Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Average”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Price was decent for what we got, nothing special though. The staff was friendly and the complimentary breakfest was a bonus. Yet, the location in downtown burbank makes it at least a thirty minute drive to downtown LA.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Leandro S
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
dear Leandro S.,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you shared about your recent stay with us. I am glad you found my staff to be friendly and that the complimentary breakfast is a bonus. We are located a little ways away from downtown LA. Perhaps I may recommend a closer Marriott hotel to downtown LA on a future visit. We are scheduled to have a renovation this fall that will spruce up our building. Come back after February 2015 and see all the improvements. Hope we have an opportunity to serve you again.

Michael J. Swaney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2014

when my family travels, we love staying at the Residence Inn since it is perfect for a family. Yet it's also perfect for business travelers as well.This hotel was so much more comfortable to me than glitzy 4 star hotels I have stayed at while working in LA. It feels private, and relaxed, definitely not a place that tries to be "cool and hip" and a place to be "seen." I had a large studio type living space, with everything I needed. I had coffee maker, microwave and free microwave popcorn, cook top, kitchen table and chairs, large couch and comfortable chair for reading, full size bridge, flat screen TV, even a dishwasher. A desk with lots of ports. High speed internet. super comfortable Marriott bed. Great natural lighting, too. Free breakfast in the morning and excellent exercise facility. There was also a really nice outside seating area, with comfy outside stuffed couches and chairs, a fire pit, and pool that had lovely landscaping. Free parking! I particularly appreciated the front desk -- great service, really. I asked for a later check out and received it free of charge. I asked for help securing a ride back to LAX and they set me up with a town car for the same price of a taxi (cray, it turned out to be a stretch limo with full bar). It is also in a terrific location, close to downtown Burbank.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank drdmromeo
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear drdmromeo,

Thank you for all the nice things you had to say about our hotel during your recent stay. I am glad the room was large enough and had everything you needed. Many of our guests love our breakfast and the fact that is included in the rate. We just updated our pool patio furniture so now it is even better for just sitting back and relaxing. Our team here is dedicated to making each guest feel like this is there home away from home. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

San Diego, California
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Location excellent, walk to downtown Burbank and restaurants. Hotel clean, really nice fully-equipped kitchen, good-sized bathroom (although no door between sink area and bed area, so if you go to bed later than your partner, the light may wake him). Nice hot breakfast selections but get there early (by 8) to avoid a wait, and you'll be eating with plastic plates and utensils. Friendly, efficient service. Living area furniture a bit shabby, but hotel due for renovation in fall, so is a non-issue. Bed and pillows super comfortable. Free wi-fi extremely slow! Covered parking $15/day. Small pool. Nice comfy courtyard. Very quiet with windows closed. Entrance a bit tricky, is through garage. Will return if can get better price.

Green Features: Breakfast served on plastic plates, cups, utensils. Not environmentally friendly.
1 Thank maryandhumphrey20
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear maryandhumphre,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the recent post you shared about your stay with us. I am glad that you liked our location and that it was close to downtown Burbank. I am also glad you enjoyed your room and liked the fact that it had a kitchen and comfortable beds. Our hot buffet breakfast is a guest favorite and is included in the rate. I will let my staff know that you liked how clean the hotel looked and that our service is friendly. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope we have an opportunity to see you again real soon.

Billings, Montana
Reviewed July 25, 2014

In the heart of downtown Burbank, there are restaurants to walk to everywhere, making this a great location. Breakfast was great, and the staff were very personable. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite as there are 5 of us and the 2 bathrooms were perfect. 10 minutes to Universal Studios and reasonably close to many other attractions. I would stay here again just for the room we had in the suite.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and never heard any street noise.
2 Thank Carol B
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Carol B.,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. Being located in the heart of downtown Burbank does make it convenient for our guest to walk to all the nearby restaurants and attractions. I am glad you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and that our room fit your needs. I will share your post with our team and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

temecula
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel was clean and would have been fine for one person, but I had my adult son and that is why I chose, for the privacy...but he had to travel thru my room to even get to the bathroom. So really its still a place for one person or a couple. I must admit to being picky but the bed smelled like bleach and was so hard...I didn't fall asleep until 2ish and had a meeting and needed to be out by 8:00. The air unit was old, so it went off and on all night which didn't help. The blessing was soft pillows, one crammed over my head. The breakfast was very good..eggs, potatoes, fruit, bagels, toast waffle maker etc...and lots of great cozy seating! the pool looked inviting and the fire pit by its side as well. So in closing, if you are picky and need a soft bed, and you want the privacy, maybe not the best choice but overall a clean but dated hotel.

