“Good choice near Burbank airport”

Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles Burbank Airport
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“Good choice near Burbank airport”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I don't have any complaints about the hotel except that there is only valet parking available, no self park. Slightly inconvenient, plus you have to tip. I don't mind tipping but my employer won't reimburse me. I'd rather park myself but I know the valets rely on tips. It is next to I5 and a busy street but was quiet anyway. My room faced the street. There was a fatal car accident at 2:00 am right outside my window but I slept through whatever noise there was. And I'm a light sleeper so it must be well sound proofed. Breakfast was decent, staff was very friendly. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Interstate 5. My co-worker said it was noisy on that side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Virginia, USA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our family enjoyed this hotel. The hotel met our quality expectations of a Hilton property, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great, as it always seems to be at Hampton.
The suite we reserved was huge, with two queen beds and a queen sofa. The hotel is extremely close to the freeway, but is well insulated from the highway noise, although it can still be heard. I'm very sensitive to noise when trying to sleep, but I turned the A/C fan on high and had no problem.
My understanding prior to arrival was that there was limited free parking at the hotel, but upon arrival discovered that all on-premise parking is paid valet parking. Not sure how I misunderstood this, since parking was one of my primary considerations when making reservations. However, street parking was plentiful, and we opted for that without any further issues.
Overall, a great stay and recommended. For maximum quiet, ask for a room away from the highway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SoCal
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel earns 5 stars, the staff and amenities are top notch for this class of hotel. I always get concerned when I drive up to a hotel and realize it is on on extremely busy highway. The hotel is relatively new and has sound proof windows. If the road seems noisy when you walk in your room, double check and make sure both the inside and outside window are fully closed. My room was nearly silent once I closed the windows properly. The valet is prompt and convenient, I received a reduced rate as an Hilton Honors member. The hotel is very convenient to Burbank airport and the shuttle seemed to be running continuously. The lobby is very large and a nice meeting place if you are with coworkers or friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Really nice! Clean, comfy beds, nice bathroom and convenient to Burbank airport and Los Angeles.
Staff was very friendly especially the front desk. Easy check-in. Pool area is very nice
but had a lot of traffic noise. Complimentary breakfast was okay. Valentine's Day bag of candy was a nice touch. And chocolate chip cookies were delicious.
I give it 5 stars and an A+.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Every hotel employee we encountered was courteous and helpful. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast area was large and the food very good. I give this hotel an A plus. If you really want to avoid the parking charge, you must park on the other side of a busy street. Although this didn't bother me, it could be a negative for some people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
hood river
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was a very clean and handy hotel within 5 minutes of the airport. Staff very helpful. Cookies were good. Breakfast good. The room was nice. The wi-fi code was on your key. TV stations available listed. Express checkout went smoothly. Valet parking was $7.50. Parking was easy and quick. I would highly recommend this hotel for travel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Fast check in and staff was very friendly at all times. Rooms are very comfortable and felt very at home even though I was away from home. It was very convenient that they are so closely located to the airport and the freeway. And you can't beat being greeted with a warm baked cookie! The only thing I would say comes a bit short is the complimentary breakfast hot items. Everything else is wonderful!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business