“A Must for Vacationers”

Best Western Plus Media Center Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are spacious. The beds are absolutely the most comfortable ones I have slept in for a while. The free breakfast was very good. The pool was very relaxing. The staff is very accommodating, friendly and helpful. This Best Western is centrally located. Within two blocks of Warner Brothers Studios. Universal Studios Hollywood is a short (and straight shot - one road) drive from this hotel. All attractions in Hollywood are minutes away. This hotel offers free parking with plenty of spaces for everyone. This is a wonderful bonus to know that after a long day of sight seeing you have a place to put you car. Overall this is an amazing place to stay when visiting Warner Brothers, Universal Studios and Hollywood!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room is nice. Second time staying here and I haven't found a bad room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kermit450

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We are currently at this facility and find it to be excellent in all areas. Our room is oversize, quiet, and clean. Location is excellent for our needs. Staff has been very friendly and helpful. Would recommend the Mexican restaurant directly across the street. Very good!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you visit LA, stay in this hotel! This place is really conveniently located to movie stuff you want to do as a tourist. Literally just around the corner from Warner Bros studio lot, about 15-20mins drive to the Paramount Studio lot and Hollywood Blvd for "Stars on the sidewalk" the Chinese theatre, etc. and about 10-15mins to Universal Studios.

The hotel has a great Pizza place called Reno's a block away and a great Mexican restaurant opposite.

Free on site parking is offered and is right near the 101 freeway.

A big thanks to Andrew on reception - he was just lovely. I'm a really light sleeper so made sure we had a nice quiet room. BTW, the rooms are fine. Nice and spacious, water pressure could be better but california is in a drought so water pressure hasn't been great anywhere we've been.

Appeared to be a nice safe neighbourhood and was pretty quiet at night time.

If I was going to pick anything it would be breakfast - but I'm not finding the quality of food in America to be as high of what is offered in Australia so I won't include this in the review.

enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, nice and quiet - even if you're overlooking Riverside Dr
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mischiefdebs
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I chose this hotel, because of it's proximity to Universal Studios Hollywood. I am going to assume that the nightly rate is related to location, not level of quality. I appreciated the free underground parking and accessible luggage cart. The night clerk was nice enough and granted our request for a late check out (however it was only an hour later than the regular check out time.) The room was clean and nice, not a big deal. The bathroom was clean except for the shower/tub, they missed a few spots. WARNING: The tub floor was slippery, I almost fell twice. Also the shower head was too low and the water flow rate was extremely weak. The first time we used the toilet it clogged and we had to plunge it ourselves. The breakfast buffet was merely okay. The fact that they don't heat the small square pool was a disappointment. The check out clerk was very helpful and seemed to really care about customer service. Overall, like my rating shows, I wasn't that impressed with this hotel. It was just okay. Sorry Andrew (morning clerk), I guess I won't be "seeing you later".

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank riccoCarmel
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I read the reviews for this hotel before we booked, so I was a little curious about the neighbourhood comments. It turns out this hotel is in a kind of sleepy little neighbourhood; most of the businesses are small shops geared towards the movie industry, and studios. Yes, SAFE area to walk around; we were within walking distance from a great diner, coffee shop, laundry, restaurants and bank.
The hotel itself is ultra clean, staff is friendly and very helpful, facilities are up to date, and everything is in working order. Only thing disappointing was the breakfast, the meat patties were gray. We walked to a diner just down the road which turns out was worth the walk!

Room Tip: neighbourhood is quiet at night, so any room was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lapetitlapin
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We choose this hotel as we had a VIP tour and tickets to a show. REALLY clean hotel and great bed. They even clean the remotes for TV's at this place. Friendly check in staff. There is food places across the food. There is a good Mexican place to eat is across the road. The breakfast included was good. It even had a waffle maker for breakfast.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louise2153
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I visited LA for a wedding over Labor Day weekend and chose this property because it was close to the reception hall. Little did we know how well it would turn out.

1. The location is fantastic! It's in a nice, quiet, SAFE neighborhood close to attractions like Universal Studios. In fact, we walked just a few blocks to Warner Brother Studios for a tour and saved $7 on parking. It's a short drive to Hollywood--we enjoyed the hustle and bustle, but were happy we didn't have to stay there. Mulholland Drive is nearby, too.

2. Our room (king with seating area) was spacious and CLEAN. Trust me, I'm the pickiest person on earth. The shower looked brand new and sparkling. Bonus--nice shampoo and lotion from Bath and Body Works.

3. Parking is FREE. I had originally booked the Marriott Courtyard near Beverly Hills, but who wants to pay $18/for valet parking? And who wants to deal with a valet every time you want to get something from your car?

4. WiFi is FREE. Nice. I hate paying for that.

5. Breakfast is FREE. Typical for free hotel breakfasts, but if you expect anything more, you're going to be terribly disappointed in life. Grab a coffee and danish and be grateful.

6. The bed was AWESOME!

7. Customer service was attentive and WELCOMING. Andrew and Sean made sure our every need was met.

I would definitely STAY HERE again. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VegasLindaLou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Universal City Area
Nite Inn at Universal City
Nite Inn at Universal City
#142 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Best Western Plus Media Center Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!