“Modern and Clean”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Rochester, New York
“Modern and Clean”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for good LA area base for ease in getting around. Hotel was great, clean, modern, with great breakfast and all the in room amenities - good wired and WiFi internet, big flat panel TV, big walk in shower,great AC and of course, full kitchen. 15$ per night parking seemed OK for clean, safe, well lit parking (although free would have been nicer). The courtyard area looked very nice, pool fire pit etc, but we did not have chance to enjoy this. We requested non road side and high floor and had NO noise issue as have been reported with other reviews. Overall - A good value.

Room Tip: Non I-5 highway side for noise free stay
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Pete T088,

Thank you for your posting in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your comments about our rooms and the amenities we offer to guests staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 10 nights and found the hotel very clean and well looked after. Everything in the room was perfect and located perfectly within walking distance to shops and restraunts. HOWEVER.................. When we first checked in they incorrectly charged our credit card $1000. They admitted this was a mistake on their part and reversed this. They then charged the card TWICE for $2500. We asked them to explain and they told us that it was a hold for any incidentals that occur during the stay. We thought $5000 was a bit extreme as our stay in total only came to $3200. They told us that is was be reversed before we checked out and our friends and I could split the room charges at the end of the stay. The next day we got a call saying that they tried to charge our card again for another $1000 but it was declined. We contacted the bank and they informed us they had now overdrawn our account because of all these charges. On the 10th day after various attempts to try to get the staff to fix this, we spent 1 and 1/2 hours in the reception area trying to check out but they wouldn't let us as their was $600 outstanding but we couldn't pay this as they STILL had not reversed the charges. They Finally admitted that the $5000 was a mistake on their part again!!!!!! They agreed to let us go and charge the account in a few days when the other charges had been reversed.
we also then had problems checking into our accommodation in Las Vegas as they stuffed up our card.

This experience ruined our stay in america as this was our first time here and made it extremely frustrating and stressful. It was unnecessary as all they had to do was do they accounting properly! They have a lack of communication skills and just blame other staff members when problems arise. USUALLY customers are always put first right?...........

We recommend everyone be very cautious when staying here!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear A I,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you in regards to the handling of your account during your recent stay with us. It was brought to my attention after you had check out and I have had an opportunity to find out the details of what happend. We had a breakdown in communication in the processing of your account. A mistake was found out early in your stay in regards to what was thought to be the form of payment you wanted the account settled with when you checked out. In our attempt to fix what we initially had done we created the high amount of money authorized on your account which was placed on hold with your bank until you check out. Normally the amount authorized is little bit more then the final amount. In your case it was excessive. By the time we notified your bank to release the hold you were getting ready to leave our hotel. It takes a few days for the bank to release the hold which created the issue you mentioned you had when you went to Las Vegas. I would like to think this was an isolated incident due to the fact we process thousands of transactions a year. I look at opportunities like this to review our processes and retrain my associates so it is not a common occurance. I take these challenges seriously and I will follow up with my team to ensure we get it right the first time. I know we are human and mistakes happen. Learning from these mistakes is the only way we can improve ourselves to be better the next time. I thank you again for bringing this to my attention and although it put a damper on your first visit to America I hope when you return we would have an opportunity to show you we learned from this and that we strive to be better.

With my sincere apology,

Michael J.Swaney
GM
Monterrey
Reviewed July 17, 2012

It was a while ago, but I remember very well our stay at Residence Inn Burbank Downtown. We made a 2 night scale in LAX during our HoneyMoon trip, and found this hotel a very likely option to come back.

Everything was always very clean and the decor very warm. Our sleep was excellent and we loved the quick access to Burbank streets where you can do a lot of good shopping. Room was spacious and very comfortable. The kitchen is a nice plus.

There is a grocery shop nearby, so we went walking and bought some stuff to cook and save some money. It worked very well.

Staff is very kind, responsive and willing to enhance guests experience.

This was our first time at Residence Inn. We've tried to repeat it in some others across US... definitely, this has been the best.

Room Tip: Studio room is fair enough for 2 of small family.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
michigan111, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear JosueOsuna,

Thank you for nice things you said about the stay you had at our hotel. Congratulations on your marriage. I'm glad your honeymoon experience at our hotel was a positive one. We strive to make every stay a great experience for all of our guests. I appreciate your comments about the hotel and the city of Burbank. I will share your posting with my staff and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very good hotel just a few minutes from downtown Burbank and close to LA's many attractions

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear laidback_al13,

Just wanted to reach out and say thank you for the comments you posted about our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and I'm glad you had a great experience. I will share your comment's with my team and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Santa Monica, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed in a few different Residence Inns and they all have the same basic theme, but the one in downtown Burbank is just recently built and still has that "brand new" look and feel to it.

