Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed September 7, 2012

You will not meet a friendlier, better staff than this Marriott. I'm always a bit skeptical with airport hotels but this one has won me over. The hotel is beautiful, rooms clean and comfortable (they are a bit small though) and the bed is super comfy. They have direct tv in the rooms and a fully functioning remote control! (things I have learned to appreciate while traveling so much). The daily grill has great staff and service and the food is very good. I will definatly be staying here again when back in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your recent visit to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We love hearing that you received a restful night's sleep and enjoyed a delicious meal at the Daily Grill. Your kind comments regarding our staff are sincerely appreciated and will be shared with them. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and we thank you for your review.

There are newer reviews for Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were in Burbank for a wedding at the Calamigos Equestrian Center. The Marriott is about 4.5 miles from the venue. Very convenient access too the freeway or side roads are also available to avoid traffic. Two towers, lovely lobby, small pool area and Daily Grill Restaurant on the premises. A small shopping center is also across the street with a variety of eateries. Airport is adjacent to hotel but not noisy! I was impressed by the sound proofing!
If you get there on a Friday, the Concierge lounge is closed by 12 noon!
We were upgraded to a suite. Nice appointments. Small dining table for two, sofa and flat screen TV in the living room and one in the bedroom. I love the plushness of their beds!
The outside of the hotel looks old. The inside of the hotel is modern and updated. It has a convention center next it it. Definitely a good choice to stay in.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your generous comments. We're thrilled to see that you were able to enjoy a comfortable stay while staying with us and were able to take advantage of our many amenities. The Calamigos Equestrian Center is a magnificent place to hold a wedding and we hope you thoroughly enjoyed your time there. We hope you'll visit Burbank again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We absolutely love this hotel, especially when visiting Universal Studios Hollywood. It's off the expensive Hollywood hotels grid but only a short drive away. We're even able to take the backroads from the hotel to the park. I also know they provide a shuttle to and from Universal though we've never used it. The rooms are clean and the overall feel of the hotel is welcoming. I know there's a couple pools and from what I saw, the fitness center has plenty of high-end equipment. It's $17/night for parking, so be prepared to have the extra fees. It's a safe lot so worth it. We love staying here and we'll stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your kind comments and appreciation of our hotel. We are so pleased to learn that the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel is your go-to hotel when visiting the area. Our convenient location makes it easy to visit the many wonderful attractions, such as Universal Studios, and we thank you for mentioning our complimentary shuttle. We loved your review and are looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay very soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have now stayed at this hotel both pre and post renovation. The post renovation rooms are nice and clean, the lobby thinks it's in Hollywood, it is trying to be very swanky which is silly since this is the valley.

Three things completely ruined my stay.

1. The AC unit tried to rattle itself off the wall my first night. It was very loud and woke me up several times in the night. The next day it took two requests for this to be fixed.

2. There were no towels at the pool, after three of us asked and a 1/2 hour still no towels. My son and I were forced to walk to our room through stupidly swanky lobby dripping wet and freezing. The front desk clerk argued with me when I suggested that maybe he could have sent someone other than housekeeping to restock the towels since they were unresponsive.

3. There was a spotlight shining directly into my window. The curtain wouldn't close all the way and this woke me up several times too since I kept thinking it was the sun.

• Stayed: August 2012

Although it seems there were parts of your stay that were enjoyable, we do regret to learn that others did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you encountered and your comments will be shared with our staff in order to pre-empt any further issues. We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back for the exceptional stay that you deserve and we thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

It is a nice place to stay, but you will get hit with an $18 per night parking fee.Also if you want to us the internet in your room get ready for another fee, They did have free drinks in the lobby from 4 to 8pm.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lbrichman
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

We appreciate your feedback and can understand your frustration regarding separate fees for services. While not every guest uses our parking or internet, we feel it is a better choice to only include that charge for those that do and we hope you understand. Thank you for your review and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Hotel has a boutique feel to it. The service was extremely gracious and quick. We needed a roll away bed and a refrigerator, both were sent to the room immediately on request, as were towels. Very convenient to LA, Hollywood and Beverly Hills, not as convenient to the West Side Beaches. But we got this hotel as part of a JetBlue package, and the price was most definitely right. Our kids loved it (particularly the fruit infused water as you walk into the lobby and the two pools). Didn't try the Daily Grill, but sure that's good too (I've been to other Daily Grills). Well done. Very convenient to Universal Studios, which is only 15 minutes away at most.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the Burbank Airport, and never had an issue with noise at all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cappio

We certainly enjoy creating life-long memories for our guests and it seems your family had a chance to do just that while here. Our convenient location gives our guests the ability to effortlessly explore the Burbank/Hollywood/Los Angeles area and then return to their comfortable accommodations for a relaxing evening. Thank you for your gracious review and please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Drive up to the front entrance and walk though the front door into the lobby and you'll be hard pressed to think you're in a "typical" Marriott hotel. Both appear to have been recently renovated and present an updated, modern and an almost "boutique" styled hotel look. A stone driveway, unique landscaping, modernistic lobby furniture and lighting that changes from one color to another throughout the reception area.

Turn left from the reception desk and walk towards one of the two towers and you'll pass the outdoor pool that also doesn't look like a "typical" Marriott pool. Stylish furniture, cabanas and fire pit tables surround the small but seldom used pool (at least during the three days that I was there).

Having been presented with such a great first impression, I was anticipating an equally renovated and up to date room. Instead the room I was in, 934, was your typical Marriott room or maybe even a notch below. I really can't remember the last night I spent in a full service Marriott where the air conditioning unit was actually inside the room (like you'd find at some Courtyards or Fairfield Inns). The room was clean and functional but just needs some updating. Bathroom was a single sink, tub/shower combination.

The area that's in the greatest need of renovation is the concierge lounge. Probably the worst, no, definitely the worst, concierge lounge I've ever seen at any Marriott hotel. It's in a converted meeting room and I use the word "converted" loosely because the lounge still looks like a meeting room with some table, chairs and two TV's at both ends. Completely lacks any style or design especially when compared with the renovations that were done in the other common areas of the hotel. Breakfast selections were fine but the evening cocktails and desserts seemed to always be picked over or simply out long before the end of the night.

The gym was another area of inconsistency. Divided into two rooms, one with cardio machines the other with weights and weight machines, several pieces of cardio equipment were out of service and a couple of others had inoperable or missing TV's on them.

I had one meal (dinner) at the in-house restaurant, The Daily Grille. Nice decor and atmosphere, good food but not not a very friendly bar staff. Professional and efficient, yes. Friendly? Not really. The bar/restaurant seems to be popular with locals as well as the hotel guests.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but only because I'm a Marriott Platinum Elite member and there's no other full service Marriott or Hyatt nearby (I'm also a Platinum Hyatt member). But if my business takes me any closer to LA I'd probably look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main tower, not the one closest to the convention center
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HeyMan76
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for your wonderfully descriptive review of the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We're thrilled that you enjoyed our open-air lobby and relaxing pool area, but regret to learn that there were several missed opportunities to make your stay exceptional. Suggestions from our guests are the best way for us to further improve the experience at our hotel and we sincerely appreciate yours. We hope to be able to welcome you back for a more positive experience in the future.