New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Good family option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bed apartment for 4 nights, chosen primarily since there are very few apartment options in LA and we prefer this to having 2 hotel rooms. Apartment was perfect, really nothing to find fault about. Free breakfast was OK, although like other similar places, the plastic plates/cutlery and general mess aren't the most inviting, but plenty food/options to start the day. We used the pool on the last day and it was fine, albeit a bit on the small side. They also have BBQs by the pool which I saw 1 family use. The location was great for us since we spent 1 day at 6 flags Santa Clarita and then a couple of days in LA. Parking from memory was $15 per day, underground. I contacted them in advance to ask for an internal facing room looking into the courtyard due to some comments on TP re noise from the freeway, and whilst confirmed over the phone, when I arrived I got the brush-off about no internal facing 2 bed rooms available since most are external, and a weak promise that we could 'maybe' move tomorrow. So we ended up looking out over the freeway but to be honest the noise wasn't that bad, hardly noticable and in no way preventing a good nights sleep, so we just stayed put.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank brianr
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Brian R.,

I would like take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I appreciate the feedback and will share it with my team. I'm glad you had a nice stay and that the hotel and amentities lived up to your expectations. I know you would of liked to of had a room that didn't face the freeway and we try to honor our guests request but can't guarantee this due to demand in the hotel. I'm glad that the room you did stay in wasn't noisy even though it faced the freeway. The hotel triple paned the rooms on the freeway side when the hotel was built and they do filter out most of the noise. We also offer ear plugs for those who are light sleepers. I thank you again for your comments and we hope we have an opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Michael J. Swaney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

There are many positives about this hotel not least of which is that fact that you feel as though who are staying in a fully equipped apartment. Having a kitchen makes a huge difference when you're travelling with young ones as we were able to have cold drinks, snacks and even light meals at the ready. We were traveling with our two grandkids and they were so incredibly impressed with our room(s) and the fact that there was television n each room. As I mentioned in the title, our grandson decided that this was the best hotel ever and he would even consider living there permanently!
The hotel staff were very friendly and always accommodating and the facility was kept very clean. Breakfasts were very good with lots of choice although the orange juice machine was out of order every day of our stay. We wondered why they couldn't have had a decanter of OJ available for guests like other hotels do??
The kids really enjoyed the pool, but only once were there towels available. I asked the front desk about it and they said they were having trouble keeping up. They may need to get more towels.
The hotel is very conveniently located to downtown Burbank with its plethora of restaurants and shops. We were very pleased that we chose Residence Inn Burbank and would recommend it to anyone who is staying in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was away from the freeway and was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kwazycanucks
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Kwazycanucks,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the kind words you had to say in regards to your recent stay with us.I am so glad that your grandson thought the room was fantastic and that he would consider living here permenantly. Our spacious rooms do give you the feel of an apartment and it makes it convenient when traveling with young ones when it comes to snacks and dinners due to our kitchens. I will let my staff know that you stated that they were friendly. We are conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Burbank which makes it ideal to walk to the nearby shops and restaurants. I again appreciate the time you spent to write about your stay and my staff and I look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Sutter Creek, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed here one night and were impressed with how quiet the hotel was even though it is located right off the freeway. Lots of places to eat nearby and quick to get other places in LA as it is a quick exit on and off the freeway. I was surprised at the renovation announcement, as the lobby, hallways and even our room looked very good. Newer appliances and clean appearance made me wonder why the renovation? Small things like paint peeling under the mirror in the bathroom, but, nothing of great significance. The breakfast was excellent, albeit, not enough seating for all the people eating on a Sunday morning. One note is that the shower in our room was set up in a manner in which you could not turn the shower on without getting wet...or hit with cold/hot water. Hope they fix that....but, we will be back.

Room Tip: We had a mountain view room on the 4th floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank RLRaceGirl
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear RLRace Girl,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent post about your stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. Although we are near the freeway they triple pained the windows on the freeway side to help absorb the sound when they built the hotel. They are also going to build a sound wall after the expansion of the off ramp is completed to help deflect the sound. We are in the heart of downtown Burbank just a short walk away from shops, restaurants, ect.... Our free buffet breakfast is guest favorite and I'm glad you had an opportunity to experience it. I appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience and we look forward to serving you again soon.

indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed June 18-21 in a 2 bd/2ba suite, first time at this hotel. I loved the covered parking on the the same level as registration, felt safe, and very convenient off the freeway. Staff friendly, called me by name as I left for the day. Rooms clean, modern, roomy. Area has plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank indytraveler1
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Indytraveler1,

I wanted to take this opportunityt to say thank you for all the nice things you had to say about your recent stay with us. We are conveniantly located in the the heart of downtown Burbank within walking distance of many restaurants, shopping stores and much more. I am pleased that you liked our underground parking and that it made you feel safe. Our rooms are clean, modern and roomy which enhances our guests experience. I will let my staff know that you felt they were friendly and that they remembered to call you by your name. We look forward to the next time we have an opportunity to serve you.

With Appreciation.

Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Residence Inn is a very nice hotel that is conveniently located walking distance to S. San Fernando Blvd., the main street in downtown Burbank which is full of restaurants, shops, and entertainment. I had never stayed in Burbank before, but was very pleasantly surprised to find that the downtown area is alive and vibrant with a ton of things to do. The hotel is very nicely maintained and the staff is very friendly. Yes, there are indications that the furnishings and carpeting is starting to show its age, but there was a sign in front saying that the hotel will be renovated in a few months, which will make it even better.

The free breakfast buffet in the morning was very good, especially waffles which you can may fresh yourself. They also had nice scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, fresh fruit, muffins, etc. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and even remembered my name whenever I walked by or asked any questions. That is service! The only negative comment I have is that the housecleaning staff did not do a good job vacuuming our room--we found debris on the carpet which indicated they either didn't vacuum after our first night, or did an incomplete job. Other than that, I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Calartist
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Calartist,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the nice things you had to say about your recent stay with us. I am glad you felt the property was conveniently located to downdown Burbank. It also pleased me that you stated that the hotel was well maintained,had a friendly staff,the free breakfast was good,and that the my Front Desk staff stood out due to thier friedliness and being able to remember your name when they addressed you. I will share this posting with my staff and we look forward to serving you again real soon.

Buckeye, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here a couple of nights whil in LA on a business trip! The facilities are immaculate! The rooms are excellent. We love Residence Inns and this one of the best ones we have stayed in.

The complimentary breakfast is better than average.

There are a lot of restaurants in downtown Burbank within safe walking distance!

Room Tip: I always recommend higher floors
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Richard F
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Richard F.,

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for the recent post about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you found the hotel immaculate and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Thank you for chosing our hotel for your accommodations. I will share your thoughts with my team and we look forward to the next opportunity we have to serve you.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was in town for a short stay for business and brought my dog. The location was perfect to it's proxmity to stores, shops, malls, the theater, restaurants and highways. Even my dog had a great stay. This location as with other Resident Inn's, are accommodating to dogs and there are plenty of streets in this great neighborhood to walk your dog.

Checking in was easy, the staff is very friendly and my room was very modern, clean, and with great amenities. There is also parking on location and though I had a deal for free parking, guests do have to pay for parking at this location.

I would stay here again, but with a parking deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Pamela R
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Pamela R.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found our location to be in close proximity to all your needs. I am also glad even your dog had a great stay. Thanks for acknowledging my staff as being friendly and pointing out that your room was modern and clean. I appreciate you taking the time to post this and I will share this with my team.