“business trip”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Dallas, Texas
“business trip”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

The customer service of this hotel is one of the best that i have seen in years. Steven at the front desk was very helpful from the start of the stay. The room service was great and the valet parking was a plus. The location of this hotel is perfect.
The rooms were very clean and the daily grill restaraunt was very good.

I would recommend folks to stay here any time if they are visiting la.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
What a great review! We strive to accommodate our guests at every turn and your kind and thoughtful acknowledgment will let our staff know what an impact they made. It was a pleasure having you as a guest and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We rented three rooms at the Marriott Burbank Airport for our family. Check-in was smooth with no problems. The desk and concierge personnel were friendly, helpful and efficient. The room were spacious, clean and well furnished. It's obviously been renovated since it was the Hilton years ago. There is a $15 per day per car fee for the parking that their web site neglects to mention and the parking lot is not all that close. The elevators in the East Tower arrive quickly and the operate very fast. Everything about the hotel and our stay was most pleasant and we'd not hesitate to recommend the Marriott if you're in the area. Although it is close to the airport and we were on the sixth floor we didn't hear any aircraft noise at all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gordon C
It’s wonderful to hear that your family enjoyed their stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. We’re sorry that you missed the information on our website about our parking fees under Guest Amenities, but truly hope that any inconveniences were minimal. Thank you for mentioning our convenient location and for the kind recommendation. It would be our privilege to welcome your family back again in the very near future.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Ok it's close to the airport and the gym is decent everything else not so great. Clearly management never slept in any of the rooms. For example the smoke alarm is aimed directly at your head and blinks wildly all night long. As for service, well I called the front desk it rang 40! Times no answer and that's just one small example.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. While, we do regret that you did not experience the quality and service levels our hotel is known for; we do want and need to know when improvements and enhancements are in order. Please be assured, our Leadership team is addressing the items you mentioned. Thank you again for your comments. We would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back soon with warm hospitality and a restful night sleep.
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This is a large business-oriented hotel, with pay parking, adjoining the local convention center and situated right across from the air terminal. In fact, with roller bags it's a very easy walk crossing only one street on the way. The hotel is built with 2 towers, with the Marriott Elite members given rooms in the eastern one. My room was large enough with an airport view, but the window was permanently sealed which left the room air circulation at the disposal af the thermostat. The room had an ice bucket which I filled to keep my beverages cold and fresh. There's a restaurant and bar on site and wi-fi is available. There are many transportation options nearby including buses to downtown Burbank and Hollywood, as well as the MetroRail to places further away. The hotel provides a free local shuttle and the bellmen are eager to help out. There's a lobby business center where you can print air tickets and even make your next reservation if you are traveling on. The strip mall across the street is full of small fast food restaurants so if you lack your own transportation, you'll still have some choices for food. If you walk through the hotel hallways you'll find vintage Burbank photos hanging on the walls. But I think the normal tourist might like something more downscale. The environment here definitely beckons the business type; Hollywood shakers more specifically.

Room Tip: As for a room with a fridge and microwave.
Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
What an informative collection of straight-forward descriptions of the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel! We’re sure our other guests will appreciate the detail and helpful hints you’ve given regarding our hotel, as do we. We love it when a guest takes the time to notice all the little details that make the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel such a great place to stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us, and other guests know about your stay and we look forward to your return.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed here three nights in a row on a business trip. The beds are really comfortable. The bedding is very comfortable as well. The restaurant is very good, "Daily Grill". The gym is one of the better gyms I have seen in a hotel. It has two separate areas, one for weights, one for cardio. The hotel is within spitting distance of the Burbank Airport, and offers a shuttle to and from the airport. My business was in Universal City. This was also very close. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank JustinW567
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
The convenient location of the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel is a great asset to our guests and one of the many wonderful attributes our hotel has. We’re so glad to see that you had a restful three nights and were able to utilize our gym. When your work next brings you to the area we will be looking forward to your return visit. Thank you for the great review.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 30, 2011

If you want to be close to the Burbank Airport, LOOK NO FURTHER. This place is practically on the runway, and I love it for that. Great for plane watching. They do a decent job of keeping the airplane noises out. Too bad they charge $18 for outdoor parking.

Right across the street, for you hungry people, Del Taco (my favorite!) and McDonalds.

There is free wifi in the lobby only. Go figure. Makes no sense to me, free wifi in the lobby and not in the rooms, but hey, everyone is trying to save a buck these days, I guess hotels are too. It is not like there is a casino on property and they want you out of your rooms, so why not free in-room wifi??

