“same as the last”

Holiday Inn Burbank
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
“same as the last”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This place is good for a night stay but dont be waiting to be wow'd I am actually trying a different hotel next time I visit. House keeping didnt do the coffee pot. No free breakfast and they charge for cookies

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Scott C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. The Holiday Inn Burbank is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret that we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ware, Hertfordshire
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Last stop on our USA trip and this was better than our last Vegas hotel in every way: friendly staff, great facilities, fridge in the room, great decor and covered parking (free) right next door. Even though it was close to the freeway the rooms are well sound proofed and it was a safe clean area. Handy launderette, cosy swimming pool and a good hot buffet breakfast. Very short drive to the movie studios if that's on your agenda.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've stayed here twice in the last month for weekend trips. I had two different rooms in two different towers. I didn't have any experiences with smells or cleanliness. One air conditioner by the elevators broke and the carpet was damp from that but both times my rooms were extremely clean and didn't smell. You also can't beat the location! It's awesome and a great place to stay for Dodger games and going to Hollywood! They give you free parking too so I think it's a great deal for the location and what you get with it!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here on business last week for 4 nights. Great location, very close to downtown Burbank. Plenty of restaurants, bars, coffee shops, movie theatre and shopping within walking distance. Easy drive to Glendale. 10 minutes to Bob Hope Airport. Easy to get to Hollywood and Downtown LA.

The hotel itself is a disappointment. The Lobby and main tower was tired and worn. It was a bit dank and musty. The room was OK at best. Definitely needs an update. The lobby needs to be renovated, the rugs need to be replaced If you must stay here, request the new tower.

The Breakfast is worth skipping. Runny scrambled eggs, the sausage tasted like it was a couple days old. The Coffee was terrible. How hard is it for a hotel to serve good coffee? Most places I stay at serve coffee all day for free. I suggest you go to one of the restaurants on San Fernando for a decent breakfast. I liked Noah's Bagels.

The bar in the lobby was really lame. But there are a few decent bars outside the hotel. I liked the Story Tavern for drinks.

There is not a Priority Club Member club lounge in this hotel.

The pool is not worth writing about.

The manager seemed very nice and genuinely wanted to help. The concierge was ok.

Overall, I really liked the proximity to a lot of things but Id probably not stay here next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you can
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Burbank hotels

San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Burbank 2 nights 7/30 - 8/1. I booked the room via price line at 105 per night. First off, the smell of the carpet that hit me when the elevator doors opened on my floor was dank and musty. My room didn't smell great either. the room was very basic, sterile and un-inviting. While the bed was ok, the pillows were extremely uncomfortable. I would definitely not stay here again

Room Tip: Unless you smoke DO NOT accept a smoking room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MaryKay M
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Upon arrival the smell was nauseating, As a Innkeeper myself , I went down to the front desk to tell them of my absolute discomfort,with no satisfaction. The room not only smelled so bad that it took three bottles of Fabrize that we purchased locally,but also had to request house keeping to come and actually clean the tub and bathroom floor, They did a half cleaning and left. there were still dirty footprints and hair all over the floor. It is very disappointing when you notify the staff and nothing is done to rectify the situation. By the way, I was with a group and my room was not the only room that was disgusting.

Room Tip: Do not pick this hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank cshumate27
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear cshumate27,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our housekeeping as well the nauseating smell in the room. I understand the discomfort this caused you. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
jacksoj5
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long get-away weekend. We wanted to do the typical sightseeing things - Griffith Park, Hollywood Blvd, Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach. We had a great time and the hotel was a great value.

It was easy to come and go - free parking was a big plus. There was a real heat wave when we were there, and we appreciated that it was covered parking so the car wasn't too hot when we needed it.

The lobby is big and comfortable. Everyone who works there is very helpful. The place is clean.

The breakfast buffet is a great value. Great, fresh, hot and cold food. Not a huge variety of choices but plenty enough for us. Everything was fresh and tasted very good. A nice way to start each day.

OK, so a few nits. The hotel was full when we checked in. There was quite a wait for the one elevator car in the middle of the building. Later I learned there was a glass-enclosed elevator down at the end of the building. The elevators and hallways don't seem to be air conditioned. The lobby felt cool enough, but by the time we got off the elevator at the 18th floor it was steaming.

Because the hotel was full we were upgraded to a "junior king executive" or something like that. It was big. Great view. Bed was comfortable. The air conditioner turned on but did not really cool the air. We were so tired, we just went to sleep. But in the morning we had to call for someone to repair the unit. The repairman came right up - we went out for the morning and when we came back it was fixed.

Would stay here again.