“Good Chinese food in the heart of Burbank”
Review of Gourmet 88

Gourmet 88
Ranked #73 of 490 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 30, 2018

Gourmet 88 has been a staple on San Fernando Blvd for over 25 years... which in today's world of food is amazing. You don't get to stay that long in the same location without delivering great food at a good price. Dine in or take out. The staff are always friendly and the food is always good... with all your Chinese favorites plus a few selections you don't see in other Chinese restaurants. If you're in or near Burbank and have a urge for Chinese, try Gourmet 88

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

A friend was going away to celebrate his birthday. At the last minute he changed his plans. We called Gourmet 88 and they were very welcoming and helpful. We ordered a delicious Chinese banquet from their special menu. There was a wide variety to suit many tastes and lots of food. The quality was excellent. And the price was very reasonable. All we had to do was add some balloons and a birthday cake. What could be easier?
The service was very accommodating. The environment is very pretty. There is a full bar.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018

When going to the AMC 16, my family and I often pop in for a meal. Service is great -- professional, fast, and not overbearing. The food is good and tasty. It isn't a foodie dream but it is solid Chinese food for Americans in generous portions. The ambiance is a nice break from the other restaurants in the area. I recommend.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed November 23, 2017

We ended up eating here today (Thanksgiving) because the restaurant I called 3 weeks ago (that was supposed to be open) was closed... So we walked around and this is what we found open.

What a pleasant surprise.....

We ordered:
Crispy Duck - Perfect inside & out. Crisp outside, tender & moist inside
Assorted Chow Fun - Excellent flavor, a lot of meat & shrimp
Steamed Shrimp & Chicken w/ Vegetables - wow that was a new one, and it was good. Again plentiful shrimp & chicken, vegetables perfect & crisp
Margaritas on the Rocks - Wonderful

This was my first time eating here and I hope to be able to eat there again.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed April 2, 2017

I have a love/hate relationship with this place. I've taken out food that was absolutely terrible that I had to toss. I ate there recently -- wanted to give it another try -- and had chow fun and a minced shrimp/lettuce dish and they were both excellent. There aren't a lot of Chinese choices near the AMC movie theater, so when I am in the area, I might be tempted.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank TerriC8732

Been to Gourmet 88? Share your experiences!