I stay at Marriott brand properties whenever I can and have learned to expect them all to maintain the highest standards. Only the degree of amenities varies among the brands, but within each brand, I expect eveything to be up to the standards of that brand. I have stayed at dozens of Marriott brand hotels and had never had anything go wrong until my recent stay at the Burbank Airport Courtyard,
1) The hotel is under renovation, but this fact was noted on the Marriott webpage, so I phoned the hotel to ask about the renovations and was accurately informed that they were taking place only in certain parts of the hotel and that I would be in a suite away from the work.
2) When I phoned, I asked if the suite included a bedroom which was separated from the rest of the unit by a door and was told that it was separated by a door.
3) When my companion and I arrived at the reservation desk, the clerk told us that there were no suites available. I told him that I would go to my car and bring back my confirmation for a suite. Before I could turn around, he told me that they had a suite available, but that it had not yet been cleaned (at 4 p.m.). He then picked up the telephone, listened for a moment and told me that the suite was ready. I wanted to make sure that it had a separate bedroom and asked him if it did. He told me that it did not, that it was just a large room. At this point, I no longer believed anything he was saying and asked to see the suite.
4) When I arrived at the newly-renovated suite, it turned out that there was a separate bedroom, but that the entry to it was simply a walkway, without a door, and it was clear that it would be left this way, as it was obvious that the renovations to this unit had been finished and there was no indication of moldings on which a door would be hung.
We took the unit despite the inconvenience of incomplete privacy, as that was the easiest thing to do at this point.
It was clear to me that the hotel had overbooked its suites and that the desk clerk had been trying to get me to take a regular room.
5) We noticed that the refrigerator was unplugged and was too heavy to move, so we called the desk clerk who had it plugged in by a staff member while we went to a nearby restaurant for dinner.
6) When we returned after dinner and shopping, and were ready to go to bed, it turned out that although the heat in the living room worked, the brand new bedroom heater produced no heat, only cold air. As it was too late at night for us to be bothered with having the bedroom heater repaired, we did without heat in the bedroom for the night and in the morning asked the hotel to repair it. They did so and we had heat in the bedroom our second night.
7) Upon my request at checkout, the hotel, much to its credit, made an adjustment to my bill for the lack of heat the first night.
8) The hotel is at one end of a very large shopping mall with dozens of stores and restaurants including an excellent, very reasonably priced, buffet restaurant and a large chain store which included a pharmacy.
9) Our suite faced the large courtyard of the U-shaped hotel and we were not disturbed by any train or road noise, although we did hear the noise of the next-door guests through the insufficiently sound-proofed connecting doors between the living room and the neighbors' room.
10) I would not stay here again due to all of the problems, none of which was major, but none of which should have been present in a Marriott brand hotel. I am glad that this hotel is the only exception that I have encounted to the usually perfect experience of Marriott brand hotels.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Los Angeles Burbank Airport Hotel Burbank
- Courtyard Burbank
- Burbank Courtyard
- Burbank Marriott