“Lovely little bistro”

Dining options: Reservations
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Lovely little bistro”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

A small restaurant in a strip mall. However, once inside, it is a charming little place. The waiter was attentive, efficient, and not intrusive. The bass was excellent. If I lived here, I would go back often.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jan R

Burlingame, California
“French Bistro Ambiance; great value”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I arrived early without a reservation and had my pick of seats. The restaurant became busier as the evening progressed, even on a Monday. Service throughout the meal was excellent: friendly and efficient.

I wished I had been hungry enough for the special 4-course meal. Instead I tried the lentil soup, which was surprisingly light and refreshing on the warm evening. I had the choucroute/pork which was very tasty and reminded me of meals in Alsace. Dessert was fruit with a lemon cream sauce; again not too heavy.

Don't let the location in a strip mall next to a Von's put you off; ambience inside is completely different and reminiscent of a bistro in France!

• Visited March 2014
Watsonville, California
“Excellent Food @ Cozy French Bistro”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Went here for my sister's birthday. Lucky enough it was very good & right across street from hotel.
Servers were very friendly & helpful. Wine list good & will help select. Had a Cote du Rhone that was delicious.
Mussels with chorizo (app) very good. Salmon with truffle mashed potatoes & kale delicious. Ravioli w/seafood yummy.
Too full for dessert.
Would def recommend.

Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Reminded me of Paris”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Romantic little bistro hidden in a strip mall in Burbank. Both my husband and I remarked "Cram in 25 more tables, 30 people smoking and a lady or two with a frou-frou dog and you could be in Paris!"

Food was not the classical French but exceptionally tasty and well presented. We go for "locals" night and for a prix fix price you get a lovely starter, entrée and dessert. We've been here 3 times and the food and service has always been first rate. Try the lamb chops.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Cynthia U
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasteless & snooty”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Does anybody who has eaten here, ever had French food? I doubt it, because it is usually very tasty. The waiter was very nice and friendly & polite, as most all people who have written reviews have said. I agree.
I ordered the filet mignon with truffle mashed potatoes. When the plate arrived it had the filet, some vegetable 'medley' full of onions (which I don't especially like mixed in my vegetables) & 3 slices of potatoes 'au gratin' (I think that's what they were trying to be). When I called the waiter over & told him this was not what I had ordered, he offered to bring me the truffle potatoes on the side. By the time I received said potatoes, my steak was cold, mixed in with the onion juices of the vegetable 'medley', and of course not truffle potatoes at all. When I called the host? Maitre'd? Owner? Chef? & told him that a mistake had been made (twice), he was completely rude and demanded to know what I wanted him to do about it! Um, I beg your 'pardon'?!?!
He took the dish away and brought it back with the steak warmed up and maybe added a truffle or 2, & god knows what else to the potatoes. And then he handed me the check, which included the $38(!) steak in it.
Any self-respecting restaurant that cared about its customers would have comped that meal. Came away after spending a lot of money just to be subjected to rude behavior & mediocre food at best.
Awful experience. I will not return.

• Visited November 2013