Room Tip: The train runs by here, I enjoyed its loud sound, some might not.
Green Features: wondering why the sheets smelled so strongly of bleach?
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank iluvthecoast
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear iluvthecoast,

Thank you for the comments you shared about your recent stay with us. I appreciate the feedback and use it to gage what we are doing well and what we need to continue to work on so we can give the best possible experience to our guests. I will follow up with my staff on the smell of the sheets and the A/C issue. We may have to adjust the amount of bleach that is despensed in each load so it doesn't have a strong smell. I will have my engineers check the A/C unit to make sure it is working properly. I'm please you felt the breakfast was good and that the pool area looked inviting. We are scheduled for a renovation in the fall and come next February we will have a new looking hotel. I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again when you can stay with us longer and to be able to experience all we have to offer.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bed apartment for 4 nights, chosen primarily since there are very few apartment options in LA and we prefer this to having 2 hotel rooms. Apartment was perfect, really nothing to find fault about. Free breakfast was OK, although like other similar places, the plastic plates/cutlery and general mess aren't the most inviting, but plenty food/options to start the day. We used the pool on the last day and it was fine, albeit a bit on the small side. They also have BBQs by the pool which I saw 1 family use. The location was great for us since we spent 1 day at 6 flags Santa Clarita and then a couple of days in LA. Parking from memory was $15 per day, underground. I contacted them in advance to ask for an internal facing room looking into the courtyard due to some comments on TP re noise from the freeway, and whilst confirmed over the phone, when I arrived I got the brush-off about no internal facing 2 bed rooms available since most are external, and a weak promise that we could 'maybe' move tomorrow. So we ended up looking out over the freeway but to be honest the noise wasn't that bad, hardly noticable and in no way preventing a good nights sleep, so we just stayed put.

2 Thank brianr
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Brian R.,

I would like take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I appreciate the feedback and will share it with my team. I'm glad you had a nice stay and that the hotel and amentities lived up to your expectations. I know you would of liked to of had a room that didn't face the freeway and we try to honor our guests request but can't guarantee this due to demand in the hotel. I'm glad that the room you did stay in wasn't noisy even though it faced the freeway. The hotel triple paned the rooms on the freeway side when the hotel was built and they do filter out most of the noise. We also offer ear plugs for those who are light sleepers. I thank you again for your comments and we hope we have an opportunity to serve you again real soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2014

There are many positives about this hotel not least of which is that fact that you feel as though who are staying in a fully equipped apartment. Having a kitchen makes a huge difference when you're travelling with young ones as we were able to have cold drinks, snacks and even light meals at the ready. We were traveling with our two grandkids and they were so incredibly impressed with our room(s) and the fact that there was television n each room. As I mentioned in the title, our grandson decided that this was the best hotel ever and he would even consider living there permanently!
The hotel staff were very friendly and always accommodating and the facility was kept very clean. Breakfasts were very good with lots of choice although the orange juice machine was out of order every day of our stay. We wondered why they couldn't have had a decanter of OJ available for guests like other hotels do??
The kids really enjoyed the pool, but only once were there towels available. I asked the front desk about it and they said they were having trouble keeping up. They may need to get more towels.
The hotel is very conveniently located to downtown Burbank with its plethora of restaurants and shops. We were very pleased that we chose Residence Inn Burbank and would recommend it to anyone who is staying in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was away from the freeway and was very quiet.
1 Thank Kwazycanucks
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Kwazycanucks,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the kind words you had to say in regards to your recent stay with us.I am so glad that your grandson thought the room was fantastic and that he would consider living here permenantly. Our spacious rooms do give you the feel of an apartment and it makes it convenient when traveling with young ones when it comes to snacks and dinners due to our kitchens. I will let my staff know that you stated that they were friendly. We are conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Burbank which makes it ideal to walk to the nearby shops and restaurants. I again appreciate the time you spent to write about your stay and my staff and I look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again real soon.