“Bobs Big Boy Burbank”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Bob's Big Boy

Bob's Big Boy
Ranked #2 of 421 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our burgers are six ounces of fresh ground beef served on a grilled bun with French Fries. The "Big Boy" is our original double-decker hamburger. It's two all-beef patties on our grilled sesame seed bun with crisp shredded lettuce, American cheese, dressing, and special relish.Come into Bob’s Big Boy for a scrumptious burger & fries or a refreshingly delicious milkshake. And you can get breakfast from us anytime of the day!
Running Springs, California
“Bobs Big Boy Burbank”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

It was very crowded & noisy. There was food on the carpet all over and the hamburgers were sloppy & the onion rings under done.

Visited October 2013
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
That's the opposite of how an experience at Bob's Big Boy should go — it's too bad that we were so busy during your visit, as I know that if we had been a little less crowded you would have enjoyed your experience. I'm sorry that your onion rings came out underdone, but if you give us a second shot I know we can make a better impression. Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you decide to return!

Best,

chicgo
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

A very good bang for tour buck! Very fun loving staff dress fits the place do not miss the BIG BOY its a meal in its slef mad the same for over 48 years!! good chichen too!!

• Visited September 2013
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
So happy you think so! I appreciate the review — come back and visit us soon for another Big Boy burger, and bring your appetite!

All the best,
Mike Lopez, General Manager
“looked authentic but disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Unfortunately was disappointed by the greasy burgers and lacklustre fries. The toilets were unclean also.

Visited September 2013
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed, Anne. Greasy burgers and lackluster fries doesn't sound like us at all — we pride ourselves on our fresh ingredients and the fun experience of a trip to Bob's Big Boy. I appreciate you following up with us after your visit, and I know if you decide to return we'll be able to really impress you!

All the best,
Elkton, Maryland
“Classic old-school”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

You can't be a tourist in Burbank without hitting Bob's Big Boy. Neat memorabilia, and old-school setting along with the classic Big Boy fare makes for a nice lunch break while visiting.

• Visited August 2013
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We appreciate you naming us a must-do while visiting Burbank! We're pretty proud of the nostalgic atmosphere and dining experience here, and we'll gladly be your spot to refuel any time you're in town. Thanks for the fantastic review!

Best,

Los Angeles, California
“"Nutritionally Nostalgic"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I found out that this is the oldest Bob's in the country and it wasn't far from where I live. It also has a great classic-car gathering every Friday night in the parking lot under what is probably a defunct car-hop pavilion, and it has a famous booth inside where the Beatles sat when they visited the restaurant back in 1965. So after dropping the kids off for school, I came here for breakfast. Of course I sat in the "Beatle Booth." I was surprised that it was empty and available, and also how few people were in the restaurant during breakfast time. I wondered how the place was doing the rest of the day. I'm guessing a little better because there does appear to be some attempt at providing dishes not generally considered "diner" fare. But I ordered breakfast, and while it was done typically diner style from decades past, I realized why I don't eat at these places much. I got a country fried steak that was unfortunately deep-fried and was overly crisply and greasy. I wish they offered the option of cooking it on a flat grill or in a pan. It's not like they were too busy that I just had to have it with the additional million calories and undesirable texture. Then it was served with 3 eggs. I thought, "I normally would eat one egg for breakfast. Who needs 3 in addition to a deep-fried hunk of meat?" It's just too much, but that's what comes with the CFS along with some home fries and a biscuit. The biscuit was a white-flour, probably lard-laden, puff ball providing no fiber or nutritional value, and that was that. In this day and age, why can't this food be upgraded to contemporary nutritional standards? Make the biscuit with whole grains, cook the steak on the flat top, and make eggs optional. I ordered this particular meal because all the components are things I'm currently working on at home in a healthier manner. And with the plethora of Starbuck's dotting our landscape, you'd think a better cup of coffee would be served at a 21st century Bob's, but no. I don't want to say the place was terrible, it wasn't. It was clean, pleasant, and the waitress was attentive and friendly. The location is also good, but the food is just not great. It's okay, and okay with lots of fat calories and carbs just doesn't make me want to make any habit of it. I might return some day just to take a relative to see this historic little spot, but a restaurant can't sustain for too long into the future if people only eat there once for the novelty, never to return. Something to think about.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RevLovebrew
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't feel our offerings were of much nutritional value, because that's simply no true. There are certainly healthier options on our menu than Country Fried Steak, but I understand that you were in the mood for some diner fare. You should never leave here hungry, but we would have gladly served fewer eggs had you requested it.

Our classic menu is something that many people come by for specifically—and not just once for novelty, but some for generations. The coffee we serve is 100% Colombian coffee, and is actually a favorite among locals and visitors alike. I'm really disappointed that we didn't seem to hit the right notes for you, but I'm glad you enjoyed the nostalgia, atmosphere, and service. I hope that encourages you to visit us again some time.

Take care,