Despite being so close to the Burbank Airport, the property was surprisingly quiet. You can walk there from the hotel in about 10 minutes. However, that would be unnecessary, as the hotel provides an airport shuttle.
While I didn't use the airport, I noticed that the parking is available for $12/day there, rather than the $17/day charged by the hotel.
The only time the hotel got really noisy was on the last two nights when there was some event involving a lot of Mexican/Spanish ladies and children in pretty frocks. Then, the music went late into the night and was quite intrusive to the occupants on the side nearer the conference building.
I also noticed the logo of the "M" train nearby the airport, which could be about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. I did not walk here, but am estimating the time taken after passing the station by car. I assume the "M" is part of the metro which I have also never taken. I noticed passengers from the airport walking here to take the train.
Across the road from the hotel are some fast food eateries. McDonald's, Dennys, Panda Express etc. The hotel itself has a restaurant called the Daily Grill, which, from colleague's reports, was good. Another colleague, however, was unhappy with the quality of the Caesar Salad from room service that arrived after a 25-minute wait, sans egg.
With car, one can get around to various shopping malls nearby within a 2-3 mile radius: One near Empire Avenue where there is Target, Nordstrom Rack, Best Buy, Marshall's etc. and the Burbank Town Centre that offers a Macy's, Barnes and Noble, In and Out Burger, Ikea, AMC movie theatre and so on.
Up the road less than 1.5 miles away is the well known Porto's Bakery and Cafe, where I spent more that one breakfast in my 5 night stay at this hotel.
The counter staff were pleasant and efficient. I liked that the lobby offered cold water with either lemons or oranges in the each water vessel. The room was reasonably clean. However, the daily bottle of water was not always replaced. Nor was an extra bar of soap replaced when one was already in use, as most other hotels would do.
The bath suffers from drainage issues. The first day, the water did not flow down quick enough. By the third day, the water would rise to just below my ankles through my shower. On the fourth day, I noticed that the water drained quickly - kudos to, presumably, an alert chambermaid washing down the tub.
The sink also drained each day slower and slower during my stay. On my last morning, I could hear and see plumbing works done through the gurgling noises down my sink. This caused dirty water to regurgitate up my sink while I was washing my face. However, by the end of my morning ritual (not longer than 5 minutes), the sink drained quickly again.
Other than these issues, I didn't have much to complain about as I was mostly out of the hotel. I wish there was a button between "average" and "very good", because this property deserves neither. Given there were plumbing issues, it'll have to be "average".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Receive movie star treatment at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport. Our 50,000 square feet of deluxe meeting facilities, 22 breakout rooms, four VIP boardrooms and convenient services make us a premier conference center in the city. Professionals and vacationers alike will appreciate meals at the Daily Grill in addition to our full-service business center, Media Lounge, valet parking and free shuttle to the Burbank Bob Hope Airport (BUR). Our Burbank hotel also has a state-of-the-art fitness center, two outdoor pools and shaded cabanas surrounding fire pits for a peaceful evening under the California stars. When it comes time to turn in, our two newly renovated California guest towers feature luxurious rooms with soft bedding for a sound night's sleep. Some of Southern California's hottest attractions, including Warner Bros. Studios, Universal Studios and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, are within easy reach when staying at our luxurious Burbank hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel Burbank
- Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel
- Burbank Marriott