“Ok rooms, horrendous air con”

Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've stayed here a few times, specifically due to the location. Beds are standard Marriott beds, comfortable and offering a good sleep. The staff are great. What is terrible, however, is the air con - it is so noisy it is unreal - the thermostat ineffective. If the room is hot which it usually is, then you need the air con on, which means you will not sleep. If this is a problem (!), avoid this hotel. For me it's an issue but I arrived from overseas and have no other options and therefore will struggle tomorrow.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with quiet air con.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

It's great to hear from our return guests and get their perspective on their stays. We do appreciate your compliments for our staff and comfortable accommodations, but regret that you had issues with the A/C in your room. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us immediately during any future stays to let us know if there are any problems that need our attention. Thank you for your kind review and for choosing to stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Burbank Marriott was the site for a convention I attended. I stayed there 5 nights. Basically, there is nothing wrong with this hotel - it's nice, well-run, with comfortable rooms, good convention spaces, and a good quality on-site restaurant and bar.

But there are a couple of drawbacks. One, the location - there is nothing here! A group of fast-food joints across the street is all the area offers. Anything else is a car/taxi ride away.

The second drawback is that this hotel has the most ridiculous Wi-Fi charges I have ever seen in any hotel... ever! They charge $13 per day for Wi-Fi access in your room.... PER DEVICE! So if you have two devices, or if you and your roommate each want to access the internet, you must pay $13 per day for each device. Why not just charge $13 per room, and just give us a password? It's just ridiculous gouging. They do have free Wi-Fi in the lobby area, but it proved to often be slow, and occasionally didn't work at all.

Unless you're flying through Burbank airport and need to overnight nearby (it's literally across the street), or attending a convention here, then I see no reason to stay at this hotel - choose something with a better location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While we're happy to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable, it is disappointing to learn that you weren't fully impressed. Our convenient location offers easy access to the Burbank (Bob Hope) Airport and puts our guests within minutes of major attractions such as Universal Studios and Hollywood. We also offer a complimentary shuttle that can transport you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of our hotel. For future reference, Marriott Platinum & Gold Members receive complimentary Wi-Fi access and if you're not a member, it's easy and free to join. If you choose to access the Internet from our public spaces and have any issues, please don't hesitate to let us know. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to greet you again in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I and two female friends stayed one night at the Burbank Marriott when we visited the Ellen Show. The hotel was so nice and accommodating, if I ever need to travel from the Burbank Airport, I'll certainly plan to stay there again. It was just across the street from the airport, and about a mile to the Warner Bros. Studios, not to mention the IKEA store in the same area. When I began looking for a place to stay, I found the next price level down was only $12 lower, and none of those hotels had anything near the reviews for this one. GOOD value!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel as your place to stay during your recent trip. We hope you thoroughly enjoyed all the fun activities you had planned and thank you for mentioning our convenient location. To hear that you will be returning is the biggest compliment we can receive and we hope that it's soon! Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Overall I happy with my stay because of one thing: they let me check in early (0945 hrs). I also give them compliments on the friendly service (front desk), amenities (pool, and full service restaurant and bar). The place is clean and modern.

Now the drawbacks. When I turned on tv the sound didn't work and the AC continued to blow freezing cold air (could not turn it off). The maintenance men responded quickly to the TV but were slow for the A/C. Those things aren't a big deal to me though. What is a big deal is location. If you are flying into Burbank its across the street. However if you want to explore universal studios and Hollywood its a bit of a drive. They do have a shuttle that runs to Universal but it goes from 8-12 in morning then from 4-7 in evening. It doesn't run continuously which is kinda of a drag, also parking is $15 and wifi costs.

Overall I was happy with the place if you have business in Burbank and studio city but probably wouldn't stay here if you're doing things south of there. Traffic sucks iN LA.

• Stayed: October 2011

While we are very happy to read that you were able to enjoy many of the aspects that make the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel a great place to stay, we do regret if you were inconvenienced in any way by our complimentary shuttle. For future reference, our shuttle runs from 8 - 12 AM for departure to Universal Studios and 4:20 - 9:20 PM (excluding 6:20) for the return trip to the hotel. It is highly recommended to make advance reservations in order to secure a spot on the shuttle. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to be able to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the beautiful establishment, and I am very glad I chose this hotel. I ended up getting sick during my trip, and spent quite a bit of time at the hotel. It truly was like home away from home. The beds were very comfortable, the staff was very courteous and polite. They were also very easy to identify. I had to order room service a couple of nights because I was unable to get out. I tend to not order room service anywhere because the prices are usually more than normal. Let me tell you....the service was phenomenal, and the food was excellent. I was very impressed with the food.

