“Room for Groups, Reasonable Prices, Good Sandwiches”

Pinocchio Italian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 424 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
“Room for Groups, Reasonable Prices, Good Sandwiches”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Small store, deli, restaurant and plenty of space for gatherings in the back rooms in addition to an outdoor patio make this restaurant flexible. I have been here a few times and always had the meatball sandwich. The small size is plenty big and comes with two sides if you eat it on site (as opposed to takeout). Plenty of sides to choose from, but I am partial to the bean salad. We usually come with a large group that reserves the back room and we all have a good time.

• Visited October 2013

Pasadena, California
“Very Good Sandwiches at a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I love this place. They have very good sandwiches at a reasonable price. I usually order the Monte Carlo (large size) which is an Italian cold cut sandwich covered with tomatos in oil. For me, it is perfect. If you order a sandwich to stay you also get 2 salads with it (greek, pasta, macaroni, spinach, potato etc.) You can also pay a bit more and get some additional salads (mushroom, olive etc). I also like their sausage & pepper and meatball sandwiches. However I do find their tomato sauce a bit bland. There is usually a line here for lunch. Locals know it is a good deal. I also like the cannolis and gelato they have at the deli on the other side. They do also serve pizza, lasagna, pasta specials etc. According to the menu on the wall, pizza is only served at certain times (I think after 2:00 PM). Also, if you like Sinatra music etc. you will like this place.

• Visited March 2013
Massachusetts
“Wasn't what we expected”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We read a few reviews on Yelp and thought we'd give it a try, my son said he hasn't had good Chicken Parmigiana since he moved. My husband had the Deli House Special sandwich and said it was pretty good, I had spaghetti and meatballs and it was just okay (it sat in a pool of water in my dish) and the meatballs were very bland. I inquired about the veal parm and was told it's a veal cutlet "patty" No Thank You! My son ordered the Chicken Parm and it was the texture of chicken nuggets......he couldn't even eat it. We didn't complain but left our uneaten food and got the gelato instead, that by the way was delicious. I think the reviews we read were from customers who grew up with this as a family favorite, it's definitely Not what I'm use to.

• Visited May 2013
“Great deli, awful restaurant”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Go there for the Italian deli! Great pizza dough, Italian cold cuts and cheeses, pasta, etc. But beware of expiration dates on the packaged foods.
Don't go there for the restaurant food unless you like gobs of "red" sauce and cheese. Blech.

Visited January 2013
“The most flavor free Italian food ever!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

They must have hidden every spice and the salt and pepper from the chef. Bland, bland, bland. Shop at the Deli, but pass up the restaurant!