“Uneven Quality But Some Dishes Are Worth It”
Review of Gourmet 88

Gourmet 88
Ranked #64 of 454 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 2, 2017

I have a love/hate relationship with this place. I've taken out food that was absolutely terrible that I had to toss. I ate there recently -- wanted to give it another try -- and had chow fun and a minced shrimp/lettuce dish and they were both excellent. There aren't a lot of Chinese choices near the AMC movie theater, so when I am in the area, I might be tempted.

1  Thank TerriC8732

Reviewed March 29, 2017

I have dined here so much in past several months - I was staying in hotel down the road - I would phone in my order - get a discount - and walk up road about 10-15 minutes and the food would be ready - you can get plates/cutlery etc if you want them; the food would still be piping hot by the time I walked back.
I brought my mum here, who was visiting from Scotland, for dinner - the eat in portions were massive - prices great....food delicious!
Also back last month with friends for lunch - great lunch deal - so enough food for one.
I love crab meat corn soup, and shrimp in lobster sauce with fried rice.
Friendly staff, authentic food...can't go far wrong if you like Chinese food at fair price!!!.

Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

Place is great live the margaritas and hit and sour soup best hot mustard ever. Service is too fast. Only complaint

Reviewed January 12, 2017

We like going to this place for some of their specialties like their delicious wonton soup and sizzling rice soup (house special). They also make excellent shrimp with walnuts dish and their house special noodles is great. Would love to keep on coming to this place but it is a little pricey for Chinese food. Guess because of its location. But I would recommend this place if price was not an object.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

On business in Burbank and wanted Chinese food. Yelp travel reviews rated this restaurant as good. However I was disappointed. I ordered the Assorted Won Ton soup for $8, with 6 won tons, in a broth with vegetables and meat. It was average. Thought that the # of won ton was low for the price and the flavor of the soup was average. I also ordered the Steamed Chicken for $12.75. It is chicken and vegetable that have been steamed cooked with your choice of sauce on the side. Flavorless dish. I struggled to eat it. It is not what Cantonese steam chicken taste like. Perhaps other dishes might be better but disappointed at what I ordered. The waiter should have mentioned this when ordered. Great atmosphere, though food is expensive for what is provided. There are many choices of restaurants in this area in downtown Burbank.

1  Thank RodneyChin