One other thing that's worth mentioning is that the hotel is centrally located. You can get to downtown LA in 20 minutes, to Hollywood in 20 minutes, and get a free shuttle to Universal Studios. The hotel does have quite a few restaurants nearby if you want a quick bite. There's a Denny's and McDonalds just across the street. Other food chains are just a few blocks away.

I see that there are some negative reviews of this hotel, and we all have different expectations of a hotel. The thing that stands out to me at any hotel is the way that I'm greeted when I enter, how quickly they provide requests, the comfort of the beds, the swimming pool, and what's on tv. I like to dine out most of the time, so food is never a big deal at the hotel (unless I'm in Vegas). While the pool was a little small, this hotel was great. I was treated very well, and am thankful I chose them.

My hats are off to the staff of this Marriott. I've decided that I will always stay here whenever I'm in the LA area. You have earned an A+ from me. Thanks for helping me get back healthy again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hearing that you have fully recovered from your health issues makes us very happy. It was our pleasure to assist you in any way that we could during such a trying time. We know that trips don't always go as one planned and we're glad that we were here to help when you needed us. One of the greatest compliments we can receive is being described as a home-away-from-home, and it certainly makes us smile to know that your experience reminded you of those comforts. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you are feeling better and for your review of the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We are truly looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just got back from a week at the Marriott...overall quite dissapointed. We just got married in Vegas and stayed in the Marriot for a week to explore L.A. The rooms are pretty average for what you would expect - clean and pleasant enough. We had a view of the airport and the freeway which was pretty uninspiring. Although the hotel had been made aware by the company that booked our holiday that we had just been married and that they should show "every courtesy" this message did not appear to get through to the staff. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the universal studios but on more than one occassion we were told it was fully booked all day so we couldn't use it (it is meant to run every 2 hours or so and the shuttle was sat in the care park empty)! On another occassion, I telephoned to confirm we would be using the shuttle to return from Universal studios and asked the concierge to advise the driver of this. He confirmed he had done. As we were on our way up to the meeting point at Universal studios the last shuttle bus from the marriot was pulling away without us! My wife was 26 weeks pregnant at the time and so we were left stranded at the theme park, having once again to get a taxi back. The public transport system is very poor in L.A. and I estimate we spent around $300 in a week trying to get around in taxis. The pool area is very basic - no music or pool bar etc - you have to ring through to the main bar to have a drink brought out to you. The food and drink prices appeared quite expensive to me - around $8 for a beer. Also, you have to pay extra for wifi in your room but if you aren't staying at the hotel you can use if for free in the bar?! Not a good way to reward your guests although there is free internet access in a room downstairs if you want to sit at a desktop. Overall it is a basic hotel in a poor location unless you want to be near the regional Bob Hope airport. Not recommended as a base for exploring L.A. at all. Very simial standard to a travel lodge in the uk with a basic pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. It is disappointing to learn that your recent stay was not as you had expected, especially when visiting for such a special occasion, and we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We can fully understand your frustration regarding our shuttle, and we do try to ensure each guest that requires its services is accommodated. Unfortunately, there are times when there are more guests than available seating and for that we apologize. Our recommendation is to reserve your seat well in advance to ensure your place on the shuttle. We certainly do not like hearing that your stay was not fully enjoyable, and sincerely regret having not met your needs. It would be our hope to be able to welcome you back and regain your trust in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My family and I been staying at Marriott Hotels and Courtyard Inns for twenty plus years and this by far the worstexperience I've had to date. The front desk help is very cold and has a poorunfriendly attitude. On our previous stay the hotel tried to charge us for two nights when we were only there for one. On our most recent visit we asked if we could extend our check our by a couple of hours since we were working all night. "We'll give you one hour and if you're not out by then we'll charge you for a second night". I just don't think that's the way to treat Elite Marriott members who are loyal and dedicated patrons. Maybe it's time to start using the Starwood brand.

2  Thank Rjsniteflyte

It certainly concerns us to learn that you did not receive the personalized service that we strive to provide each and every guest. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is our highest priority and we regret if your experience did not reflect that. It is our hope to welcome you back to experience our hotel from a renewed perspective. Thank you for your review.