The rooms are tastefully decorated and even the window coverings and lighting are very classy and tasteful. There is nice artwork on the walls, knick-knacks on shelves, painted accent walls, etc. It feels like walking into an upscale studio apartment, not like walking into a hotel room. Units come with a small kitchen complete with a full size refrigerator and dishwasher, cooking utensils, even a fireplace in some locations. The large, flat screen TV swivels on its base so that you can either watch it in bed or from the living room couch. By-the-way, the couch also folds out into a guest bed. Speaking of beds, I LOVE their beds. Super comfy with lots of pillows and thick blankets. The windows are very thick and well insulated so you get a very peaceful sleep with no outside sounds bothering you at all.

The service here is outstanding and the location is excellent, with quick freeway access to the 5 freeway and walking distance to downtown Burbank.

I must admit that the breakfast is disappointing though. The Residence Inn at another location I previously stayed at had outstanding breakfast selections and I was expecting the same here but in fact it was quite a step down from other Residence Inn locations. Frankly, I think it's because the local dining establishments are influencing them to NOT serve a great breakfast so that the guests will spend their money at the local downtown restaurants. That's just my theory, but given how very basic and boring the breakfast here was compared to other Residence Inn locations, I think I am correct. However, there are a LOT of excellent restaurant selections on San Fernando Blvd which is within walking distance, so no big deal.

Finally, the parking garage structure is perfect. Lots of available parking and one can walk directly into the hotel lobby from the parking garage for quick and easy access to your car. Do keep in mind there is a mandatory parking fee of $18 per day which is not cheap. There is no overnight street parking available, so you have no choice but to park your car in their garage and pay $18 a day to do so.

Other than the parking fee and the lousy breakfast, I give this place 5 stars for everything else and I would definitely recommend this hotel over other hotels in Burbank.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from any large groups of people so you don't get the late night hallway...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear bbkcollector,

Thank you for the great review you posted about the experience you had at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the look and feel of our beautiful hotel. Our location in the heart of downtown Burbank lends itself to an easy walk to local restaurants, retail stores, movie theaters and much more. We strive to provide all of our guests with the quality of service they have come to expect when staying at a Marriott hotel. I will share your comments with my team and we hope we have an opportunity to serve you again real soon.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Went to LOs Angeles for 3 days. Stayed at the residence inn because I was Looking for a hotel that was Highly rated,not too expensive and not too far from the LA attractions. Well i found it in this hotel. The hotel is beautiful. From the moment you walk into the suite,you know you are in for a special time. The kitchen is fabulous and the bed is heavenly. Specially the pillows, i wish i could buy them.
The breakfast is way over and above most hotel breakfasts. with hot eggs,sausage,waffles and even yogurt. and a first for me was a Pepsi soda fountain in the breakfast area. Nice for grabbing a soda on the go.
My son and I enjoyed the pool. It gets cold at night though,but luckily the pool is heated. There is also a fireplace outside by the pool and even Gas grills. I wish we could have taken advantage of them,but there wasn't enough time.
The only negative is that they charge $15 a day for parking. BUT,that is very reasonable. Considering that you are in Los Angeles and paying for parking is very common. There are plenty of restaurants around the area. and its even next door to a steakhouse.
The people on the front desk were very courteous and we had absolutely no issues. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable home away from home in the Los Angeles area.

Room Tip: our room,217, had a loud ac unit. which was not bad,but just a little noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank geowash
, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Geowash,

Thank you for all the nice things you said about our hotel and your recent stay with us. We are so thrilled that you had a great experience. We are very proud of our hotel, staff and location in beautiful Burbank, CA. We strive to make every guests stay with us a memorable experience. I will share your posting with my staff because they are the ones that make it happen everyday. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you in the future.

United States
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here 6-27-12 to 7-1-12 and had an enjoyable stay. Our room was quiet, no road noise and no train noise (maybe because we read others' reviews of this hotel and requested a room on an upper floor away from the highway). The staff was incredibly helpful with recommendations on places to dine and calling a cab for us when we needed it. The morning breakfast was more than adequate and the housekeepers very accomodating to our schedule. The hotel was full and there were many families with children, however, we never heard any noise of children running in the hall. We did not use the pool, but saw a lot of other folks out there who seemed to be having fun. Felt this was an excellent value for the price.

Room Tip: Request a room on an uooer floor away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear MotherMayEye,

I appreciate your posting in regards to your stay with us from 6/27 to 7/1. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with the service we provided. I will share your comments with our team and we hope we have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.