“Average Hotel with Great Service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Burbank

Holiday Inn Burbank
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
San Leandro, California
“Average Hotel with Great Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. I walked in and was greeted promptly. I was even given a free drink coupon and a free upgrade to a Executive King Suite on the 18th floor (More on this later). They provide shuttle service to and from my meeting site (locally) and also the Burbank Airport.

The Room:
For an Executive King Suite, the room sure was pretty small. It really was a basic hotel room with a fridge, microwave, TV, desk, sofa, and Bed. It was remodeled and it looked clean and refreshed. My room faced the freeway, so I could definitely hear the wind noise of the freeway. In addition, the A/C is one of those older types whether you either turn it on or off. It doesn't adjust to your desired temperature. Because the room was warmer, the A/C ran and it was loud. If the windows and A/C were replaced, I think the room would have been significantly more comfortable. At least the room was clean. One problem I had was that the TV somehow wasnt showing all the channels. I had to call maintenance who came up and took care of it. (Part of the Great Service Experience).

If you need a no thrills, clean place, this is one place to consider. Try staying in a room on the mountain side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get the room on the mountain side of the hotel to avoid the noisy freeway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear BasilW78,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This Holiday Inn is somewhat dated, but you cannot beat the location...close to everywhere you would want to be in the downtown Burbank area. Waitstaff were pleasant, helpful and quick to help with finding local eateries, etc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank crystalclear2
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I feel I need to preface this with all staff I encountered were friendly, whether it be front desk, concierge, or a random maintenance man that greeted me as I walked to my room. All employees were very friendly. They were also very accommodating. I got an early check-in and a late check-out, so I feel sorry for what inevitably comes next in this review.

However, the property definitely need a touch-up. If you want to charge as much as other hotels in the area, you should live up to those standards. My room had a musty odor to it. The refrigerator and microwave were a nice touch, but that was outweighed by the fact that all television service was premium. No satellite, cable, etc. I didn't plan on watching any TV, but it was something I noticed. The wireless was spotty as well.

I do have to mention that, although the room was in need of renovation, it was very clean.

I would stay here again as I only stay at IHG properties, but that doesn't change the fact that I left expecting more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Dakota H,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is tired and a little battered around the edges, its saving grace is its proximity to a great number of quirky and funky restaurants, and a large mall. The staff at this hotel made our stay memorable for all the right reasons they smiled laughed and were incredibly pleasant to deal with staff five stars its a shame the hotel is not.

Room Tip: Our room although high up overlooked the highway so there was still noticeable traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Tracy P,

Thank you for your feedback and recognizing the service of our staff. It is pleasing to know that our location was convenient for you. I apologize though that the ambiance on site was not completely up to par. Your comments will be forwarded to the management to consider for upgrades needed.

Again, thanks for the review and I hope the next time you are in the area you give our hotel another try.

Regards,

Pam G
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel promotes a new remodel. It does have ugly new carpet that does not match the walls in the hallways. The freshly painted popcorn ceilings in the room and the drop ceiling in the halls and bath are an extra special nice touch. The floors and trim are just painted. There has been no true refurbishment. They have merely slapped lipstick on a pig. I could overlook all that if service were good. Service I so poor I walk up, not being greeted, to the concierge desk and ask,"is Disneyland around here anywhere? I think I might take a day off work." The response, "No". That's its. That's all he said. So I pushed, " are you sure, I could have sworn it was close to Burbank?" Again, "No". I said " really?" Then he said " you have to get on the 405 south. ". I could continue detailing this conversation but I will just say with this nd the lack of complimentary coffe I'm checking out this morning. YES, I SAID NO COFFE, unless you are willing to pay $2.13 for a cup. When will someone with a business degree or hotel management degree start running these properties.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Anthony C,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and apologize we fell short in meeting your expectations for this aspect. I also regret you found the level of service you received from our concierge less than satisfactory. Please be assured that the points you've raised in your review will be taken into consideration in our efforts to improve the quality and services we offer.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.

Joel B
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Burbank hotels

Fresno, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We had to move twice due to the loud construction going on. Still made no difference we could still hear them working. The rooms were old with blond furniture. A large white refrigerator with a small microwave was in the corner of the room. The wall paper in the bathroom was coming off the wall and the grout between the floor titles in the bathroom was very dirty looking. Room service was prompt but there was no where to sit and enjoy our meal. Great surrounding area to walk and visit outside of the hotel. It was a shame that the hotel did not meet the standards of a Holiday Inn. My husband's work entails much traveling within the United States and I believe we will not be using the hotel in the future.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Margo M,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and may use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
Intercourse, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is dated and aweful, definitly not up to par. The beds are among the worst hotel beds I have ever encountered. However, the views are nice, And the location is superb. Take a sleeping pill, and you will be fine. All this hotel needs is a complete and total refurbishment.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear ryskalchick,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are deeply sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for your candid feedback.

Joel B