“Perfect Accomodations and Top Rate Service from Staff”

Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Burbank, California
“Perfect Accomodations and Top Rate Service from Staff”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We needed to bring in our immediate family for an extended stay and this place was perfect for that purpose. We had both a One and Two Bedroom Suite and it was Home to our Family for a little longer than two weeks. Very clean and nicely equipped; full kitchen, private rooms in the two BR suite. However, it was the staff the really made the stay so pleasant. Joseph runs a top notch staff, including Zach, Christian and Justin, who were welcoming and met our needs well. When a stay is for as long as ours was there is opportunity for something adverse to come up, but each day was good as the first. Many compliments and thanks.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank David B
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear David B.,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I am glad that the room met your expectations and that my front desk staff was firendly, professional and helpful. I will share your thoughts with my team and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Michael J. Swaney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
San Francisco
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is a relatively new property right on the freeway. The rooms are very comfortable with the usual Residence Inn amenities. My room was on the second floor and faced a courtyard. The caveat for the four stars is threefold. One, is that they charge $15.00 for parking which while not a lot is unusual for most Residence Inn's I have stayed at. Two, even though my room was away from the freeway I still heard the freeway and three at 6:45 a.m. a loud train whistle sounded as a train rumbled by. I had not heard the train before 6:45 a.m., so I don't know if their was an earlier one.

On a positive note, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. One other note, it has a small outdoor pool, but not a hot tub.

Cheers.

Marius

Room Tip: As far from the freeway as possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Marius40
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Marius,

I would like to thank you for the comments you posted recently about your stay with us. I am happy you were pleased with your accomodations and you felt my staff was friendly and accommodating.I will share your message with my staff and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

NY,NY
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just got back from an eleven night stay at this property. Went with my family for a vacation. Front desk staff welcoming and accommodating. Kudos to Joseph and Jose who really know what customer service is. At this property , they really do try to help. The manager, himself, came out to clarify issues that we had about kosher items at breakfast. For any other people that care about kosher food, this hotel is less than two miles from a Chabad synagogue and about a ten minute drive from kosher food. I had no real problem with noise, although being a New Yorker, noise does not tend to bother me. They were very accommodating about meeting my request for a room about from I-5. The room was always kept clean. I was quite pleasantly surprised, considering some of the reviews about this hotel. I would definitely go back. They are quite convenient to Universal, Warner Brothers, Jay Leno and a 45 minute drive down 5 to Disney. They are right off the I 5 freeway, as well as close to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains , on a high floor. Great view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RNMOM
Dear RNMOM,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the recent post about your stay at our hotel. I am happy you felt accommodated and will pass the kudos on to Joseph and Jose. I will also tell my housekeepers that you were impressed with them keeping your room clean. We are located in the heart of downtown Burbank and I am glad you felt our location was convenient to many nearby attractions. I will share your comments with my team and we look forward to serving you again real soon.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed here in early January for about a week as we were visiting family in LA. Loved this hotel and will stay here again, next time we are in California.

Great room, a little different from typical Residence as this hotel is a high rise. But you still have a kitchenette, so you can have meals in room if you want. But they also have an awesome free breakfast in the morning, but get their earlier to get all the best stuff.

We also used the fitness area. It's small, but there are a couple of treadmills, a bike and a weight machine on the second floor. They also have a great outside pool on the second floor.

The location is very convenient, close to all major roadways, and the city center is easy walking distance. We walked to many local restaurants and my wife went shopping, all within easy reach of hotel.

They have underground parking (as well as outside), which is also where you check-in. We used the underground parking because it was so convenient, especially packing and unpacking the car.

The staff was great and very friendly. We are so happy we decided to stay here as it was closer to our family than other places we had tried. In fact when you pull out of the garage you can go left or right directly onto I-5!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donald M
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Donald M.,

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your recent post about your stay with us. I am happy that the room and the amentities we offer work out well for you. I am also glad that our location in the heart of Downtown Burbank was a convenient walk to all our nearby attractions. I will let my staff know that the service lived up to your expectations and I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for a week in January. It was part business and part leisure. The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Burbank with easy walking to San Fernando Blvd with a ton of restaurant options. The mall is just a bit further down, but still a nice walk. Also, there is Target, Best Buy, and other restaurants within a short drive.

The hotel room is clean, nicely furnished and equipped for the long term traveler and worked well for us traveling with a toddler. The kitchen is well equipped and they will even go grocery shopping for you! It's nice to stay at a hotel that actually has proper black out curtains, which make the room very dark during the day so my son could nap! Breakfast is included each morning and was changed up slightly each day. Three days a week, the hotel offers a reception with snacks and drinks.

As others have mentioned, the hotel is right on Hwy 5. If possible, ask for an interior room. I can only imagine that the outer rooms will hear the traffic. If you are concerned with the noise, either bring earplugs or a sound machine in case you cannot get a different room. However, others in our party that did have an outer room said they did not hear the traffic. We did hear a train a few times, but it stopped by 9pm.

The staff was courteous and very helpful with all our questions. The only negative issue I had was the door to the bathroom did not block out any sounds. Which could be, ummm, disruptive.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank kasens
Dear Kasens,

Thank you for your post about your recent stay with us. I'm happy that our location was convenient and that my staff was courteous. I'm glad the room worked out for you and that the furnishings and kitchen area were a plus. I will share your comments with my staff and we look forward to serving you again real soon.

Michael J.Swaney
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

The best room design I have seen in a while. Very functional, clean and relaxing. A great flow. Excellent light. Nice kitchen area. You realize how space can be utilized. Easy access to I-5 and great sound insulation. Local restaurants are close. Don Cuco's has some of the best Mexican ever.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tedwards2
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear tedwards 2,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent post about your stay at our hotel. I am happy that the room design met your needs and that being close to the I - 5 freeway was an added plus.We are located in the heart of Downtown Burbank within walking distance to many restaurants. Don Cuco's is a frequently requested restaurant for Mexican food. I'm glad you were not disappointed. I will share your comments with my team and we hope we have the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here weekly for about 7 months and they were fantastic. The staff was extremely friendly and they are always very accommodating. There is construction going on the hwy that they are right off of, so be prepared for that. It didn't bother me at all and I am actually pretty sensitive to that stuff, however everyone is different so just keep it in mind. It is a fairly new property so everything is contemporary and up to date. It is walking distance and so close to Downtown Burbank that you will never question what to eat. Downtown Burbank is full of restaurants and shops that it is truly a hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are generally quieter during the week.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nadiya R
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Nadiya R.,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent post about your stay with us. I am happy that the hotel and nearby Burbank area met your traveling needs. Thank you for choosing our Residence Inn for your accomodations. I will share your comments with my team. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again real soon.