“Good dinner for a decent price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bob's Big Boy

Bob's Big Boy
Ranked #2 of 421 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our burgers are six ounces of fresh ground beef served on a grilled bun with French Fries. The "Big Boy" is our original double-decker hamburger. It's two all-beef patties on our grilled sesame seed bun with crisp shredded lettuce, American cheese, dressing, and special relish.Come into Bob’s Big Boy for a scrumptious burger & fries or a refreshingly delicious milkshake. And you can get breakfast from us anytime of the day!
Los Angeles, California
“Good dinner for a decent price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

I have a friend who likes to go to Bob's Big Boy occasionally, and I have been going with him under duress for a few years. HOWEVER, this time, I ordered the chicken and waffles and was pleasantly surprised! It came with a salad that I had yummy honey mustard dressing with, and there was so much fried chicken, I had to take half of it home. The price was something like $12, so you can't beat that! The service was pretty good, and there is plenty of parking out back. Now, I am much more willing to go to Bob's for dinner whenever my friend wants to go.

• Visited July 2014
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Happy to hear you dug the chicken and waffles! We're glad that you'll no longer be coming here under duress ;).

Can't wait to welcome you back,

Burbank, California
“Not Quite The Same!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to Bob's Big Boy for 50 years (at least), and at the risk if being vilified by other reviewers, I just don't think it is as good as it once was. Sorry!

I get the nostalgic vibe, and all that, but whether it's because they are using (cheaper) ingredients, or whatever, it just doesn't taste the same.

4-Stars because it is still Bob's Big Boy, even if it is only just ok!!

Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
While I'm happy you dig our nostalgic vibe, it's disappointing to hear you thought we were only okay this time around. Next time you're in, let us know what we can do to continue to see you for the next 50 years!

Take care,
Carl Junction, Missouri
“Best burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

They were busy and short handed when we were there, but all the waitresses did their best to take care of everyone. And they were all very polite. It was possibly the best burger I've ever had!

Visited July 2014
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Best burger you ever had? We're blushing. Thanks for the great review and hope to see you again soon.

Take care,
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great burgers and shakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Loved eating here with my nephew and son, burgers, fries and shakes just how we like them! Total blast from the past. Service was good and we saw lots of interesting characters :>

Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Happy to hear our burgers, fries, and shakes give you and your family a blast from the past. See you again for another great time!

All the best,
Monterey, California
“First Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was my first time at Bob's Big Boy. I always see pictures of the statue outside and hear friends eating there until finally I was able to see and experience the restaurant first hand.

The restaurant was busy and we were seated promptly. The server was nice. However, when she brought the dishes she said she'll bring mine later as there were a lot of plates. I had to wait five minutes until I got my plate. No biggie.

The food was delicious and I especially like the restaurant's own brand of spice (salt). I had the veggie burger which was delicious!!!

I'd come back here again. A very good place if you're craving for a burger and fries.

Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thrilled you dug your veggie burger! It really means a lot to hear how much you enjoyed your first time in.

See you next time a craving hits,