“Stone's throw from Bob Hope Burbank Airport”

Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Despite being so close to the Burbank Airport, the property was surprisingly quiet. You can walk there from the hotel in about 10 minutes. However, that would be unnecessary, as the hotel provides an airport shuttle.

While I didn't use the airport, I noticed that the parking is available for $12/day there, rather than the $17/day charged by the hotel.

The only time the hotel got really noisy was on the last two nights when there was some event involving a lot of Mexican/Spanish ladies and children in pretty frocks. Then, the music went late into the night and was quite intrusive to the occupants on the side nearer the conference building.

I also noticed the logo of the "M" train nearby the airport, which could be about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. I did not walk here, but am estimating the time taken after passing the station by car. I assume the "M" is part of the metro which I have also never taken. I noticed passengers from the airport walking here to take the train.

Across the road from the hotel are some fast food eateries. McDonald's, Dennys, Panda Express etc. The hotel itself has a restaurant called the Daily Grill, which, from colleague's reports, was good. Another colleague, however, was unhappy with the quality of the Caesar Salad from room service that arrived after a 25-minute wait, sans egg.

With car, one can get around to various shopping malls nearby within a 2-3 mile radius: One near Empire Avenue where there is Target, Nordstrom Rack, Best Buy, Marshall's etc. and the Burbank Town Centre that offers a Macy's, Barnes and Noble, In and Out Burger, Ikea, AMC movie theatre and so on.

Up the road less than 1.5 miles away is the well known Porto's Bakery and Cafe, where I spent more that one breakfast in my 5 night stay at this hotel.

The counter staff were pleasant and efficient. I liked that the lobby offered cold water with either lemons or oranges in the each water vessel. The room was reasonably clean. However, the daily bottle of water was not always replaced. Nor was an extra bar of soap replaced when one was already in use, as most other hotels would do.

The bath suffers from drainage issues. The first day, the water did not flow down quick enough. By the third day, the water would rise to just below my ankles through my shower. On the fourth day, I noticed that the water drained quickly - kudos to, presumably, an alert chambermaid washing down the tub.

The sink also drained each day slower and slower during my stay. On my last morning, I could hear and see plumbing works done through the gurgling noises down my sink. This caused dirty water to regurgitate up my sink while I was washing my face. However, by the end of my morning ritual (not longer than 5 minutes), the sink drained quickly again.

Other than these issues, I didn't have much to complain about as I was mostly out of the hotel. I wish there was a button between "average" and "very good", because this property deserves neither. Given there were plumbing issues, it'll have to be "average".

3  Thank worddict
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you for your detailed and comprehensive review of the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. While it seems there were aspects of your stay that were quite enjoyable, we do regret that you encountered any inconveniences while staying here. If at any time during your visit we can make your stay more comfortable, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our staff as they would be more than eager to assist you. Your suggestions and helpful tips for other guests are very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We stepped off the Amtrak Coast Starlight from San Francisco and were in our rooms in 10 minutes thanks to the efficient hotel shuttle. The airport is even closer.

Huge, beautiful lobby with efficient front desk. But the bellboys and valet parkers seemed asleep, never offering assistance. Nice rooms, well appointed.

The Market Restaurant is a bit affected. Try Denny's across the street for a fast, affordable breakfast.

And why, oh why, does a hotel whacking you $179 a night for a room try to extort another $14.95 from you for internet access? Shame on your Marriott!

Room Tip: There are two towers. Avoid the one facing the runways.
1  Thank Cameron06820
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

It’s certainly wonderful to read that our complimentary shuttle and open-air lobby added such convenience and enjoyment to your stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We are aware that some hotels charge for internet and others do not and hope you understand that there is a cost to providing internet services. We do offer free internet access from all public areas and in our Business Center. Your comments regarding our valet service will be forwarded to the appropriate Department Manager in the hopes that this situation will be rectified. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Right across the street from the Burbank airport yet very quiet. Marriott rooms never disappoint and this property is no exception. They have 2 small pools, a very nice work out facility, a nice restaurant and a busy bar in the lobby. We have stayed here several times and will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Your continued loyalty to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel and the Marriott brand is greatly appreciated. It’s wonderful to learn that you had the opportunity to enjoy many of the outstanding amenities that our hotel has to offer and we can’t wait to welcome you back for another great stay in the very near future. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Date: April 2012. I have stayed at the Burbank Marriott a number of times. It is always good. It has a very beautiful lobby in which to sit on a quiet evening. The outside areas have couches and tables, two swim pools available. ( I wish they could control the smokers who will take a few steps from the front entry and stand there puffing away.) this ruins the whole outside area for everyone else sitting and talking. The food in the restaurant is great! but the prices seem to go up with every visit. Nice Happy hour. Great little inside store and all the amenities you may need.
I stayed here with spouse, friends, grandchild. Each time was fun.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on Hollywood Way so I can see the sunset over the distance. It's still quiet...
1  Thank geethree w

When we learn that a guest leaves our hotel totally satisfied with their stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, we can do nothing but smile! How wonderful that you had the chance to enjoy a beautiful sunset right from the comfort of your guestroom. We truly appreciate you letting us know about the inconvenience at our pool, and we will do our best to alleviate the situation. Knowing that you have been inspired to return again and again is the best compliment we can receive and we look forward to greeting you and your family and friends in the future. Thank you for your gracious review.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I live in Orange County, CA and I've attended several shows that have been at the LA Marriott's Convention Center over the years but this was the first time I've stayed there for a couple of days. I was attending the Monsterpalooza Show and arrived Friday, April 13 and left the morning of April 15. My wife took the train up on Saturday, the stations is 0.3 miles away, and spent most of the day on her own and we left together on Sunday. We both enjoyed the hotel, the dining area and I enjoyed the Convention area of the hotel. The food was very good. Check in and check out was very fast. We even valet parked so we could easily get out Saturday night for a dinner with friends. Everything was pleasant and it was a relaxing weekend for my wife and I.

There were several reasons why I didn't give the place 5 stars. The room was supposed to be non-smoking but someone had smoked in there. Another is that I'm a plus-sized man and the supposedly comfortable chair in the room had a very narrow width so it wasn't easy for me to slip in and out of it. It was also too low to the ground for my liking. I did like that the shower had a safety bar but there was a note if you wanted a non-slip pad, you needed to call housekeeping. If felt that a non-slip mat should have either come with the room or the shower already have non-slip floor grips in the first place.

Room Tip: Take the time to change rooms if you find someone had smoked in the non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

We’re thrilled to read that you and your wife were able to have a relaxing and enjoyable getaway while at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. Monsterpalooza is such a fun event and we’ve heard from quite a few attendees that they had a great time. During any future stays, please don’t hesitate to let us know immediately if there are any problems with your room, as it would be our pleasure to assist you in finding the perfect accommodations. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we can’t wait to welcome you back again.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This Marriott property had everything I need. Great fitness room. clean and comfortable room, nice reasonably priced restaurant. I will stay here again

• Stayed: April 2012
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Knowing that the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel met all your needs and created an exceptional stay for you makes us very happy. We absolutely appreciate your gracious comments and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Great hotel , great service, like 30 minutes to downtown, business center, concierge, convenience store, valet parking.

Room Tip: any room away from elevator
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for letting us know that your stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel was so enjoyable. We love hearing from our guests and we hope to welcome you back very soon.