“Some issues, but all resolved quickly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles Burbank Airport
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
Roseville, Ca
“Some issues, but all resolved quickly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I look at many of the reviews that have posted previously with this property and several are spot on. Yes, it is very close to I-5, which sucks. It is wedge onto a small piece of property next to a busy street as well. Valet has always bothered me, just to the convenience factor alone. I don't like waiting and you do most of the time. I like to come and go as I please.
A majority of the rooms are basic and not super big. I am more used to Residence Inn or Embassy Suites. I was looking at the room map behind the door and it looks like maybe 5 or 6 rooms per floor (and there are 4 floors) that might be over sized. Half the rooms are going to face I-5.
I did not have an issue with room cleanliness, they were nice and spiffy. They actually use a two housekeeper method. Two house keepers clean your room. I am not sure if one was training, but each day there were two working together, that was unique.
I always try and leave a tip, I couldn't handle their job.
When first arrived, the air conditioner was not working, it was a window model, maintenance arrived quickly and repairs were made. I waited to unpack until after it it was fixed just to be sure.
Went to Trader Joes for goodies and returned and look, now the refrigerator was broken. Here comes Mr. Maintenance man again, as my goodies got warm! This time, it took longer and they eventually replaced the thing.
The hotel lobby is actually very inviting and comfortable, breakfast wasn't too bad at all. There seemed to be plenty of seating. A nice selection of hot food and waffles as well. The coffee was grand! I did not have a freeway side room, but Glenoaks is busy too, so I could hear cars, even with window closed. Bathroom was ok, with a nice granite counter top and sink.
I have actually cancelled this property several times, but finally took the chance. Not sure if I will stay here often, but I was not as disappointed as I thought I might be. Give it a shot!

Room Tip: Avoid freeway side
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingMan5989

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

First room 314 ants all over the place
Second room 315 ants and flies in the sink
3rd room no ants seen but had dead bugs on top of the bed (like the room was spayed)
It was after midnight and on our third room by that point
So it had to do :(

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Richstief
Portland, OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I read the reviews and took a risk staying here. I was visiting on business and several of us were staying here due to the close proximity of our customer. The pros to this place is that is is close to the freeway but that was also a con because it was excessive. The noise from the semis was a bit bothersome because it goes all night. If freeway noise bothers you don't stay here. The AC in the room helps drown it out but the minute it shuts off -- too much. My check in was efficient and the Valet was fine but as a Diamond member I was really disappointed with the quality of this hotel. The lobby area is fine, clean with fresh cookies-- no issues but my room was blah. No free water and two bottles is usually standard. I ended up having to buy it. I reserved a king room and was given two queens. Not a huge deal but they gave me a handicap/disability room. This would have been fine if i could have adequately taken a shower. There was loose parts holding the rail on in the shower. I carry a small package of Clorox wipes and needed them especially in the bathroom. There was hair in the toilet, a child's hair band on the floor, more hair and most horrifying a blood spot on the grout and on a small section of the tub and a giant red stain on the counter that looked like a drink had spilled and stained. NOT GOOD. The black out shades had a dirt stain on them-- not small but really large. Since I do stay in a lot of Hilton's this was actually one of the worst ones. This hotel has poor insulation as well. I was on the 3rd floor (there are 4) and I could hear the people above me, on the side of me and pretty much everywhere. Most annoying was the noise from the room next door. I did have a connecting door and you could hear everything on the other side! Ive had many connecting doors before with no issues. Hallway noise was louder than average as well. The price of my room before taxes was $160.00. This isn't worth it in my opinion. I did not bother with the breakfast or the Internet so no feedback there.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Lady_Nafziger
anchorage
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

The room was clean, nice sized and had refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, sink and large mirror outside the bathroom.

We liked the breakfast buffet included with our room. Plenty of variety with eggs, bagels, sausage, bacon, cold and hot cereals and waffles.

The staff here is the best I have ever encountered anywhere. All of them: The front desk clerks, the young ladies in the dining room during breakfast, the valet parking guys and the maintenance men. Everyone was very friendly and courteous.

If you don't have a car the location isn't great. There is one diner within walking distance but we never tried it. We had a rental car and drove to downtown to eat.

Parking is $15/day. But you can park on the street around the hotel for free.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank javaspice
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on June 26th. There is nothing around the hotel to walk to, but it was a convenient drive to Universal Studios and Universal City Walk. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. However, the air conditioner was EXTREMELY loud and could not be adjusted easily. We ended up parking on the street to avoid the $15 valet charge. Breakfast was basic, but fine. I probably won't stay there again because for close to $200 per night, I would think the neighborhood would be nicer and the parking would be free.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Soccermom916
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed here recently for 2 days for a work trip. I didn't rent a car as the reviews said there was a crap shoot for parking. It is all valet parking now (fairly reasonable considering it's California). The hotel shuttle runs a needed to & from the airport. I took a taxi up to Glendale (about $40 with tip each way) & worth every penny not to deal with trying to drive in unfamiliar traffic. The staff went out of there way to help me when the first taxi (& 2nd) didn't show. They took me to the airport to grab a taxi from there which was actually easier. The breakfast was plentiful & milk & cookies in the evening. Extremely clean && spacious hotel. Hill street diner is a block from the hotel with great food & servuce. Everyone at this hotel is friendly, kind, gracious, & more. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone. The internet was free & ran great, my room was EXTREMELY clean.

Room Tip: Upgrade to one of the larger suits for more room, it's worth it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DannieM72
Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We frequently stay at Hampton Inns and seldom encounter problems, but here we did. It's odd because the staff was exceptionally gracious.

We've stayed here twice. This time there was a mandatory valet parking for which later we discovered we had a $15 fee tacked onto our bill. Then there were tips. If it was really a service it might have been OK, but it was more time consuming and annoying than helpful. Not the fault of the valets though who were courteous.

Once again we got assigned a room on the freeway side which means that 30 yards from your window is one of the busiest highways in the state. Ugly to look at and even the three pane glass cannot stifle the noise. The room appeared clean, but there were still candy wrappers on the floor from previous guests. The next morning the toilet would not flush. We called and two staffers, as polite as they could possibly be, arrived quickly and took care of it. Down the hall the Coke machine had a big "out of order" sign on it. We arrived at breakfast at 7:35 to find only potatoes in the warm food server and mentioned this to the young woman in the kitchen who said she would get some out. At 8:10 she emerged with six western omelets with more than ten people waiting. No more appeared for 15 more minutes. Is this an inefficient staffer or has she been instructed to slow down the service of more expensive items during this peak time so as to save some pennies? Perhaps it's the same upper management saving money on repairs and adding that valet parking hold-up.

Like other reviewers we found the notes throughout the motel about how the sheets are cleaned for each guest odd. Others reviewers make good points about the convenient location
and the reason we stayed is because of the closeness to the Village District in Burbank. But there are so many choices in Burbank and surrounding areas that we won't come back.

Room Tip: You will have to insist in advance on getting a front room to avoid being stuck in the back. Once y...
Stayed June 2012, traveled on business