I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for the Battlestar Galactica Convention 2007, which was being held at the hotel's attached convention center. I brought two guests. While this hotel has
a few problems, I'm rating it a 5.0 for the absolutely fantastic service I received.
I initially made my reservation for a suite at the Convention rate (half of the usual rate) several months prior to the trip. This reservation requested two double beds. A couple months later, I had to change the reservation to one king bed, same suite room, same rate,
even though the convention rooms had been sold out. Specifically, they
still honored my original convention rate for the suite, no question.
Just prior to the trip, I got sick. Very sick. However, as my two guests were pumped to go, and most of what I had been spent was non-refundable, I still made the trip. I owe this hotel a great deal for their actions while I was there. First, we arrived and got our room within 5 minutes, no problems, exactly what I had reserved. My third guest was sleeping on the fold-out couch bed, which was lacking sheets. A call to the front desk resulted in someone at our door in less than 10 minutes, with sheets, extra pillows, a comforter, extra towels, and extra robes, just for kicks. Room service was impeccable every time we ordered, normally arriving within 45 minutes and very professional.
The first morning we were there, we decided I needed to get some medication badly for my illness. The hotel recommended a local pharmacy a mile away and we walked there, only to find it closed and out of business. Upon returning to the hotel, we called the front desk
with this problem, and within 10 minutes, security was at the door to our room, and escorted my guests to a shuttle provided by the hotel, which took them to another pharmacy several miles away, waited for them, and helped them carry the supplies back to the room. They never questioned this nor did they charge for it.
At one point, my guests decided I needed chicken noodle soup. They went to the attached restaurant and asked about it, the restaurant was
generally concerned for my well-being and said they'd have it the next
day as a special, for now they had Lobster Bisque, as much as I needed, any special requests they would honor as soon as possible as quickly as possible.
Several times during our stay, the front desk called only to ask how I was doing, and if I needed anything delivered to the room, if there was anything else they could do for me. I was very comforted by this,
and very, very impressed that they were so attentive. In the end, as I said, I remained very sick for the duration of the trip. Without getting too specific, one night my nose started bleeding while I slept. The sight was not pretty in the morning, and the pillowcases
/sheets were probably ruined. I have never heard any complaints from the hotel, nor have I received any extra charges.
Yes, there are some concerns. I had no problem with the renovations that are still ongoing. The hotel specifically set aside a large
"quiet room" in the lobby area with free snacks and drinks for convention attendees. However, even without this room, I never heard any noise. The restaurant servers were a bit inattentive. The parking
price of $14.00 a day is pretty outrageous, luckily we didn't need the
parking. We did use the broadband (not wireless, just regular ethernet
broadband), which yes is an also outrageous $9.95 per 24 hours - per computer. Meaning if you have 3 people with laptops, it'll ask each one for $9.95, however the front desk said they would remove the extra
charges and did so. However, $30 for three days of wired internet is pretty crazy in this day and age.
However, these pricing issues aside (it is southern California after all), the hotel staff was basically perfect, and they get a 5.0 rating
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Receive movie star treatment at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport. Our 50,000 square feet of deluxe meeting facilities, 22 breakout rooms, four VIP boardrooms and convenient services make us a premier conference center in the city. Professionals and vacationers alike will appreciate meals at the Daily Grill in addition to our full-service business center, Media Lounge, valet parking and free shuttle to the Burbank Bob Hope Airport (BUR). Our Burbank hotel also has a state-of-the-art fitness center, two outdoor pools and shaded cabanas surrounding fire pits for a peaceful evening under the California stars. When it comes time to turn in, our two newly renovated California guest towers feature luxurious rooms with soft bedding for a sound night's sleep. Some of Southern California's hottest attractions, including Warner Bros. Studios, Universal Studios and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, are within easy reach when staying at our luxurious Burbank hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel Burbank
- Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel
- Burbank Marriott