“Great Location to Bars and Restaurants”

Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Burbank and we'd stay there again. Full breakfast is included and there was a wide selection. Complimentary WiFi in our spacious studio room with kitchenette, full fridge, granite counters, desk, living room and king bed. We walked to dinner and the movies, it was very convenient not only for walking, but also driving.

Room Tip: If a view is important to you, be sure to ask as we had no view, our window was facing another build...
1  Thank Frequent_Traveler33
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Frequent_Traveler,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you shared on your recent post. We are located in the heart of Downtown Burbank which is just a short walk away from the hotel and on top of many things to experience in the area. I'm glad you had a great stay and that our location met your needs. I will share your comments with my team and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

At check in, all was good and was extremely fast. Upon getting to the room I was happy with the size and the cleanliness. This is where the good ended. My room faced the I-5 freeway. The noise from the freeway was unbearable. I went to reception and asked for another room. Apparently the type of room I booked was unavailable on the non freeway side. I asked if they had any other rooms available and I was told they did, but it was over $150 more. I asked for a free upgrade as i was not made aware of the freeway on the front door step and I was told they would comp the parking. I said thanks but no thanks and booked another hotel. I am confused how a hotel would rather loose a customer and $249 rather than give me a bigger room that would go empty anyways. Clean hotel, horrible location and makes bad business decisions.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Brabus73
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Brabus 73,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the recent post you had about your experience at our hotel. Your comments will help us understand the challenges our guest and associates have and to learn and grow from these so that we can provide the best posssible service. We do have a challenge with our hotel being so close to the I-5 freeway. The windows on that side of the hotel were triple paned when the hotel was built to help with the noise. The California Highway Transportation Department is in the process of building a sound wall to absorb the noise. You may have noticed the construction while you were briefly here. I will follow up with the associate who check you in in regards to upgrading you to a different room type. In your case rooms were available and the normal practice for us is to upgrade guests. I agree that the decision the associate made was not in the best interest of you our guest and I will use this information to retrain our staff and reassure them that they are empowered to make decisions to satisfy our guests. I understand that this was not a good experience for you but we do have a nice hotel and a staff that has maintained high scores for service. I'm hoping you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very clean hotel conveniently located off route 5 in Burbank. The employees at the front desk were all very accommodating and professional. Full breakfast is offered daily with plenty to choose from. Hotel is located just a few blocks from a variety of restaurants and within a 15 minute drive to Hollywood and Highland, Universal Studios and Warner Brothers. Ten minutes to Burbank airport. Interior is nicely decorated and clean. Bed is very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room facing 1st street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Lynn Z.,

Thank you so much for your recent posting about your stay at our hotel. I am glad you had a great experience and you would stay with us again in the future. We do pride ourselves in having a clean hotel for our guests to stay at along with professional service that makes you feel like you are valued. We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown Burbank and close to the attrations at Universal Studios which makes us a desired location. I appreciate your comments and I will share them with my team. We look forward to having the opportunity yo serve you again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel was the location of our business meeting. The food is better than the other Marriott (courtyard) in Burbank. It is walking distance to downtown Burbank shops, restaurants and movie theaters. It is right of the 5fwy but the noise is very minimal. The lobby is small and they say they charge for parking but for the several times I have been there, I haven't had to pay (though I stayed all day - not overnight).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MJBautista
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear MJBautista,

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for your recent post about your experience at our hotel. I'm glad that your business meeting was a success and that the food provided at your meeting was good. Our hotel is in the heart of downtown Burbank which makes it an ideal location for travelers to experience all that Burbank has to offer. I appreciate your comments and we look forward to the opprtunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family stayed in a studio room for one night. Sofa bed is uncomfortable and not pre-made (sheets in closet). Room looks very nice, but space is tight - I think would be much better for 1 or 2 people only. The bathroom sink light is right next to the bed so is unusable at night without waking everyone. Also, the A/C unit blows right on the king size bed and the thermostat is across the room, so it was either too warm or too cold all night, though the mattress was comfy. Lots of outlets next to the beds for charging phones!
Decent breakfast in the morning. Parking is $15.
Note - would have preferred a 1 room unit, but used points for this room and the hotel will only provide a studio room and wouldn't allow paying for the difference to upgrade :(

1  Thank SkokieTraveller
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Skokie Traveller,

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I noted your comments about the sofa bed and A/C unit to follow up with my owners so that they are aware of your concerns. We do schedule renovations and this information is valuable when it comes to making changes to fit the needs of our guests. I'm glad besides these 2 observations your stay was a good experience. We look forward to having thre opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I were visiting our daughter who lives in Studio City, so we chose the Residence Inn in Burbank as our home base. My husband had stayed there before when he helped our daughter move into her apartment and they had a nice meal at one of the restaurants within walking distance.
On our recent visit, we found the hotel staff very friendly and our studio room was very comfortable with curtains to draw that kept the room dark for sleeping. The small kitchen had a good sized refrigerator and a coffeemaker, stove, etc. It was an easy trip to Studio City (considering CA highways) and we would definitely stay there again. The hotel has parking in a ground floor covered garage that is just outside the entrance that was convenient and safe.
We did not visit the pool, but multiple times I looked out at the (outside) pool and it seemed clean and inviting. The free breakfast was typical Residence Inn, which means a decent breakfast with tons of choices. Certainly better than some other hotel free breakfasts we have encountered over the years. I hope to be back in CA visiting our daughter again and it is the first hotel we will call.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear MrsStapes,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for all the wonderful things you posted about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad our location worked out for you when visiting your daughter. I am also glad that our spacious rooms equipped with a kitchen made your stay more comfortable. Complimentary breakfast and a safe place to park are one of many amentities we offer to make our guests feel like this is their home away from home.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed 3 nights on vacation. Hotel is in nice, safe area, with lots of restaurants within about 1/3 mile walking distance (a couple much closer). We left at about 8:30AM on a weekday and drove to the parking garage at Hollywood & Highland with little trouble, without having to get on the freeways. Not the best location for visiting the beach areas - kind of a long drive, & freeways seem to be a mess all day long - but we went to Venice beach, and made it back okay (we got back to the hotel about 4 PM - before the worst traffic).

Hotel looks fairly new. Typical Residence Inn: good breakfast, helpful staff, no surprises. We were in courtyard side room & didn't hear traffic noise. Would probably stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jay083
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Jay083,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I am glad our hotel met your needs and you enjoyed the surrounding Burbank area. I appreciate you choosing us for your accommodations and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again real soon.