“First place I ever got steak and eggs. And, I still get the craving every once in a while.”
Review of Bob's Big Boy

Bob's Big Boy
Ranked #2 of 424 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our burgers are six ounces of fresh ground beef served on a grilled bun with French Fries. The "Big Boy" is our original double-decker hamburger. It's two all-beef patties on our grilled sesame seed bun with crisp shredded lettuce, American cheese, dressing, and special relish.Come into Bob’s Big Boy for a scrumptious burger & fries or a refreshingly delicious milkshake. And you can get breakfast from us anytime of the day!
Reviewed June 29, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I eat there frequently, love it.”
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I eat there frequently, love it.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Palm Springs, California
“finest hamburger in the entire world... the original american experience.”
Reviewed May 12, 2008

I grew up eating Bobs since 1946.... worked while in school cooking at the Burbank BOBS, which has not changed except for the drivein side in 0ver 60 years.
Its been declared a national monument..... its where the original double deck hamburger was created in 1936...over in Glendale
(No not Mc Donalds as the food channel said)
The took down the plaque on the table where the beatles used to eat nightly.... and you can still see a load of producers directors, actors, locals and on friday Jay Leno dines there..... I fly out on my way as much as 5000 miles to eat there today...
What to they and I know that you dont?

The big boys unique taste is due to a special relish with a hint of garlic and curry and steak sauce tang.... Is not like the franchises in the east that use tarter sauce or thousand... it produces a tangy rich burger, no onions, no tomato, no pickles
just fresh mayo, shreaded lettuce and a slice of tangy sharp Cheddar... on the lettuce not melted to tasteless goo.... With heavy relish its an experience..... it reeks of class... and if you never ate one you would notice the huge difference between all the others..

.In &Out.., Whopper,Big mac, Tommys, Wendys,Carls... are all just copies of each other....all trying to reinvent the wheel..... all putting the same old stuff together... no difference in taste except a char broil....woopie .

Big Boy is far beyond that...its a Saturn V, a Space Shuttle to any other hamburger on earth.... It launches your dormant, abused tastebuds into the stratosphere....and then outter space... and beyond. ( subtile moans the likes of Rachael Rey are heard around the large homey dijning room as pilgrims experience their first Big Boy.. some weep openly at their wasted years)

If you dont like it your taste buds are craving mediocer pablum you have been used to.... The Big Boy will scare you, and you will reailze that you have wasted years of your eating life. Its like after a life time of mush you suddenly discover Steak and Lobster..........
BUT... I am fully aware some peopel love cookies made of dirt ... and perhapse were dropped as a child......... Or as said of London, " If you are tired of London, you are tired of life" the same with these gems .....

A simple menu that has changed a bit over the years but not much...

Here some classic:

the Big Boy.... the regular one not the new giant one, rather order 2....

The Big Boy Combo with fries.... a Vanila or Cherry Coke
And.... order a side of their blue cheese to dip your fries or onion rings in.
a true american venue of the 1950-60s No Catsup please..!!! ( it is rumored that CIA agents used to catch Russian Spies at Bobs... when the put Catsup on their fries or Burger)

Onion Rings.... with a side of blue ( dont be no commie)

Chef Salad

Chili over spaghetti......

Brownies. and Orange donuts

Home made Strawberry pie

Any shake..... thick and made with the real deal
There are other things... true and you can add onions, tomatoes, fried eggs, pineapple, avocado..... but you came to eat a real burger... not a salad bar......... and you might never get another chance. ( a fear I constantly deal with)

I go as often As I can...and as a cook, who worked there, I can say the quality and food is as good as it was when I used to sit down and for 45 cents would order myself a Big Boy as I walked home from church in the 1950's.
I have eaten around the world from the Jungles of Aisia to the 3 stars in Paris... even attending Cordon Bleu of Paris...... never have I had an experience and flavor from a hamburger.... that unique curry tinged tang and the rich sweetness of fries or rings dipped in blue cheese..... Nowhere. on earth... after 60 years of lookin.....

This is a place you go to impress yourself.... and still is.... The place for the finest burger in the world....

5 Thank hawaiidan
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My wife loves it here. It's Bob's, what do you want? It's my childhood now that I think about it!”
Reviewed May 11, 2008