Burbank Inn & Suites
$217
$188
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Safari Inn, a Coast Hotel(Burbank)(Great Value!)
$225
$179
$161
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Unless you would like to be awakened every morning by electric sawing and hammering, do NOT stay here. They are completely remodeling the bottom half of the motel. The front desk staff was rude and unapologetic for the disruption.

The maid knocked on our door, and when told to come back in an hour, replied, "an hour is too long!" "I will come back in 30 minutes." I was pretty taken aback.

The room was clean and new...no frills! It is about 20 feet from I-5, so expect traffic noise as well. Very close to NBC studios.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank bigtox
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I don't know about prices overall in this area, but if you can afford another 25-50 for a little nicer hotel in the same spot I'd do it. The hotel IS clean and seriously not scary or terrible. The pool is as big as a kiddie pool (really) and I think parking could be hard if you have a huge vehicle and it is really busy - it is a square smallish parking lot. I paid $125 a night. The front desk is ABSOLUTELY no help so don't need anything and you will be ok. The woman working the desk knew NOTHING - could barely give me directions to Universal Studios, which was our destination. Beds are totally fine - we had two queens. Bedding in hotels always scares me but the beds seemed clean enough...old bedding, though.

Ralph's supermarket is REALLY close by and there are fridges in the room. If you go out of the hotel on Alameda and make a right, go past the highway and up to San Fernando (I think it is Fernando - it is definitely San F something) and Ralph's will be on your left in a shopping center that also has a Starbucks. That same road (San F ) will take you to downtown Burbank where you can park anywhere and there are a TON of restaurants there and not too seriously expensive. We had sushi and it was not a bad deal (there are a lot of Thai restaurants there also). From downtown Burbank you can see the Ramada Express - looks old but in a great location.
Universal is about 7 miles or so from the hotel and easy to get to. I had no problem hooking up the DSL (you have to unplug the phone to use the phone jack and the cable is sitting near the phone) and it worked just fine, which made me happy. Hotel has cable tv also and that worked fine. The shower water the first morning was CRAZY - super hot and I couldn't get it to be cold. I was so mad! But, then it worked fine the next day so who knows?? I mean, it was great even the next day...
Holly wood is very close to, so you can get in a trip there also form the hotel with no problem.

thanks Trip Advisor - love the site!!
Phx, AZ

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank desertmidwife
Reviewed June 30, 2007

For the price we were a little skechy. Upon pulling into the place we thought perhaps it wasn't going to be good. The pool is VERY small. Not that you would want to do laps or anything, but you really can't fit many people in it. Our room, was great! It had a nice little sitting area, a TV with multiple channels, a large bed, and it was very clean. We were bothered by the front desk a couple of times. The first was because someone left clothes in the room prior to our arrival, and we are still unsure of what they wanted for the second early the next morning. Overall we were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2007

We traveled to California on a whim. I am surprised to say that this hotel was an abdolute gem!!!. It is conveniently located right off the 5 freeway. Its price was reasonable and the quality was great. I havent slept this well in a while. The beds are new and extra comfortable. The rooms are super clean and the front staff is very helpful. Even though it is right off the freeway, it is not as loud as one would imagine. Would stay here again!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2006

I know several people who have stayed here during horse shows at the LA Equestrian Center. I decided to give it a try too. I was very pleasantly surprised! The beds are ultra comfortable, the rooms really clean and good sized. I was amazed at how quiet it was even though it is located right off INT. 5 and Alameda. The only down side is the cramped parking, especially during a horse show, as all the trucks take up so much room and it takes several tries to get parked, if you can find a space. As far as safety issues, I never felt fearful. The parking/courtyard is well lite and very close to your room. I was there by myself for several nights and felt fine. I can't say enough about how comfortable the beds were! I have major back problems and hotel/motel beds are my biggest nightmare. I did not want to get out of the bed in the morning, it was that comfy!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank reinergirl