See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 10, 2017

Stayed here as an overnight for business. Checked in, went up to the room and upon opening the door was hit instantly by the smell of cigarette smoke. Disgusting! The non-smoking room I'd booked smelled like an ashtray! They even had a placard on the kitchen counter that said" Welcome to your SMOKE FREE ROOM". When I mentioned it to the person at the counter they said they were completely booked and did nothing to accommodate me in any way. Also, they didn't even have cups or glasses in the room! I had to go back downstairs to get a simple plastic cup! They have a full kitchen but no cup? WTF? Suffice to stay, this hotel can not be trusted to even keep a non-smoking room clean and not smell like a carton of cigarettes had been smoked in there just hours before you arrivedI You could almost feel the nicotine lingering, permeating everything in the room. Gave me a headache. Whoever cleaned this room should have alerted someone and done something about it. But no! I will never stay at this chain of hotels again. BEWARE!

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank spring_roll_city
Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

Booked a King room. Had my confirmation that said King. I paid more for the Rez by selecting king over queen. It was prepaid. Put me in a smelly Queen without saying they'd downgraded me. Tried to turn on the light by the bed so I could see the phone. The light didn't work. Tried to use the phone, the phone didn't work. Went downstairs. Sold out of kings even tho I had one reserved. Said they could move me the next day but I'd have to pay about 15% more ....even tho I already paid more. WORST customer service. I do not recommend this hotel at any price!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank 18583son
Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

I have been staying here on-off with my mom & brother for about a month. I live at the 2600 Olive building that has slightly larger living spaces. The rustic Spanish themed rooms are charming and well furnished, but aren't lit well enough! The pool at this building is not heated either and so is rendered useless in the colder months. Our shower also drips to no end and there's no dishwasher. Heater does its job well. No noise issues except for traffic on Olive directly out the bathroom and kitchen windows. Absolutely no problems with owner or other residents. Always spots available in the residents-only lot out back. I would recommend this spot to people who are looking for convenient weekly/monthly pricing but not the permanence of an apartment.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2015

I want to let you know how much I appreciate the friendly and quick
service your front desk folks and the maintenance man have given me. I
am especially pleased with how quickly and courteously the few minor
problems I've had, have been fixed.
Carol Welsh

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled solo
2  Thank ThirtyOne49
Reviewed January 21, 2015 via mobile

As Lynda says in her post 2 back: somehow I think that people are reviewing this hotel when in fact they aren't.
This hotel is fantastic. Busy on the Olive side, alley on the other. The only thing we heard was the occasional ambulance. Clean, cozy, very home-like feeling.
Simply put, I'd recommend this to anyone that doesn't care about staying at a NON 5 star expensive hotel.

Stayed: January 2015, traveled on business