“A Very Good Place to Stay”

Holiday Inn Burbank
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed December 17, 2011

This is our second time in Burbank in the last 30 days and our second stay here. For the price and location we think it is a great deal and a nice hotel. The lobby is really pretty and the service is great, but you do need to get over the weird low ceilings in the hallways. Last trip we were upgraded to an executive room which was really nice and highly upgraded (except for popcorn ceilings). This trip - no upgrade, but still a nice room. GREAT location to "beautiful downtown Burbank". You can walk anywhere quickly and safely for unlimited shopping and restaurants. Something you don't always get in the area here is FREE internet and FREE parking. A real plus for our stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Burbank

Reviewed December 17, 2011

older, adequate accommodations in a convenient location in downtown Burbank. Was told they were in the process of re-decorating. We'll see next time I stay there.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views, but elevators are slow
1  Thank WWwalker
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I attended a baby shower in Arcadia a booked this hotel last minute. I generally pick Holiday Inns or any of its sister hotels because I accrue rewards points with them.

Rooms are a bit older but okay by me. Staff was superb. Ate the restaurant for dinner and breakfast buffet. Both were good. Location is near the Town Center which was a plus for my husband. While I spent the better part of Saturday night catching up with a dear friend, he walked over to the Center and watch a UFC fight. He also listened to the hotel's live band and said it was pretty good.

Overall, we were glad we picked this hotel and will/would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The Holiday Inn Towers (18 floors) had great views of the mountains and in the heart of downtown Burbank. Walk to many bars, restaurants, movie theaters and shopping. Studios and the Burbank airport five minutes by car. Yes the rooms are old, but very roomy and I was told they are in the process of updating. They even have a pillow menu. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Decent exercise room, nice business center and a pool. Outdoor elevators provide views going up and down, but can be chilly and may leak in the rain. Yes, the motels are less expensive (but I would have felt less safe with outside corridors) and the fancier hotels are more expensive. I was here for 8 days and would probably return.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view, it will be a higher floor. Didn't experience any noise from outdoors.
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I've stayed here several times for Thanksgiving weekend and have never had any problems. The hotel is older but in good condition, clean rooms, comfortable bed etc. The staff was friendly and helpful. I forgot to bring shaving cream and the desk clerk gave me a travel size can for free. I also got a coupon for a free drink in the lounge. Covered parking is free, just remember to get the ticket stamped at the front desk.

This year I was in a room facing the south side. Since Interstate 5 is just south of the building it was a lot more noisy than the rooms facing north, which is where I've always stayed before. So I would request a north facing room. My sister lives in Glendale and my brother in Laurel Canyon and the hotel was convenient to both areas. It's close to the Burbank airport, which is a lot better than flying to LAX and fighting the freeway traffic. There's always a lot of pilots and flight attendants staying there. It's an average hotel, nothing fancy but if you want a decent place to stay in the area I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side (away from Interstate 5) are much quieter.
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed for business 1 night. Check in staff was friendly, airport van drivers friendly. Hotel room was clean, TV was new, but everything else could use some updating. It isn't horrible, but it isn't modern. The beds were comfortable. There was a minifridge and microwave in my room which could be helpful, but the fridge wasn't plugged in (saving energy? guess I don't know which way to argue with that if it isn't being used, but I would have liked to have had a cold fridge to put my drinks in) When a mini fridge gets warm, it doesn't smell very fresh either, but by no means a huge issue I just had to turn it on. Veiws are pretty from high level floor. It was your average, nothing special Holiday Inn.

Breakfast in the hotel was good, which I've come to expect from Holiday Inns. Servers were friendly but it took forever for them to notice I was done and bring me the check - and it wasn't busy. If you are traveling for business, typically breakfast needs to be in a hurry.

The location is perfect; steps to shops, restaurants, and there is a parking garage that is free for guests. I'd say stay here if you didn't really care about fancy rooms and want a good location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This is one of the few hotels close to downtown Burbank, so the room rates are extremely high. The hotel is extremely dated inside. Parking in the garage is free however. My room was a "king executive" on the top floor of the north tower. Older typical Holiday Inn room, nothing special at all. it was clean, however. Despite being a platinum priority club member i was not offered an upgrade, even though the hotel was clearly not very full. The bar on the top of the south tower has a nice view of the LA area, but was oddly dead. The whole place seemed like it was caught in a time warp. Would stay here again simply for the location, and the room was clean. Otherwise, nothing much here to recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011