“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Newfoundland
“Great location”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We selected the Safari Inn because of its location and because my wife wanted to try it out. Well, we weren't disappointed.

The staff were great, the location was excellent and close to a few amenities. It is a good walk to the studios, but the neighbourhoods seem good on the way there. We were given a room on the front of the hotel and while I did hear road noise during rush hour it was not bad.

The restaurant and ba. Photos you see are from a sister hotel just across the street. No big deal but just good to know. Breakfast was fast, very good, and reasonably priced.

I also did not realize upon booking that this hotel is owned by a small Canadian based chain called Coast hotels, as is the sister hotel just across the street.

I had two complaints about the hotel and provided these comments to them in a survey they sent after checkout. The sofa was very worn and in need of replacement and the cleaner they used in the room had a unique odour. It didn't seem that they were trying to cover any other odours and it wasn't that the cleaner smell was offensive, I actually liked knowing that the room had been cleaned. Just the smell was pretty strong, but you did get used to it. My comments were heard my management and an appropriate response was made. I really appreciate that they took time to respond!

I would not hesitate to stay at the Safari Inn if in California again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Safari Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your detailed feedback. It's great to hear such thorough comments regarding your stay with us. We are always looking for ways to improve and take all guest remarks into consideration. We pride ourselves on providing a clean and comfortable environment along with excellent service to match. The happiness of each guest is very important to us and we strive to ensure they come and go with a smile every time. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
La Mesa, California
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Other than than the front sign needing a little paint, that's about the only non-positive thing I can say about the place. It is technically a motel since the rooms open to the parking lot and there are no inside corridors, but going from your room to your car any time is not an issue as it is in a very safe, well patrolled mostly residential part of town. Also, after assurances about the neighborhood from the front desk staff, we walked to a restaurant a mile away fairly late at night and did not feel uncomfortable at all. The rooms were clean and immaculate with high-quality body wash and shampoo dispensers in the shower. Good pressure and as much hot water as you wanted, and the shower/plumbing was quiet in the other room (when others were sleeping), especially with the door closed. We have been in some expensive places that were *very* noisy whenever another room ran water. The refrigerator was very cold after we turned the thermostat down. Contrary to what some others have said, we heard no street noise at all in our rooms at night. Both a maid and front desk clerk offered assistance unrequested when we had a minor issue figuring out our door keys, and when I tried to get to the sun deck before it was actually open! One thing I will warn you about are the two double beds. My wife and I normally sleep in a king at home and do not have a problem with a queen if necessary when travelling. Our son was with us so we got the two doubles, he took one and we found they are just a bit too small for two - for us, anyway. Certainly not the hotel's fault, but be aware. No issues with the free wireless internet. 5 to 10 minute drive to Universal studios. Pool was clean. Exercise room and laundry looked okay but did not use them. There is a microwave in the laundry if you want to make some popcorn, etc. Flat screen TV not overly impressive, but we didn't really go there to watch TV. Bottom line - we will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words! It's wonderful to hear that your first time at our hotel was a positive one. We always want every guest to feel welcome and enjoy all aspects of their stay while visiting the area. Our goal is to provide the best of everything from cleanliness to comfort and of course superior service. The happiness of our guests is of the utmost importance and we truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to having you at our hotel in the future!
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I just stayed at the Safari Inn for two weeks and had a wonderful time! The hotel staff is wonderful and any request is taken care of immediately and with great pleasure. Families seemed so happy with their stay. I was alone and the staff went out of their way to make sure that I was ok and comfortable. Olive staff that took my order for room service were friendly and suggested replacement items when I asked something to be left off the meal. Always friendly and smiling! The food is very good, well presented and reasonable even for room service! The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and what I really like is that the bedspread are changed with all the bedding! I have never found this anywhere else! It makes it all so clean knowing that no one else has been changing babies diapers or anything else on those bed covers! The staff are always friendly and are genuinely concerned that you are happy with everything during your stay! I recommend The Safari Inn to everyone!

