“Nice hotel, easy access to Universal City”

Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed September 3, 2013

For me, Marriott properties always are clean and well run, and this is no exception. Compared to prices for other hotels I have used in this area, this hotel is a great value. I have paid higher prices for hotels that are kind of scary and left me feeling ripped off, but the room rate here was very reasonable.
There are a number of decent restaurants nearby, and a number of stores that are very close. It is convenient to Interstate 5 and pretty close to 134/101, so it is pretty easy to get anywhere quickly. There was no charge for parking (some other hotels in the area hit you pretty hard to park), and the breakfast we ate at the hotel (made to order omelettes) was great. Overall, a very solid value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BURCY, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Blake B:
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to Burbank. We are excellently located to many area attractions and are very proud to provide the level of service expected from the Marriott brand. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back should your travels bring you to Burbank again!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean and comfortable! I have stayed here many times on business and never been disappointed. The rooms are nice and clean. Bed is very comfortable. Restaurant is very good. Good value on a great place. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DWilliams2013

Dear DWilliams2013:
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Burbank and thank you for the wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that you have a great stay each time you visit Burbank. We look forward to continue being of service to you and welcoming you back!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

so I stayed in this hotel twice in a week - Sunday and Tuesday. Both times the hotel was just OK..barely. First stay the front desk sent us to a restaurant that is closed on Sunday and closed the hotel bar an hour before the published time. The room was loud, so on my check out I asked for a quieter room on a higher floor Tuesday - no problem I was told. On Tuesday when I checked back in, I was given a ground floor room right next to the hotel laundry, and was told 'that was all they had'....sigh. So the room was loud, the laundry seems to be the home of the 'hotel staff shouting competition' as well as early morning delivery to the hotel. Now is this a TERRIBLE hotel? No, of course not. But there are SO many better choices in Burbank - the Tangerine and the Amarano spring to mind. So if you're stuck here by your company you'll be fine. If you have the chance to pick...I suggest you pick somewhere else.

Room Tip: Not sure there is one!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear EnglishLight:
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Burbank. I apologize that your stay didn't meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on excellent service and it seems that you did not receive it. We appreciate that you bring this to our attention so that we can address and learn from your experience. While there are several choices in the Burbank area, we hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I agree that this property is a really solid value and much better alternative to the Marriott. I stayed here for one night near our company's office. It's great to have so many eateries and a Target nearby - you never know if you need something. I like the convenience of not having to pay for parking and that I can park on the side of the building closest to my room.

I requested a room on the first floor for convenience and the front desk staff, Janifer, was very accommodating. I found the room to be very clean all around. There's something to be said when the sheets don't just smell like bleach. The room was smartly decorated but not overbearing at all. I could easily stay here for a longer period if time, if needed.

Overall the quality is great and I will choose this property again when I'm back in Burbank.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Irene W
BURCY, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear irieisle:
Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We pride ourselves in providing quality service and a clean and updated facility. I will make sure to share your positive review with Janifer! We look forward to welcoming you again when you're back in Burbank!

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a great place to stay in a very nice location. The price is very reasonable for the Los Angeles area. Many restaurants and sores within walking distance. We will definitely be returning here again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Johnandjoanne1971:

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Our great location does make us an attractive choice, with dining, shopping, and attractions nearby. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Burbank!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a very good property located within the Burbank Empire Center complex of stores and numerous types of restaurants (Olive Garden, Outback, Hometown Buffet, Subway, Starbucks and Krispy Kreme to name a few). Although the hotel says it is close to the Burbank Airport, there is NO hotel shuttle that provides free transportation from the airport to the hotel. That said, in my opinion, this is a much better property and much less expensive than the Marriott at the Burbank Airport. This hotel has FREE parking and free high speed internet service. They also have beautiful grounds with a fire pit and sitting area that include a nice pool and spa hidden within the interior courtyard of the hotel and away from the noise of a large complex. The hotel lobby is newly remodeled, equipped with a free business center, large map with information on area restaurants and activities, a dining area meal for breakfast (fresh eggs or an omelet made to your specifications) as part of a buffet. In the evening, there is a lounge in addition to the dining area that serves alcohol, soft drinks and a limited menu if you are worn out from sightseeing or work.
As for the staff, they were excellent and greeted me by name when I was walking in or out of the hotel. Check in time from start to finish was less than 5 minutes, as there were three people working the front desk counter when I arrived. My two rooms were typical Courtyard, clean with very comfortable beds and refrigerators in both. The room furnishings were clean and did not show any excess wear. The hotel is located close to I-5, about a 15 minute ride to Universal Studio's, Disney or Warner Brothers and about 35 minutes to Hollywood during non-rush hour travels. BTW, we never experienced any noise from either the airport aircraft or the freeway traffic! Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and courtyard
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pftambur
BURCY, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear pftambur:
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the many services we offer. We pride ourselves in providing quality service and a clean and updated facility. While we do not offer an airport shuttle, we do offer complimentary parking which can save you some money if you drive in or rent a car. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Burbank, you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. The location of the hotel is right across from shopping and restaurants so the was really convenient.

Check in was fine and the rooms were nice a clean. The beds were comfy. The grounds were nice, with a fire pit and chairs to sit out in the courtyard.

I would have liked to have complimentary breakfast, but other than that, it was a pretty good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool vs. the street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear onlyone129:
Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay. We are definitely in a convenient location to shopping, dining, and many wonderful attractions. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Burbank, whether it be for one night or more, you choose to stay with us again!