“Time to call it a day Bob!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bob's Big Boy

Bob's Big Boy
Ranked #2 of 421 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our burgers are six ounces of fresh ground beef served on a grilled bun with French Fries. The "Big Boy" is our original double-decker hamburger. It's two all-beef patties on our grilled sesame seed bun with crisp shredded lettuce, American cheese, dressing, and special relish.Come into Bob’s Big Boy for a scrumptious burger & fries or a refreshingly delicious milkshake. And you can get breakfast from us anytime of the day!
Brisbane, Australia
“Time to call it a day Bob!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Dear Bob
It is with great pity that I have to write a review on such an iconic institution !
My wife andI traveled from Australia and I convinced her that we had to go to Bobs Bigboy burgers in Burbank and try the American burger and atmosphere at this iconic burger joint.

Boy am I in big trouble now!
I now have to spend today shopping to make up for this big let down.

This place is very tired , the food is very average , the atmosphere is tied , the staff are tied.

So Bob maybe it's time!

Visited July 2013
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I'm really sorry that we left you two so disappointed, Steve. Our atmosphere is typically pretty lively, and our burgers have stood the test of time for a reason. Perhaps you hit us on an uncharacteristic off-day, and for that, I apologize. We love serving up our iconic burgers to out-of-the-country visitors, and I'm sorry if we let you down. Should you ever return, I hope you'll let us make it up to you.

Take care, mate!

“A Nostalgic Quick Bite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've never been to a Big Boy. Not sure if I've seen one in the Northeast. We just arrived here after a long, cross country trip so while my wife was resting I took a walk around Burbank. On this Friday night there was a car show in the lot with some very cool "muscle cars" and a ton of families waiting to get in. That 1950s look is what drew me in - plus I was getting hungry not having had a decent meal all day while traveling. So I took a chance and grabbed a seat at the counter.

The server was prompt and efficient. I ordered just a hamburger - no cheese or mayo which I was surprised I could do since it seemed to be "off menu" and constituted a special order. No problem though. The diet coke, icy cold with crushed ice hit the spot.

A side salad was delivered quickly. It was fresh but not necessarily inspiring - which is alright given the venue. My burger was medium - which was a huge plus in a busy place like this. It wasn't the best burger I've ever had but it was darn good. I had a nice meal here and a good time. It reminded me of the "Happy Days" show I watched when I was a kid. It was worth the visit.

• Visited June 2013
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I'm glad you happened upon us during your walk around Burbank. How lucky that it was a Friday night, too! Our class car show draws in some pretty big crowds, but we make sure that our service still doesn't miss a beat. Thanks for giving us a try and enjoying the nostalgic feel that we're proud to provide as the oldest Bob's Big Boy left standing. Come across the country and see us again some time!

Best,

UK
“Typically nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Typical American diner with usual menu. Service and food was good, prices reasonable. Clean and tidy with a nice friendly atmosphere and gentle buzz about the place. Even saw a movie B Lister in there. Would recommend.

Visited July 2012
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
You never know who you're going to run into here. We see quite a few celebrities from every list come by to dine here, as a matter of fact. I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere here and had a great meal. Stop by to see us again soon, and thanks for the great recommendation!

Best regards,

Mike Lopez, General Manager
“For the food and the history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a historic restaurant. The Beatles ate here in 1965. (There's a plaque in the restaurant.) So I had to visit here and I enjoyed it. Had a salad and it was great. Recommended.

Visited June 2013
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We appreciate you coming by for a bit of nostalgia and a great meal, Steve! Your recommendation is much appreciated, and I hope this first visit encourages many more in the future. There's still plenty on our menu for you to try. Thanks again for the kind words! Best regards - Mike Lopez, General Manager
Diss
“Bob sure knows his burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was our inaugural meal on holiday. The restaurant was busy on Saturday evening but the service was prompt and friendly. We opted for the original Big Boy burgers and they sure were juicy and delicious. Needless to say the portions were big.

• Visited May 2013
Philip M, Franchisor at Bob's Big Boy, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thanks for checking us out while you were in town! I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your meal, and that the service was prompt and friendly on a busy evening. That's the type of visit we always strive for. I hope you make us a destination for your next trip out this way. Thanks for sharing your experience here!

Best regards,