Room Tip: I did not rate the spa, as I did not use it. I am sure it would have been wonderful if I had. Very b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Safari Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks! It is truly gratifying to hear a guest leave such positive comments regarding their stay. We strive to ensure each and every guest enjoys their stay with us from the moment they step onto our property until they check-out. Our goal is to provide all the comforts a guest would desire and a little extra. We focus on greatness and look to achieve excellence with all guests. The cleanliness of our hotel is one of the many things we place a high priority on as is customer service. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!
Woodland, Washington
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Pool is close to the road, but because of the stone wall the sound was not able to ruin our pool experience. Staff arranged a tour for us and we had a wonderful time doing what they suggested. We ate several meals in the Olive bistro and found the staff delightful, food well presented and reasonably priced. We are seasoned travelers and rarely enjoy hotel/motel food. We kept going back because we felt ...why try something different and be disappointed and feel ripped off. I have many allergies including preservatives so i have trouble eating out when "on the road". No allergic reactions in five days...that means they make most items by scratch and/or purchase good quality ingredients. It could not have been a better stay. Not new, not fancy...but clean, tidy, fantastic staff with great attitudes. We even met a couple from Denmark that stays at the sister hotel next door, in a suite...for three months Every year FOR THE LAST EIGHT YEARS! The management is doing something right to encourage that level of loyalty. It will not wow you with fancy decor and furniture, but it is clean with good water pressure. With all there is to do in the area we felt the low price of the Safari Inn allowed us to spend the money we saved...on entertainment!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Safari Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks! It is truly gratifying to hear such wonderful feedback from a guest. We take pride in ensuring every guest is satisfied with their stay from the moment they step onto our property until they check-out. Your compliments regarding the Bistro will be forwarded to the Restaurant Manager as well as the rest of the staff. Thank you once more for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Carmichael, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While the rooms are very clean and well-maintained, the noise coming through the thin walls is annoying. Our last of three nights at the Safari was also eventful -- we found ourselves caught in the middle of a police action when a motel guest started screaming and loudly walking the outside hallway after midnight. It took several Burbank police officers with drawn guns to subdue him in an event that lasted approximately two hours. Although this was not the fault of the motel, it does point out the concerns of staying at lodging with all rooms exposed to the street.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a corner room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We would like to apologize for the incident that occurred during your stay. We take the safety of our guests very seriously and at no time do we condone such behavior. Thank you once more for your feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us.
lehighton, pa
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Calling this place a "dumpster" would be an insult to the dumpster. The beds are horrible. The sheets, etcetera were very cheaply made. I would give it zero stars, and that would be a compliment. Almost everything we asked for, they told us to go to CVS? They told us we could have breakfast at the hotel next-door. Or a place across the street. Make sure you get a room near the ice machine. If you stay in 201, be prepared, there is only one ice machine, and it's on the complete other end of the hotel on the first floor. DO NOT SLEEP HERE.

Room Tip: Down the street. Any street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thisisnumerouno
We take every guest comment and/or opinion very seriously. We thank you for yours and although we whole heartedly disagree with several of the comments you have made, we are certain many of our previous guests do as well. We take great pride in the satisfaction of each and every guest as we strive daily to achieve this with everyone that walks through our doors. Thank you.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I found a good deal online for this motel and I thought I try it. It was situated close to the Disney studios so I felt it was a good choice. I stayed there for a few days and it was perfect timing as the weather in Burbank was a cool 65 degrees. I was greated by a very friendly staff and explained the amenities that they offer. The room was not exactly what I booked online but it wasn't too disappointing so I took it. The room was clean and I saw that the pool was well-maintained. The place was just right for my visit so I wouldn't mind coming back to this motel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
SafariInn818, Front Office Manager at Safari Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We're glad to hear your overall stay was enjoyable. The happiness of our guests is always a priority and we do our best to ensure each one comes and leaves with a smile. We focus on cleanliness and comfort as well as providing superior customer service. Thank you once more for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Holiday Inn Burbank
Central L.A
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Portofino Inn Burbank
#13 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Safari Inn? Share your experiences!