Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown
  • Pool
Coast Anabelle Hotel(Burbank)
$349
Great 4.5/5
Portofino Inn Burbank(Burbank)(Great Value!)
$129
$128
Average 3/5
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suiteblack anguswithin walking distanceuniversal studiossan fernando blvdcovered parkinglong stayunderground parkingthe hotel offersthe sofa bedliving areasmall kitchenthe breakfast areafront desk staffvery nice hotelper night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The 3 of us stayed for 8 days. I would stay there all over again. Breakfast is wonderful, there was plenty of food. Dinner was good, but get there early and please do NOT take more than you need food nor load up for a midnight snack. Food ran out most of the evenings by 7 p.m.and the hotel said they put ALL the food out. It is not a "All you can Buffet", some people would take more than one servings, then go back for 2 or 3rds, when other guests had NOT even made it to the dining area. One night we were without the complimentary dinner and yet hotel guest before us were wanting 2nds or cut in line to get more food. Rooms are super clean, odor free, and excellent housekeeing services. The hotel building is about 5 years old and yet you can tell the hotel looks like they are keeping up with the repairs. Location you can not beat., walking distance to the mall and in a super safe area. I found the hotel quiet and family friendly. THe staff is very supportive and lobby is nicely decorated. All furninshings look new.

Room Tip: Inquire how to use the Air conditoner properly, I did and it made our stay more comfortable. The gym is great. 1 Elyptical, 2 treadmil with built in TV. 1 bike, weight set, and a larger weight set. and a larger TV in the exercise room. All new equipment and all in working order. Laundromat is great on 3 rd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Txtea 11,

Thank you for your recent post about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad you had a great stay with us. I will share your experience with my team and we hope we have an opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a very nice over night stay at The Residence Inn. It was very close to many restaurants and shops in downtown Burbank.

Our one room suite was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom, with Paul Mitchell amenities, was spacious and bright. A definate plus as far as I'm concerned! There was a full kitchen, which was nice to have. We had a long cross country road trip begining the next day and it was great to be able to buy water/soda for the drive and have a frig to put them in.

Check in was easy and the staff was very attentive.

Just had two minor issues:
We called the front desk to ask them to contact the room above us. For about 45 minutes we listened to someone, very heavy footed, walking ( almost stomping ) back and forth across the room. They said they would take care of it. The pacing continued to the point where we had to call again. At this time the staff at the front desk informed me that there was no one in that room... I found that a little confusing & eerie. It eventually stopped.
The other, as Platnium Elite members we would have appreciated a room with a view better than a brick wall and a parking lot.
We would stay here again but would ask for a different room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Julie C.

Thank you for the comments you posted recently about your stay at our hotel. The team is pleased that you enjoyed your time spent in the Burbank area. We are proud of our hotel and we try our best to make all of our guests stays a great experience. I will follow up on the minor issue you stated you had to ensure our team is aware of your concerns. We do try to make sure we give our Platinum Elite guests the very best rooms we have when they stay with us. Sometimes due to high occupancy it is a challenge for us to do this. Again I appreciate your kind words and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom suite for 6 nights in late July 2012 while visiting family and exploring the LA area. We flew into the Burbank Airport (Bob Hope) and the hotel was an easy 10 minute drive (surface streets) away. The hotel is clean and comfortable and well appointed. The staff is friendly and efficient. Parking costs $15 per day--which is pretty much par for the course in LA. Wi Fi is free. Breakfast is free. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the "village" area--several downtown blocks of restaurants (lots of ethnic choices) and some shops and is also within walking distance of the Burbank Town Center. Most of the big attractions (Universal Studios, Hollywood ) are a reasonable drive away, as are the beaches (this is LA--you drive a lot here). The one drawback--the I-5 is right next to the hotel (as in, if you fall out of your window you will fall onto the highway) and there is constant road noise on that side of the building. Ask for a room on the other side if road noise bugs you. All in all, I recommend it as a place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank collegevisitor014
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Collegevisitor014,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the comments you posted about our hotel and the surrounding Burbank Downtown area. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience the Burbank area. I will share your comments with my team and we look forward to serving you again sometime soon.

With Appreciation,

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a nice hotel and close to downtown Burbank. Overpriced rates. When I first booked this hotel I asked about parking a moving truck and trailer and waas told I would have to park at the Black Angus next door so I called the restaurant and made sure I could park there, and was told not until after they close.
Funny thing, when we got to the hotel, the front desk guy told us, it's ok to park in the lot, here is your parking pass. Obviously some people are friendlier than others. The first guy that said no caused us lots of stress wondering where we could park.
This hotel has the smallest pool ever for as many rooms as they have. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Sunbaby 39,

Thank you for your comments you posted in regards to your recent stay with us. I apologize for the confussion with the parking of your moving truck and van at Black Angus. Due to weight restrictions in our upper parking lot we have had to have guests park larger trucks and vans at Black Angus. They have been very accomodating in letting us share thier lot and would like to think that this was an isolated communication error on our part in getting the ok for you to park there. Our pool in the courtyard is located above our underground parking and due to weight restrictions it was built a bit smaller then your typical hotel pool. Our prices are determined by like hotels in our market and with the light dinner available 3 nights a week and breakfast available 7 days a week included in the price along with spacious rooms with kitchens in every room, I would like to think we are value for the price. Again I would like to thank you for your comments and I hope we have an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for good LA area base for ease in getting around. Hotel was great, clean, modern, with great breakfast and all the in room amenities - good wired and WiFi internet, big flat panel TV, big walk in shower,great AC and of course, full kitchen. 15$ per night parking seemed OK for clean, safe, well lit parking (although free would have been nicer). The courtyard area looked very nice, pool fire pit etc, but we did not have chance to enjoy this. We requested non road side and high floor and had NO noise issue as have been reported with other reviews. Overall - A good value.

Room Tip: Non I-5 highway side for noise free stay
Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Pete T088,

Thank you for your posting in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your comments about our rooms and the amenities we offer to guests staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

With Appreciation,