See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We knew this was a do it yourself accommodation, limited housekeeping, no staff after 7pm or Sundays. However, we were plagued by tiny beetles in the room, lumpy beds and intruding housekeepers. There is no lock on the inside of the door so you are at the mercy of anyone with a key. The kitchen was great, best part of the stay. Otherwise very disappointing. Bad lighting in room, torn up lampshades and weary furniture but clean other than the beetles.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank PiratesAtLarge
Reviewed March 30, 2010

i originally booked 5 nights here through hotels.com at a great rate basically 1/2 of what you see advertised.

the place has been remodled in sw mexican baja cottage style...being from the east coast i found it unique and charming....

my stay got extended 2 additional week and my wife and 14 yo son joined me.

we all love this place

no it is not a 5 star resort, it is extended stay....furnished apartments. you have to wash you own dishes and make your own bed...

super convient walk to the best mexican resturant ive ever eaten at "picquoto mas", cvs, grcery, chinees rest, mcdonalds,7-11+++++more all in walking distance.

i stayed at the 2021 w olive location..they have another locaTION ON W OLIVE that has not been remodeled yet and does not have hated pool.

j myers tampa florida

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jmyerstampaflorida
Reviewed December 5, 2009

We were looking a cheap option in LA and besides Motel 6 types places in Torrence and Culver City or one very seedy looking Hollywood option this is what we ended up with. We stayed a total of 7 nights. We found the staff (particularly the manager) to be very helpful and friendly and went out their way a few times to help out. The room itself was pretty basic but it had a kitchen which was great (not flash but then we were eating out every night anyway) and despite this is was pretty cosy. Free internet worked great and was a nice perk (especially after paying $20 a day in Vegas). Location is perfect, very very handy to the freeways, Universal city and Hollywood.

I think the key thing with this place is don't expect anything amazing. It is good cheap accommodation in an amazing location. It's a place to sleep and spend some down time but really if you're travelling and spending all your time in hotels there's something wrong with your approach and it's even worse if you're travelling on bottom dollar and expect a lot - be realistic. We would definently go back without a second thought and have recommended to many.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2009

The place is a dump, very dirty and the staff lied about providing internet service. They tell you you will have internet when they know full well they can not supply it to all the guest at one time. They even tried to blame my computer and later admitted they know they have a problem. I wasted hours attempting to log on to their internet. Their staff is rude and stated they were not going to do anything about the problems. Pool was not heated it was colder then ice. So we left and found a real nice place down the road called the Safari.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank FirepowerCa
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Dont stay here! OMG! I wish I had read the other reviews! It is sooo dirty! My mother and I were so disgusted that we didn't care how much we spent and ended up leaving to stay at the Universal Hilton for twice the price and sooo worth it! My mothers nose was burning from the dust and mold. The sheets were dirty and it looked like the hotel from Psycho! The doors were not secure looking at all either! We left and are still disputing charges! We didn't even stay the first night, we just couldn't stomache this dump! DON"T STAY! The person who said the street was better was right! Your car would be better for sure!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family