Full size beds SUCK! There, I said it. We have two 4 year old boys and we have to get a room with 2 beds. This hotel has full size beds not Queens. Try having a good night sleep in a full, with your significant other. I dare you.

Upon check-in, I asked the guy at the front desk for a NON connecting room as connecting rooms make me feel strange. I HATE that extra door. Creeps me out. Anyways, I was told EVERY room in the hotel that had 2 beds had a connecting room. To my surprise, the room given to us did NOT have a connecting door leading to a strangers room. Maybe he did not understand my question.

Overall, a clean hotel. Stay here if you want to be close to the Burbank Airport. Next time, if I ever stay here again, I will use my secret weapon. I will share this with you. Don't say I never gave you anything.... Go to Cheap Airport Parking.com and you can find the same parking area for less than HALF the price. I found out too late, but next time Marriott Burbank! Next time I will pay half to park in your lot!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. Perhaps we could have suggested one of our well-appointed suites with King-size beds and a pull-out sofa, which would have suited your family better, We’re thrilled that our location worked out so well for you and we’re sure your boys enjoyed watching the planes take off and land. Thank you for noting the fact that we need to continue to reemphasize with our new front of house personnel from a fact sheet perspective about the attributes of our hotel because we would like all of our customers to be properly informed. To clarify the airport parking comment, please know that for a hotel guest stay we allow for free in and out privileges each day no matter how many times one goes to and from the hotel. Airport parking rates on the hotel property are one time usage without free in out privileges. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Vallejo, California
Reviewed November 25, 2011

This is the first terrible stay at Marriott Hotel. I'm a rewards member and always stay at any Marriott Hotels where ever I go. We decided to leave San Francisco a little earlier than planned because of we didn't want to drive in the rain. I asked if we can check-in early Thanksgiving morning about 5am because we were going to be at Disneyland until midnight due to the Holiday. I figured they would allow us to check-in because it was the holidays and practically no one there but I wasn't surprised when they declined but it also didn't hurt to ask.

I just didn't want to pay for a night we didn't sleep there but just arrived 6 hours early and wanted to freshen up & store our luggage before going to Disneyland. So instead we went to a near-by relatives home to freshen up and hauled all our luggage in back of our SUV and drove 45 minutes to Disneyland. We stayed all day at Disneyland until 10pm. Drove back to the Hotel in Burbank and finally checked-in.

Terrible, Terrible experience. Worse service ever in our history of hotel staying. The valet parking attendant was alright. Seemed like just work for him. No kind of "Hello how are you this evening?" Just, "Valet is $24, Self-Park is $15 a day." It was late but valet we did, $24 valet a bit too much I think.

Then the experience from the front desk, another terrible experience. Her name was Taylor and no customer service manners. I think the management needs a class for the employees with etiquette manners. She didn't ask us how are we doing, just "last name of reservation". Just not pleasant at all.

Oh...and don't let the decor from the newly renovated lobby fool you. We stayed in the East building and when we got to the floor where we were staying...OMG, the hallways look dreadful. Ugggh, just like another hotel. Then when we got into our room...I should have know from the hallway it also looked dreadful. It looked like another motel. Terrible decor. The bathroom was small, walls were plain, curtains ugly. We stayed in a 2 bed, (I thought Queen size bed, but it was actually double beds) and one of the beds felt like a 2 ton wrecking ball fell on it. I sat on the edge of the bed and my bottom practically was sitting on the floor (Room #244, if you would like to check the bed manager). The furniture look like another "motel" room. Ugly!!

I would not recommend this hotel or at least the management should let their staff know to be more pleasant and smile more--because NO one was pleasant.

Ben was the one when we first arrived at 11/24/11 4:30 am -- very unpleasant
Taylor was the next morning 11/25/11 6/7am -- very unpleasant

I hope the manager who is reading this will do something about teaching the staff to be more pleasant, kind & more helpful.

by the way--the restrooms in the lobby, my husband said they were dirty. Napkins all over the floor

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
We certainly could not have been more disappointed than to learn of your impression of our hotel, staff and accommodations. We would have liked to have had the opportunity to address the points mentioned within your review during the time of your stay, when it would have mattered most , but moreover given you our typical best service possible in the first place. Your comments are very important and you can count on them being shared with our front desk and Valet team so that we can stress the importance of our guest relations. I truly apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback.