“Food and drinks were very good, service was to slow”
Review of Chevy's Fresh Mex

Chevy's Fresh Mex
Reserve with OpenTable
Chevy's Fresh Mex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 426 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Food and drinks were very good, service was to slow”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We went to this restaurant for a very late afternoon and even though the food was very good we could not believe how slow the service was. When the food finally arirved to the table it came plate by plater rather than everybody at the same time.

• Visited July 2011

Olathe, KS
“One of worst Mexican food experiences ever”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We ate at Chevy's Fresh Mex in Burbank because it was relatively close to the airport and we had some time to kill before our flight - bad idea. The salsa is horrible, and the service not much better. I ordered fajita's and my husband ordered chicken mole enchiladas. The enchiladas were unimpressive, and the fajitas were just plain bad. The steak fajitas were tough and chewy, the onions and peppers crunchy and undercooked, and rice had an odd flavor. The service was also slow and unimpressive - altogether, not a place we intend to visit again on our next trip to the LA area.

• Visited January 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Guilty pleasure - love their chips and salsa”
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Guilty pleasure - love their chips and salsa

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Burbank
“By chance.”
Reviewed March 12, 2008

If it wasn’t for my daughter (5 years of age) insisting on this place I would never have eaten here. It was amazing. The guacamole is made right at your table (fresh). The tortillas are made in the restaurant and in view of the patron’s (as fresh as can be). Our waiter/server was attentive but not hovering over us. I had the “Mixed Grill” and my daughter had the Burrito kid’s dish. The meal tasted fresh, authentic, and home made. Why I haven’t been here before is a shame but I can promise you this. I found a new favorite restaurant. Guess where I am going to dinner tonight?

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This place has gone downhill over the years. I do love the fresh tortillas but everything always seems overcooked which...”
Reviewed January 7, 2008

This place has gone downhill over the years. I do love the fresh tortillas but everything always seems overcooked which leads me to believe it may not be so fresh.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook