“Great place to stay for a night”

Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night and had a great experience. Although it cost money to park, the underground lot was safe and secure. My check-in experience was superb. The front desk was nice and made me feel special about being an elite member of the hotel chain. All my special requests were granted and the room was perfect and so quiet we could hear a pin drop the entire stay. We went for a swim in the evening and were the only ones in the pool, which was nice. Breakfast was good and hot and had a lot of variety. They had a highchair for us to use as well. We would definitely stay here again if we pass through Burbank.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DonnaMartinOriginals
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear DonnaMartinOriginals,

Thank you for the recent post about your stay with us. I'm glad our hotel met your needs. I will share your comments with my team and we hope we have the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you a OK with just a shower - then please disregard this review.
This hotel has less than 20% of the rooms with bath tubs.
Of these rooms most are freeway facing or adjacent.

I personally want a tub and expect one as a standard configuration in a hotel room.
Marriott apparently has decided that just a shower is OK, and that they don't need to warn guests prior to booking the room.

I'll never stay at this place again. I'm not interested in the disappointment and argument about a tub. This ridiculous - I want my money back since I didn't find out about "showers only" until after I arrived - past the cancellation time. No where in the website or in the email confirmation did Marriott disclose that bathtubs were not available at this hotel.

Room Tip: Please see above
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank rudy711
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 nights and were really pleasantly surprised. The staff was always friendly and helpful, both in the lobby and housekeeping. The room was huge, almost like new condition, and very clean. There was some freeway noise as others have mentioned, but it didn't interfere with our sleep at all. The garage had plenty of space even on a night the hotel was full. Finally, we were able to walk to some great restaurants and shopping. We've stayed in several LA area hotels and this was among the best, at a more affordable rate than most!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RH641
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Randy H.,

Thank you for your recent posting about your stay at our hotel. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the hotel and the surrounding Burbank area. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've stayed here before and this was my first choice for when my business brought me here again. However, this stay left much more to be desired. When I booked they didn't tell me that the only handicap room they had available was on the same floor and facing the pool. So, when I arrive with my friend (who is handicapped) they didn't have any handicap rooms available - except the noisy one facing the pool! We finally got them to find us a different room, but this one faced the I-5 freeway. We had to sleep with earplugs every night.
The manager at least listened to our allergy concerns, however, I had no idea this was a pet-friendly hotel. They told us they only accept pets up to 50 lbs, however, while leaving for a meeting one day, a huge black lab that easily weighed over 120 lbs. (I'd understand if it was a service dog, but it wasn't.) The dog caused my allergies to severely act up and made me miss and have to re-schedule several meetings.
Another issue was the maid. I don't want maid service when I stay at hotels, and it's good I didn't. One of the days I left around 10 am and the maid was cleaning the room just across the hall. When I returned at 6:30 pm that same maid was still "cleaning" the SAME room!!! Don't know what she was doing or why it takes that many hours to clean ONE room. When we brought this concern to the manager, he thankfully took proactive action. I'm not sure what he did or said to the maid, but I didn't see that maid on our floor for the rest of our stay.
The last issue was noisy people on the floor above us.
The front desk staff and the manager were the only redeeming qualities of this hotel. They were kind and professional.
Overall, I most likely won't be coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: For a quiet room choose one on an upper floor facing 1st street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Global_Thinker

Dear Global_Thinker,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that we fell short on your expectations. We pride ourselves on trying to give everyone of our guests a great experience when they stay with us. I will use the information you provided as an opportunity to improve our service and our hotel. I take the feedback from my guests very seriously and I use it to address areas of improvement with my staff. Thank you agaian and I hope we get an opportunity in the future to meet your expectations.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

W stayed here while attending a conference in town. Great to have a kitchen so we could come back and relax and eat. The staff were friendly and helpful. While we did not use the grocery shopping service, it seemed like a great idea. The breakfast buffet was a lot to be desired- eggs were dry and other items were too sweet. We went to Trader Joe's a few blocks away and bought our own breakfast stuff and made it in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sitaananth
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Chutney3,

Thank you for your posting about your recent stay with us. I am glad our hotel was able to meet your needs. I appreciate your comments and will share them with my team. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The staff was extremely friendly. The hotel was really clean and in a great location. I walked to downtown Burbank. Restaurants and fro yo were everywhere. The people in downtown Burbank were nice and it felt very safe.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RachelFNP
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear RachelFNP,

Thank you for the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I am glad our hotel and service met your expectations. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

With Aprreciation,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I chose this hotel because of it’s proximity to Hollywood, not too close and not too far away. It’s quick drive to the Hollywood Blvd. and Highland Ave. parking garage.
I was not disappointed with the surrounding area, it was very nice and I felt safe walking around at night. Also, there are several restaurants within walking distance.
As for the hotel itself, the staff was very helpful and professional and they made my wife and I feel welcome as their guests. Check in was expedited quickly and courteously not much else to say about that. I was not surprised in regards to the charges for self parking, it was a minimal charge.
The room was a studio type with a bed, kitchen, bath, and a small sitting area with a couch. The room was very clean and appeared to be updated recently. The bed was a bit harder than I remembered Marriott beds to be and was not comfortable for my taste. The air conditioning system was a bit difficult to adjust, it worked great but was not easy to maintain a constant comfortable temperature. It was very quiet during our stay we did not hear any construction noise.
The breakfast was adequate and had plenty of choices in my opinion. The area was clean and organized.
All in all staying at the Residence Inn Burbank Downtown was a good experience and I would stay there again...

Room Tip: We were in a studio type room and it was very nice for the two of us...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear JJHII568A,

I appreciate the comments you posted about your recent stay with us. I'm glad our hotel was in close proximity to the Hollywood area. We are located in the heart of Burbank and all that it has to offer. We are within a safe walk from everything Burbank has to offer. I'm glad my staff was helpful and professional in regards to your needs. We do have spacious rooms and a bountiful breakfast and I'm happy you were happy with your accommodations. I will share your thoughts with my team and we look forward to serving you again real soon.