“Typical Hampton property, nice and understated”

Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles Burbank Airport
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fremont, California
“Typical Hampton property, nice and understated”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here for just one nght on a quick trip to LA. Front desk was excellent, Morning shuttle service to the airport was convenient and readily available. Breakfast was adequate andhad enough variety. Room was large and clean. Typical Hampton efficiency. No surprises. Definitely coming back here again.

Room Tip: Valet parking only but you can park on the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just 7 quick miles from Universal Studios and close drive to MGM. Staff was outstanding as were the accomodations. We had a 2 bedroom queen suite on the freeway side and the highway traffic was not at all disturbing due to well insulated windows. Free Continental breakfast was good food and area well kept. Kudos to front desk staff Michael Vaughn who once again proved to us Hampton is the place to stay! Just a quick walk down the street to great " Hill Street Cafe" Only objection was the $15 a night parking, but in California proper I guess it is to be expected.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kingston, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly and accommodating. We arrived early, but were checked in immediately. The room was very clean, which I've come to expect from Hampton Inns. The breakfast was good. Enjoyed the tortilla chips and salsa that were in the lobby in the evening as well as the nice cold water with fruit in it.

The valet parking is a bit pricey, but you can park on the street if you want to avoid the charge, which is what I would probably do if we ever stayed there again. Overall a pleasant experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We were for 4 nights.
Rooms are spacious, very clean and comfortable. Staff very nice and helpfull. Washing machine CBS dryer are available for fair cost. Very close to shopping center with plenty of shops. Parking is possible wither by valet or free on the near by available public
Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Azeme
2love2hike
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was here recently for business. I arrived late, about 10pm. I was on the airport shuttle with the flight crew. This Hampton is about 5-12 minutes away. It's an older property. The desk clerk was polite and although he handed me the registration form for someone with my same first name in the beginning, he did let me know I had been upgraded. I am a diamond member. I was upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite on the second floor. The room was a very odd shape. It felt backwards for furnishing. TV not head on in bed or couch. Bed right next to one of the windows with the drapes touching, even though the room was quite large. The carpet, loveseat and chair were tired looking. All was very clean. BEST THING? Totally QUIET. I had two large windows, one faced the freeway that isn't that far away. There was no noise. DEAD QUIET. I was very pleased with that. The bed was quite comfortable and air conditioning nice and cold.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Yuma
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with 4 friends after attending the Ellen DeGeneres show. We checked in after midnight and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was nice, spacious and clean. The free breakfast was wonderful, offering eggs with steak, sausage, tortillas, salsa, delicious potatoes, as well as make your own waffles, breads, muffins and crumb bread. They also had fruit, cereal, juice, milk, coffee and hot water with a variety of tea and hot chocolate you can make. Very spacious breakfast area that was well kept.

The only parking option is valet. Which is certainly convenient, but I'm a bit cheap so I don't like having to pay for parking when I'm capable of parking my own car. But the valet guys were are very nice, prompt and helpful.

We didn't use the pool or any other services. It was a brief stay.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelingIsFun01
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This location is expensive compared to other Hampton Inns I have stayed at using my AAA Premiere. I am a Hilton Honors member and booked a room at this Burbank Hampton Inn.

We checked in in the evening and therefore got one of the bad rooms described in other reviews here...

First, we were in room 420 which is right on the I-5 Freeway. The room was humid and musty when we arrived probably because the air conditioner was off. At least that is what we thought upon arrival.

The air conditioning unit did not work properly and turned on and off all night long literally every 5-10 minutes. The problem was the thermostat and unit were not in sync.

The room never went below 80 degrees although the thermostat was set to 68 degrees. With the unit turning on an off all night we hear ALL of the freeway noise throughout the night. In addition the Queen beds in room 420 are terrible and should be replaced.

The beds were extremely firm and I could feel springs in my back when turning throughout the night. This did not sit well with me considering I paid over $150 for a one night stay.

I have stayed at Hampton Inn in San Fransisco, San Diego, Paso Robles, Los Angeles, Phoenix etc and this was the most expensive and lowest quality Hampton Inn that I have stayed at.

I also was disappointed like others with the valet parking fee which I was not told about prior to check in and luckily they waived. I tip well and maybe that is why they waived it when we check in late.

The room cleanliness was not up to par with other Hampton Inns I have stayed at and the bathroom was small like the room size...

For two people with luggage, laptops, camera equipment etc... this room was probably only 250 square feet and cramped.

I am sorry to report that this location has numerous issues with proximity to the freeway, rooms in need of renovation and exhorbitant parking fees.

We were also charged for a bag of pretzels we didnt take after checkout so the bill was close to $160 for an uncomfortable room with poor air conditioner, old queen mattresses, and a humidity problem.

After reporting these issues at the front desk when turning in the room keys, I was told by a female clerk "sorry" and offered no credit or "100% satisfaction guarantee" as promised by Hampton Inns website.

I thought a refund or future credit was in order and have subsequently filled out a exit survey with the company and will be following that with a telephone complaint.

I am staying with my employees at another Hampton Inn in San Diego next week for a convention and this time will make sure my room is right before accepting it...

Always check the location of your room and request a room away from freeways, elevators, staircases pool etc...

And I would definitely take a closer look at the negative reviews here and carefully weigh your decision on this property before booking.

I am sure there are some better rooms but this hotel in my opinion has not brought all of their rooms up to an acceptable level and the fact that they offered me no help at checkout and charged me for an item i didnt take added insult....

Lesson learned. Check the reviews and inspect the room ac and humidity before staying at the Burbank location.

Room Tip: dont take a room facing the I-5 freeway
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank empowermentor1
BRBNK_Hampton_Suites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I noticed that you have stayed with several other Hampton Inn's and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to Hilton Hotels. I am truly sorry that our staff was unable to resolve your concerns during your stay and prior to checking out. We take great pride in the cleanliness and condition of our hotel and guest rooms, especially in regards to the quality of our beds and the freshness of the room. I am aware of the concern you faced with our PTAC unit and have been working diligently to make the necessary repairs. Not only is our hotel four years new but all guest rooms facing the I-5 freeway are equipped with triple-paned windows to cancel out the noise from outside. I empathize with your frustration towards our valet parking fee's however this service was implemented due to the property's ability to accomodate for guest parking on-site.

Please accept my sincere apology in regards to your unsatisfactory experience with us here in Burbank and allow us the opportunity to earn back your loyalty. Please contact me with your HHonors or confirmation number for further assistance in regards to the billing error. Thank you again for your review and loyalty to Hampton hotels--- We love having you here!