“The best pizza ever”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been coming here since i was a kid, i cant seem to find a better tasting pizza,antipasto,garlic bread, in L.A or San Diego other then the one and only Bella Vista. I live now in S.D and always when im in the area i have to stop by i wish they had another location closer to me. I have taken many people there to try the pizza and antipasto and they cant seem to get enough, once you try it i will assure you wouldnt go anywhere else.

There are newer reviews for Tony's Bella Vista Ristorante

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took an out-of-town friend to Bella Vista on a Thusday night about 9 pm.
The main area was full of diners. We sat in a quieter out-of-the way booth, which was fine. The restaurant looks like a 1950 place with little updating.
I ordered ravioli with meat sauce. When the waitress set the plate in front of me, I asked, "Where's the ravioli?" She said, "It's under there." I scraped off what looked like dog food, and there were several large ravioli underneath--very pedestrian. And the galic bread was dry and not even warm...looked like left over from lunch, maybe. I was extrememly disappointed and apologized to my guest, to whom I had promised a good Italian meal. He said, "Don't worry about it...it was OK." But, I was embarrased and will never go there again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We live in the area, and when we want the best pizza around, this is where we go! We have only eaten in one time, and that was very good too.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Go for the pizza! Even the take out pizza isn't as good as in house - and you gotta love the plastic grapes and wood beams decor. But seriously, a delicious pizza!

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Mussels and clams did not taste fresh. Our waiter brought certificate for clams - 5day old catch for clams. Mussels remain of unknown catch day. But she was nice, and  removed seafood from the bill without us even asking about it. Pasta was very so-so as well. :( Maybe good reviews come from pizzas - we didn't try. But not coming back there :/ 1hour later i still have bad aftertaste in my mouth :(