“Not guest/customer friendly”

Best Western Plus Media Center Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Items were taken from our hotel room. We alerted the hotel staff immediately. We were told that "this has never happened before" - therefore could not have happened. The manager basically implying we were lying about the items. Trying to say we either left them elsewhere, or never had them at all.

There was no apology. He mentioned the hotel safe, but I'm sorry, never did I think that souvenirs would need to put into a safe, should we then try to keep our entire luggage in the safe to keep it from being stolen from a locked room?

To be treated as if WE, the paying guest, are the guilty party is no way to run an establishment.

We will never stay there again and would advise others to keep anything/everything LOCKED up, because if it gets stolen - management won't care!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christina G
I P, Manager at Best Western Plus Media Center Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Christina,

Again, I am very sorry about your missing souvenirs. I am surprised with parts of your review after our phone conversation.

I spoke with my staff and was told that you first notified us that your items were missing upon check-out after staying 3 days. I did contact the housekeeper that cleaned your room each day and she said nothing matching your items was thrown out either. I'd like to note she is an outstanding staff member and has been with us for several years now.

One of our other staff members, Andrew, said you mentioned a HardRock Cafe T-shirt and he went so far as to call all the HardRocks in the area to see if anything might have been left. Althought the restaurants all had left items, there was nothing matching the description of your particular items.

I would like to bring up that I never initiated a converation about safes and should point out we do not have safes in our rooms.

I apologize if their was a miscommunication between us. I never meant to imply that you were lying about having your souvenirs taken. I would have liked to rule out the possibility that they were not misplaced with your luggage. So often do guests call us back a day later to let us know they found an item in their bags that they thought had been lost. No matter what the item is its always discouraging to come home from a vacation to find something you knew you had with you was gone; a souvenir, a picture, phone charger, or favorite slippers. I hope your future vacations will always be nothing short of fun and relaxation.

Regards,
I. Patel

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I were in Burbank for a combination business/pleasure trip. While most of the other people I was joining for the business portion of the trip stayed elsewhere (and paid a lot more) my wife and I were very pleased with this property. It was quiet, clean and convenient for both business and pleasure needs. The room was spacious (moreso than we expected). While we did have one small problem with the room (a missing screw from the toilet seat) it was taken care of promptly. We appreciated having the refrigerator and microwave in the room. The front desk staff was very helpful when it came to questions my wife had regarding dining and shopping in the area. I come to Burbank on business once a year and I think I have found a new first choice for a place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark N
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I spent 2 nights of my 2 week vacation in California at this hotel and was was happy to find that there was a fridge, microwave, free parking and free wifi. None of these items were present in the other hotel chains I stayed at during my trip. The room was large, had a sitting area with couch and chair, a large flat screen tv, and a comfie bed. The hallways were quiet at night. Parking was easy and checkin/out was fast.

The breakfast was sufficient but as I have a food allergy I was unable to eat much of it, and there was no staff around to ask about potential options - for example, it is likely I could have eaten the egg provided, but without being able to confirm the ingredients I could not. There was no 'real' cream for the coffee, only non-dairy (a.k.a. chemical) whiteners which one shouldn't be ingesting anyway. I tried to find staff, even at the front desk, but there was nobody around for about 15 minutes at 9am so gave up and went out for breakfast.

Didn't spend much time here as I was occupied most of the day, but it is only a couple blocks walk to Warner Bros Studios, there is a grocery and several restaurants nearby, and it is only a couple miles to the Burbank Airport and Universal Studios. There is even a city bus that runs near the hotel which will take you to the Red Line Metro so you can go downtown LA without having to drive.

It isn't cheap though... I think they charge more than what it is worth, but there aren't many other options at this location. If you want to walk to Warner Bros, this is your choice, if you don't mind driving (and finding parking everywhere you go), you could get better value for your dollar elsewhere.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room - got top floor near end of hallway - didn't hear a thing all night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Suzanne G
Reviewed January 10, 2013

First, I'd like to reply to the January 7, 2013 review regarding the poor management. It's unfortunate that your expectation wasn't met. I have lodged at this BW on several occasions for business and have had nothing but excellent customer service and quick response if I ever had a need or question. Traveling for business is not "fun", yet this BW makes the best of my stay away from home. Free, safe underground parking, very clean and comfortable accommodations, a multitude of eateries in the vacinity, as well as quick access to all of the studios.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. the front desk people were great with suggestions and help. The room/bed was fab. I got a room on the top floor so it was quiet. (i'm a super light sleeper) The parking was ample and free! It was in a quiet neighborhood and very safe.
The price tag was a little high, but it was the week of the Tournament of Roses parade. 4 nights cost almost $900. I think that is a little spendy. But I do appreciate the help of the staff in getting me a quiet room and the dinner suggestions.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We picked this hotel mainly for it's location. It is right in the middle of WB and NBC and apparently the Disney Radio studio (that's where I found Starbucks) We only stayed one night and arrived late. It was easy to find and parking was free. The bed was amazing - super comfy. Our room was on the third floor and was clean. I will say the walls must be thin, we woke up to loud talking from the next room. My son was convinced that they were right outside our door. We did get up in time to get the free breakfast, the waffle iron is my favorite - but the batter was too lemony. There is also a great Mexican Restaurant across the street "Don Cucos"

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at the beginning of December. Great room, loved the king sized bed. Breakfast was nice -loved the do it yourself waffles. We didn't have a car so relied on cabs and the bus. The bus stopped a block away and went right to Universal. We walked to Warner Bros. for the tour. This hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff, especially during the day, was great. We will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 322Traveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#66 of 355 in Los Angeles
Hotel Amarano Burbank
#7 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Best Western Plus Media Center Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!