“Unimpressed.”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Going to this restaurant is the one part of my LA trip that I regret. I found out about it from TripAdvisor and liked what I read, but can't agree after going there. The Mojitos were strong. (not always a bad thing.. but I want mine to taste good) I didn't realize that Fried Yucca was basically french fries. (my fault, not the restaurant's) It's not very vegetarian friendly, with only one semi-overpriced vege plate to offer. My boyfriend ordered a chicken entree and wasn't too excited about it. The only thing worth writing home about was the steamed yucca. Everything else was forgettable. Afterwards we just wanted our $60 back. I guess I just expected to be wowed.

(Also, ordered a margarita because they were listed as a daily special for $3.95. Found out when the check came that they are only that price when you also order the daily food special.. $5 lesson learned.)

Reviewed January 6, 2009

Some friends and I got together at Guantanamera Restaurant on a Saturday night and we had the time of our lifes. This place is truely happening!! The food was delicious. We had Grilled Chicken with cuban spices, "Yummy", Oxtail plate was amazing, Pork, oh so good and Salmon very good. Writing about these plates is making me hungry. The service is great! All the servers are cuban and this really adds a lot of character to the place and to the experience. It makes it very Cuban. We have not found a place like this to hang out at and this is going to become our hangout.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Irvine, California
Reviewed May 1, 2008

Excellent Cuban food! I ordered the lengua and it's soft and tender! They also have a decent Cuban sandwich (roast pork, ham, mustard, swiss cheese, and pickles). Recommended!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 11, 2007

Great mojitos!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Not the "greatest" cuban food but still good. I always get the Pollo ala Plancha with tostones. Their tostones ARE THE BEST though!