“Very soothing environment.”

Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed August 22, 2013

When I arrived our reserved room was not ready. We were tired from a cross country trip and disappointed. Management turned it around instantly. A suitable room was found. Fruit and wine were provided as an accommodation. We felt that management cared. Coupled with a good location close to Hollywood and the very pleasant pool area this hotel is a diamond in the rough.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Superfly19
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for your understanding when it came to finding out that your room was not ready. It was our pleasure to provide you with amenities that added to the enjoyment of your stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We look forward to having you return in the future and we thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed at Burbank Airport Marriott for two nights recently. Had forgotten how comfortable a Marriott can be, and this was certainly that, and provided a good base for our visit to Hollywood.
The airport shuffle was welcome and efficient, and the staff were by and large friendly and helpful. The only thing failing to meet their normal standards was cleaning, which was definitely sub-par, the beds looked barely made up on our second night and two cushions I had put on the floor remained for the duration as did an empty coffee cup.
Overall if you are looking for reasonably priced accommodation , and are prepared to travel 30 minutes to Hollywood then would consider this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff L
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

It’s wonderful to hear that your recent stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel was comfortable and gave you a great starting point to explore the area. Please accept our apologies for the lack of service you received and we will be sure to share your comments with our Housekeeping team. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we hope to be able to greet you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Booked this hotel as part of a Travelzoo promotion. It included free parking (normally $6) free wifi (normally $13) and $40 food credit (no alcohol). I would not have booked this hotel if this hadn't been included as I object to paying for wifi and parking when I haven't had to pay at any of the other hotels I've stayed at in California! However, hotel was very good. 2 pools and a hot tub with cabanas around the pool free of charge. If you're travelling from the airport you couldn't get a better location. Very good bar/restaurant but you certainly pay for the privilege. Hotel staff very friendly and accommodating. Good selection of off site fast food restaurants which are easily walkable. No fridge in standard rooms.

1  Thank MrWWilson

We certainly do appreciate our guests taking the time to let us know about their stays, including areas that they feel do not meet their needs. While our parking and internet fees are currently in-line with other area establishments, we do offer complimentary WiFi access in all public areas of the hotel for our guest’s convenience. We also can provide mini-refrigerators upon request and for a nominal fee in any guestroom. Thank you for mentioning our convenient location and for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My son and his 2 friends were traveling to Poland. Their flight got cancelled/delayed for 28 hrs. Having stood in endless lines for a good part of 12 hrs. Lufthansa put them up in this hotel. Being a Marriott rewards member, I called the hotel and asked if they could make sure these 3, 17 year olds got put up in a comfortable room to get a good night sleep. Marriott did not disappoint. They got a suite instead of being cramped in a regular room. They took care of them and flew out refreshed the next day. I couldn't have asked for anything more! Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Camellia S
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

It was certainly our pleasure to ensure the comfort and safety of your son and his friends during an unfortunate situation created by airline delays. We are honored to have had your confidence and trust and hope that they fully enjoyed the rest of their journey. Thank you for sharing your appreciation and for letting us know how the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel created a positive experience for your son.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I am a Platinum member and stay at Marriott hotels almost exclusively. This one did not live up to the brand. The building is designed such that the lower floors have very small windows. What is behind the wall to wall drapery is actually a small window, about 1/3 the width of the drapery. The view I had was of the side of the convention center, and the laundry drop off and employee lunch area. I did ask to be moved and was offered a room 2 floors up but directly off of the elevator lobby. Given how much noise was audible from the hallway, I chose to stay where I was.
The lounge is far too small for the number of guests they had. I had breakfast there 4 times and once needed to ask for the coffee urn to be refilled and once for the eggs to be refilled. Twice, I just took my food and went back to my room to eat since there weren't enough tables.
The room was noisy. The bed was Marriott comfortable and the shower was ok. Food from room service was all right, but never very hot.
For the price, I'll find another option if I need to return.

Room Tip: Get up as high as possible.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 2KauaiGuys

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective and for reaching out to us regarding the challenges you faced. We do apologize that the location of the room you were given did not meet your needs, as we wish every room in our hotel offered an outstanding view. It seems there were many opportunities within your stay where we could have impressed you more, and we regret that we did not. It would be our hope to be able to welcome you back for the exceptional stay that you deserve. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I thought that this was an outstanding hotel. First, it was conveniently located next to Bob Hope Airport. Second, every accommodation that I asked for was met (i.e. refrigerator). Third, they gave great directions to the "hot spots." The rooms were nice and I saw NOTHING of what the complainers found when they visited. The rooms were clean, there was no loud air conditioner, and there was no rude staff. As a matter of fact, everyone did all they could to make our stay pleasant. The hotel is also conveniently located to the Hollywood attractions as well. FYI: Hollywood is technically outside downtown Los Angeles so the traffic was steady but drivable. Yes, I did have to pay for parking but I'm in Hollywood where you practically pay for breathing so I could easily overlook that. Yes, there was no free WiFi in the rooms but it is in the lobby and the outside sitting area. Believe me, it's so nice out there at night it did not bother me at all to go there and sit beside the pool.

Room Tip: Just go looking for a good time and not to be nit picky!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

It’s always a great idea to arrive at any destination with positive thoughts and a goal of relaxing and we’re thrilled that your stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel allowed you to do just that. Sitting poolside in the cool night air is a great place to unwind and get caught up on e-mails and the like. Thank you for sharing exactly what made your stay so enjoyable and for giving other readers helpful tips. We look forward to welcoming you back anytime and thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Although the hotel had a great location near wonderful mountain, the sheets that made me break out caused a huge bummer on my trip. I broke out all over my neck and arms and the manager, while he was accomdating didn't offer any free breakfast or soemthing for the troubles. Not to mention the common problem with the door being matienanced ruining the confort of my 2nd trip to CALI. FYI dont get room 936, you can also hear peoples conversations in the next room. I just wished the stay was a bit better. I didn't like paying 5 bucks for 10 minutes on the computer then 50 cents each additional minute, that was just ridicoulous.

The 2 awesome things was the texting for valet, what a cool idea and they totally rocked it and the wonderful housekeeping that changed my sheets and washing in hot water instead of bleach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We are not at all sure that your review was meant for our hotel, as we do offer PURE allergy friendly rooms and our Internet usage is not billed the way you describe. Our PURE allergy friendly rooms provide our guests with the ultimate comfort level for those sensitive to airborne particles. Internet access within our guestrooms is billed at $12.95 per day and for our guest’s convenience, we offer complimentary access throughout all public areas of our hotel. We do apologize for the stay that you described, whether it was with us or not and we hope that you will consider staying with us in the future. Thank you for your review.