“Clean Room and a great value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Safari Inn
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
GreenLeadersBronze level
gainesville
“Clean Room and a great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

The room was clean. Some previous reviews mentioned the hot water not being hot. We had no problem with that at all. There is a continental breakfast which was mini muffins, mini bagels, danishes and bread for toast. If you want more than that you might want to do something else for breakfast. We did the continental breakfast a few mornings.
There is a heated pool, which the kids would enjoy. The hotel is in a quiet area of Burbank. And there is a drug store and some fast food restaurants within walking distance. The only drawback to this hotel would be that the parking lot is a little small and in the evenings it can be a full parking lot. I would definately stay again at the Safari Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank gogatorsGainesville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2009

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for a hotel that’s fairly close to Hollywood. My friend and I were on a tight budget, but the only hotels we could afford IN Hollywood were really sketchy. Someone suggested we look in Burbank, and I’m so glad we did. The Safari Inn, which is only about 5 or 6 miles from the heart of Hollywood, is simple and clean. No frills, but a good place to crash if you don’t plan on spending a lot of time in your room. The vending machines didn’t work properly while we were there, but that just was a minor annoyance. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel’s bistro (Olives) wasn’t great, but it was acceptable for a no fuss meal. I would definitely stay there again.

Point of interest: There’s a great little doughnut shop just down the street from the Safari Inn called the Donut Prince (turn left out of the hotel parking lot). Nice little place if you just want to grab a quick pastry and some coffee.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
valeree
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

Stayed Feb 2009 As a couple of mom's taking a few days off from our husbands and kids, we did alot of internet research to get a good, reasonable room close to Warner Bros. We were very pleased with our choice! We were a little early arriving but the front desk contacted housekeeping and they had a room ready for us in only a few minutes. It's an older building so the rooms are bigger than at newer inns. The room was well-kept with two comfortable beds. It was cheerfully painted and decorated .

The front desk recommended the Olive Bistro next door in their sister hotel Annabella so we tried it for lunch. Loved it!

THE MOST IMPRESSIVE PART OF OUR STAY: We had gone to a Friday night TV Show taping at Warner Brothers, a short drive from the hotel. We got back to the room sometime between 9:30 and 10:00 and after a few minutes realized our toilet would not quit running. On calling the front desk, they advised the person that would normally fix it had already left for the night but they would try and reach him. A few minutes later they called to tell us someone would be by in about 20 minutes. As promised, a fellow came to our door and told us he was there to take a look. After a few minutes in the bathroom he came out and said he needed a part. I immediately thought we'd just have to tough it out for the night as it was getting late but he assured us he'd run to home depot and be back. It wasn't long and he was in and out of the room again leaving us with a quiet, run-free biffy. Outstanding!

Continental Breafast: Bagels, toast, muffins, coffee tea and juice. Nothing fancy.

POOL: We didn't use the pool as we were out all day. We likely wouldn't have anyway as it is infront of the hotel parallel to the street. Kids and those who are not self-concious in a swim suit likely wouldn't mind.

I should note, although the hotel is on a main road , it was very quiet on a Friday night. There was not alot of traffic and a I did not hear any street noise during the night. I will definately stay here again as a base for sightseeing either as another getaway or with my family.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
western Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2009

While visiting my son for a week in February, I stayed at the Safari Inn in Burbank, CA. After doing much research online prior to my trip for hotels, location, price, etc. I decided on the Safari Inn, and I was so glad I did. I was very happy with the room (I stayed 2 nights) as it was close to where my son is living while spending his college semester in LA. Also very close to Burbank. Very easy access to anywhere.

The room was clean, the staff were very friendly, beds quite comfortable and an excellent shower. The only drawback was how small the parking lot was (there were 2 large pick up trucks parked in the lot) and it was hard to find a spot and drive through. Luckily I found one both nights and even if I had to park on the street, I felt very safe. I would definitely stay here again if I'm back in the Burbank area. Thank you for making my stay a pleasant one.

Great '60s retro hotel. I felt like I was in my 20s again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
San Marcos, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

My SO and I decided to attend the Rose Parade on New Years Day with friends and couldn't find anything reasonable for New Year's Eve in Pasadena. We were happy to find this inexpensive motel in Burbank, just a short drive away. The room was clean and comfortable, and had a refrigerator for our champagne. The continental breakfast wasn't fancy but it was satisfactory. The retro decor in the lobby was cute and the sign outside was fabulous! Parking is tight but the property shares a lot with the motel across the street, so free off-street parking can be found. Enjoy this little slice of Americana!

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Limited parking
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
Fairfax, Va.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2008

We were departing Burbank airport early so we spent the prior night at the Safari Inn. The staff was very pleasant and the room was clean. There is WiFi, but the cable TV seemed to have only a few channels. There was a small swimming pool that was being used during this unusual California heat wave, but we arrived too late to use it. They provide complimentary shuttle service to and from the nearby airport using the airport shuttle or taxi. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience during this short visit.

Stayed October 2008
stockton, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2008

It has taken me a long time to write this review, but I finally decided to do it because I had members of my family who have stayed here independently of us discussing where they will stay later this month on their next visit to Burbank. They won't be staying here again, either.
The hotel has a great neon sign, the decor is great, but little else was great about this hotel. The room wasn't clean- the carpet was gross, the bathroom wasn't clean, the room smelled stale, and there were stains on the furniture. The beds were extremely uncomfortable! We felt that the beds were not only cheap but extremely old and broken down. Parking left a lot to be desired as well. They did have an elevator, which was a plus. Breakfast left a lot to be desired- we paid to eat somewhere else.
We have stayed in Burbank quite a few times since we stayed at the Safari Inn, and have never returned...even when we could save a LOT of $$$- it just wasn't worth it.

• Liked — The neon sign
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Coast Anabelle Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,848 reviews
Hotel Amarano Burbank
Hotel Amarano Burbank
#5 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Safari Inn? Share your experiences!