“Great burgers”

Bob's Big Boy
Ranked #3 of 430 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our burgers are six ounces of fresh ground beef served on a grilled bun with French Fries. The "Big Boy" is our original double-decker hamburger. It's two all-beef patties on our grilled sesame seed bun with crisp shredded lettuce, American cheese, dressing, and special relish.Come into Bob’s Big Boy for a scrumptious burger & fries or a refreshingly delicious milkshake. And you can get breakfast from us anytime of the day!
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Definitely a tourist landmark. This place is a throwback to the 50's. Great service and great burgers. We went here for lunch and had to wait maybe 5 minutes but it was worth the wait!

Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We're proud to be such a landmark that both visitors and locals love to frequent. Thanks for letting us know that you're one of them. I hope you'll make it back to this side of the country again soon. We'll be ready with more great food and service.

Take care,

There are newer reviews for Bob's Big Boy

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant hearing nothing but good things from people, honestly it's cute but the chili spaghetti is disgusting! So instead I taught the waitress and cook how to make a poutine to replace my meal! ;) fries gravy and cheese! Yum thanks for replacing my meal with something that's not on the menu! You have made bug bob American history with this Canadian dish

Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Glad you made it by for your first ever visit to Bob's Big Boy! Though I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the chili spaghetti (that's actually a fan favorite!), I'm happy to hear that our staff accommodated you by creating a poutine with your instruction. That kind of service is what we're proud of here. Should you find yourself back in the area, I hope you'll give one of our famous Big Boy burgers a try.

Take care,

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We went here right after the WB Studio Tour as its down the street. The burgers are seasoned to perfection & huge as I could only eat half. They have burger combos that inc. Salad which is nice & their ranch is good as its homemade not that bottled stuff. They also offer vanilla coke & even diet coke if you ask. It was a great experience. We will be back.

Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

There's no better way to refuel after a studio tour than a Big Boy Burger! Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed everything about your visit with us. That's exactly the kind of thing we love to hear, and what I want you to expect every time. Stop in again soon!

Best,

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went on a Friday, and boy was it busy! However they gave us a pager, which meant we could look at all the classic cars in the parking lot (the reason for the crowds). We had been told the wait was 1 hour, but were summoned after half that time. This is a great venue and the atmosphere was buzzing, which made the mediocrity of the food all the more disappointing. The service was quick and efficient, but why anyone would go just for the food escapes me. I had the "iconic" Bob's Big Boy burger with fries, and it wasn't nearly as good as In N Out burgers. None of the other dishes my family ate stood out in any way.Maybe the fact that it was so busy caused this, but I'm afraid I won't be back to find out. However there were plenty of locals there, and I assume they wouldn't go unless they liked it, so maybe it was just me.

Philip M, Mike Lopez, General Manager at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

I am sorry if you and your family weren't more impressed with our food, Nigel. We work hard to be better than average and take a lot of pride in our famous recipes—our Bob's Big Boy Burger is iconic for a reason! In any case, we take your comments seriously. Would you mind letting me know how you think the food could have been more stand-out? We're always looking to improve and appreciate any feedback you bring to the table.

Hope to hear back from you! Thanks for sharing earlier this week and take care.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Dear Bob
It is with great pity that I have to write a review on such an iconic institution !
My wife andI traveled from Australia and I convinced her that we had to go to Bobs Bigboy burgers in Burbank and try the American burger and atmosphere at this iconic burger joint.

Boy am I in big trouble now!
I now have to spend today shopping to make up for this big let down.

This place is very tired , the food is very average , the atmosphere is tied , the staff are tied.

So Bob maybe it's time!

Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I'm really sorry that we left you two so disappointed, Steve. Our atmosphere is typically pretty lively, and our burgers have stood the test of time for a reason. Perhaps you hit us on an uncharacteristic off-day, and for that, I apologize. We love serving up our iconic burgers to out-of-the-country visitors, and I'm sorry if we let you down. Should you ever return, I hope you'll let us make it up to you.

Take care, mate!