Having won this property via Priceline ($71/night), I was a bit worried that I hadn’t gotten a good deal. Luckily, this upscale property was a refreshing and wonderful stay during a vacation and I have nothing but praise for the staff.
Situated directed across North Hollywood Way from the Burbank airport, there is an East Tower and West Tower, which bracket the outdoor pool and cabanas. The conference center is in the back away from the main road and is quite impressive. The hotel’s gated parking lot runs parallel to all of the buildings – it is split between “hotel guest parking” and “long-term airport parking” and the airport shuttle. Parking for guests runs $18/night.
The lobby is classy, modern, and understated. Refreshing water urns (filled with cucumber and orange slices) are available to guests. I was greeted by Paul at the front desk – he was polite, warm, and a genial first ambassador for the property who didn’t bat an eye when I mentioned that I was a Marriott Rewards guest who came via Priceline. I quietly asked if there were any packages that combined the overnight parking fee with internet access since I’d hoped to save a few dollars; Paul mentioned with a smile that there wasn’t a standard one but he’d put together a deal for me. I was elated when he waived the normal $12.95 daily internet fee. Kudos to the management for allowing their front desk the ability to satisfy guests!
My room (#525) was in keeping with Marriott standards: two queen beds with firm mattresses, fine linens, ample work desk, large flat-screen TV, classy furniture, an efficient A/C system, and a well-appointed bathroom. I appreciated the reading lights built into each bed’s headboard, too. The bathroom’s granite counter space was of special note since there was a lot of it – no need to worry that you won’t have enough space for your toiletries.
Housekeeping was wonderful each day in tidying up my bed, fluffing pillows, and restocking the bath. It was great to see them each day in the halls attending to the other rooms and I enjoyed handing them each day’s gratuity for a job well done.
While I did miss having an in-room safe and refrigerator that are often staples in the Courtyard by Marriott line, I was still happy with the fact that an ice machine was at the end of the hall. I would gladly stay at this property again on future visits.
Since this was my first visit to Burbank, I was pleased that the airport area wasn’t the traditional scruffy one that usually plagues most airports. The airport itself is cute, convenient, and passenger-friendly. Want to know how decent an area this was? I returned my rental car the night before to the airport and walked down the passenger sidewalk, across North Hollywood Way, and into the hotel with no trouble or worry at all.
* If you thought this review was helpful, could you click on the button? Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Receive movie star treatment at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport. Our 50,000 square feet of deluxe meeting facilities, 22 breakout rooms, four VIP boardrooms and convenient services make us a premier conference center in the city. Professionals and vacationers alike will appreciate meals at the Daily Grill in addition to our full-service business center, Media Lounge, valet parking and free shuttle to the Burbank Bob Hope Airport (BUR). Our Burbank hotel also has a state-of-the-art fitness center, two outdoor pools and shaded cabanas surrounding fire pits for a peaceful evening under the California stars. When it comes time to turn in, our two newly renovated California guest towers feature luxurious rooms with soft bedding for a sound night's sleep. Some of Southern California's hottest attractions, including Warner Bros. Studios, Universal Studios and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, are within easy reach when staying at our luxurious Burbank hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel Burbank
- Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel
- Burbank Marriott