“Good Breakfast at a Timeless Classic”
Review of Bob's Big Boy

Bob's Big Boy
Ranked #3 of 427 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our burgers are six ounces of fresh ground beef served on a grilled bun with French Fries. The "Big Boy" is our original double-decker hamburger. It's two all-beef patties on our grilled sesame seed bun with crisp shredded lettuce, American cheese, dressing, and special relish.Come into Bob’s Big Boy for a scrumptious burger & fries or a refreshingly delicious milkshake. And you can get breakfast from us anytime of the day!
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Good Breakfast at a Timeless Classic”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Getting tired of the same "free" continental breakfast at the hotel? Head to Bob's Big Boy. Old school, retro vibe. Decent service. Standard hot breakfast fare, but everything was hot and tasty- pancakes, eggs, coffee, and sides. A good value for Burbank.

• Visited April 2013

Worthing, United Kingdom
“timeless”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

whenever I return or even think about returning to Hollywood I look forward to BBB. Timeless feel of 50's styling, reminds me of my very young years - and with the real thing, forget the golden arches... now my kids love it too.

• Visited March 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Always good food and a good time! Love this place.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

At times it's hard to get in - but well worth the wait! My favorite place to eat when in Burbank - I always make sure I stop in. Reminds me of my younger days and how good it was to go out to eat with my family. Everything is so-o-o good, the breakfast dishes and of course as always the famous "Bob's Big Boy Burger and a shake!

Visited November 2012
Cuenca, Ecuador
“70 Foot High Neon Sign of a Classic”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Whether it's taking out of area guests to see the sights, doing business with friends, or taking my Sweet Polly Purebred out on the town, Bob's Big Boy is hard to beat. The post World War II era nolstalgia factor hits the eyeballs the moment one gets within a block of the place - that seventy foot high neon sign is hard to miss as you're driving down Riverside Drive - and the memories of one's younger years continue as one parks under the old drive in canopied area and enters the restaurant itself, lovingly restored since 1993. Before entering, we said "hi!" to Bob outside, who looked, as always, rather ceramic and painted.

Seating for us was quick, with service to boot. The menu isn't quite as extensive as it has been in the last several years, but still includes all the usual Big Boy favorites like chili and spaghetti size, shakes made in the old fashioned silver tin goblet (huge!) various sandwiches, and, of course, the Big Boy hamburger - which is what I ordered with fries. My Sweet Polly Purebred ordered the Philly Tri-Trip sandwich, which looked larger than my Big Boy sandwich. A good deal for her. She substituted the french fries - which were somewhat on the hard, crunchy side in my case - with some cottage cheese, and took the cole slaw instead of the salad.

Our order came speedily enough. . . the place wasn't jumpin' with business this trip. A rare slow period here I usually don't experience. Our waitress was friendly and personable. . . as are many of the customers here. Always a great people watching spot, no matter whether you're in the entertainment biz or not.

The food was hot, and the cole slaw and cottage cheese came in round ceramic dishes that were appropriately sized. Cold and fresh. I got a toothpick in my Big Boy to keep it all together. Nice to see the lettuce, finely shredded, stick with the sandwich like it's supposed to. I hankered for a bite of my Sweet Polly Purebred's tri-tip sandwich, and it was delicious. Food portions were what we were hoping for. . . not too much, but not too small. Not the best bang for the buck in Burbank overall, but factoring in the nolstalgia factor, not a bad deal.

The place became more alive and inviting when Bob shed his ceramic, painted self and - via the talents of a costumed silent actor wearing a "Bob's Big Boy" costume - walked the sidewalk outside, beckoning motorists and passerby to come on in! I had not seen this happen here before. Much to my surprise, Bob came inside to say "hello" with a friendly handshake to us and surrounding diners. Guess he read my mind. Memorable memories remembered. . . and made once again. Thanks, Bob, and Bob's Big Boy!

• Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hamburgers are yummy. The fries look plain but they're delicious. The wait wasn't that long. The service was good.

Visited March 2013