Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown
$120
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
$128
Portofino Inn Burbank(Burbank)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotels.com
Coast Anabelle Hotel(Burbank)
$234
$189
Travelocity
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suiteblack anguswithin walking distanceuniversal studiossan fernando blvdcovered parkinglong stayunderground parkingthe hotel offersthe sofa bedliving areasmall kitchenthe breakfast areafront desk staffvery nice hotelper night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2008

This is my first time to stay in the Burbank area of LA. I thought Burbank was a nice centrally located place in LA that is somewhat close to the places I wanted/needed to go for this trip.

This hotel is conveniently located, literally just off the I-5 freeway and just a couple of city blocks south of the Burbank Mall. The negative about this location is the noise you can hear from the freeway and also sometimes from the occasional train that passes by. Noise from the garbage, utility trucks on 1st Street can also be easily heard through the window (3rd Floor). I wished the room was better insulated that it was. I also have some more noise comments later.

This hotel is practically brand new (Google earth search actually shows the location as a vacant lot!). We were a party of 5 so we opted for a 2 BR suite. One BR had a king bed and the 2nd BR a queen, each one with its own bathroom. Our suite came with a complete kitchen typical of all Residence Inns, a dinette and a living area. There were 3 flat screen TVs, one in the living area and one in each BR.

Parking is convenient, right underneath the building and some on the back side of the property. Parking is rather pricey at $15 per day, but try to see if you can have the fee waived which I did. There is a very tiny outdoor pool in the courtyard, appears to be good enough for kids and adults to soak in, but certainly not big enough for laps. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles and more, fairly decent but it got boring since it was the same everyday we were there.

The staff was very nice, helpful, patient and friendly considering that I had to deal with them quite a bit in trying to get my lost bag delivered to the hotel.

One thing I disliked about this hotel is the AC system in our suite. Note that this comment may be unique to this particular one that we had and may not apply to all other suites. On the front corner of the main BR is the AC unit for the whole suite. When the AC kicks in, the noise is so bad that it will wake you up if you were not sleeping deeply. If you were watching TV, you have to literally have to turn up the volume to hear the sound. Aside from the noise, the airflow from the AC unit is also very strong which resulted in a fairly wide temperature swings. The rest of the suite was very quiet and comfortable. This is absolutely terrible and out of place for a very nice and new hotel.

Overall except for the noise issue we actually enjoyed our stay in this nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank jas32
Reviewed May 18, 2008

Very new hotel with a hip, fun, contemporary decor. The courtyard/pool area is nice and spacious, although the pool seemed too tiny for the space. Yes, there is a $15 parking fee, but this is the case with most hotels in LA (at least there is covered parking here, which is very nice in hot weather). Also, the Internet access is free, as well as the continental breakfast, which was pretty good. As other's have mentioned, the hotel is very close to the highway, which is great for access, however it can be loud. I requested a room facing the courtyard and this worked well. I stayed w/ my parents in a suite. We had plenty of room and the sofa pull out bed was actually comfortable! My parents also liked the hotel b/c every is so new and clean. We had a lovely stay and would visit again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2008

My 17 year old son and I stayed at this hotel from March 21st until March 24th. We wanted to stay at a hotel that was near both the NBC Studios and Universal Studios.

We stayed in a studio room with a king size bed. This is a new hotel that opened in October or November of 2007. The rooms were gorgeous. There was a flat screen HDTV in the room and very nice furniture. There is a small kitchen area in the room complete with pots, pans, plates, cups and utensils if you want to eat or cook in your room. You can really tell that this is a new hotel by the improved lighting and furnishings of older Residence Inns. The pool area was nice, but there is no hot tub and I thought that was a bit unusual for a new hotel.

Sam (who checked us in) was fantastic. He was friendly and efficient.

This hotel is in a good location, but it was right next to the freeway and it was noisy at night. I asked for an inside room, but that didn't help with the noise factor. You could hear trains every day as well, so this hotel was near the train tracks, too. If you are a light sleeper, this may not be a good hotel for you. Otherwise, this hotel was great.

2  Thank vickier