“Great hotel and staff”

Courtyard Los Angeles Burbank Airport
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
“Great hotel and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Greeted so enthusiastically when we arrived and made to feel very important. And thought there was a computer glitch and I was first given a room that hadn't been cleaned yet...everyone jumped in and got me taken care if immediately! Very clean hotel, good neighborhood with a lot of restaurants close by! Will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Atcruiser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

My mom and I came to Burbank for the sole reason that we got tickets to see Ellen DeGeneres! We looked at several through TA and decided on this one.

We got a rental car and the distance from the airport to car rental to hotel was so close. This was my first time to Burbank and was surprised at how easy it was to get around. I never noticed any type of rush hour.

We stayed for 6 nights. We first did Universal Studios, then Ellen, Conan, Disneyland.

The hotel is not too big, just a few stories high. It's walking distance to the strip mall with stores, restaurants. There is a restaurant inside the lobby as well as morning buffet for an extra free. They serve Starbucks coffee, but there is not a Starbucks itself inside the lobby.

I hadn't shared a room with my mom in years, this place was perfect! The beds were extra comfortable, great AC with white noise, we both slept very well each night.

The breakfast was very basic, and very tasty. The first couple days I ordered the regular breakfast, but then realized for another 1-2 more dollars, could add some fruit onto my breakfast.

The parking was free and very easy. Not in a garage or street, but their own parking lot.

When we ventured out to Anaheim for Disneyland, the freeway was very close.

We did try out the pool. The bar is right there, can bring drinks out. It's a small pool and landscape, but the same time it was very cute. It reminded me of Hawaii with the palm trees and a fire pit at a table.

We walked to dinner at the strip mall a couple times and walked down the street to a wonderful Mexican restaurant.

Our only issue was when it came time to check out (we wanted to split our credit cards), the desk took awhile, when we hadn't really seen anyone there before. The guy that helped us spent a long time getting the bill split....only to find out a couple weeks later that it did end up being all on one card. Not a big deal. But, not sure what he was doing. (I joked he was updating his Facebook status).

I would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank seamom56
rochester,ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We chose to stay in Burbank because our daughter works there, and it was convenient to get together with her after work, and yet still easy to get to other places we wanted to go during the day. We often stay at Courtyards because they are clean, modern, and a good value, but this was the best one we have ever stayed in!
The staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. The location was great with a Target, some restaurants, and a liquor store a block or 2 away. We loved sitting around the firepit, near the pool in the courtyard, in the evenings. There is also a hot tub out there, and a shaded cabana.
The parking is free and no hassel, a real find in LA, as is the wifi.
Will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: We asked for a 1st floor room, but most 1st floor rooms look out on the parking lot so you can't...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gardengirl001
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Best thing about this hotel is the location, easy access to I-5, shops and downtown Burbank. Amenities were nice too - great breakfast, trendy interior and fire pits in outdoor courtyard. Unforunately, both the wi-fi and internet (in business center) were dismally slow and unreliable, one of the printers was also broke. The cell phone reception was also awful, less than one bar for my AT&T phone. When I complained I was told the reception has been bad since they built the building next store . . . . . On a brighter note the staff was great and tried everything they could to help. Grethel and Peter were awesome. I would stay here again as long as I didn't have any business to tend - but if you have deadlines to meet or need reliable internet stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank MerryBanker
Rohnert Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We love staying here when we visit family in Burbank. The staff are just delightful people. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It's close to restaurants and shopping. Our teen sons enjoy the wi-fi and the pool. We liked sitting by the fire pit and lounging in the hot tub.The landscaping is beautiful. It costs a little more than the competitors, but since it feels like a pretty safe place, I'd rather stay here.

(The elevator is a little sketchy...it makes a grinding noise before it stops.)

Room Tip: My 4th floor room looked out over the front parking lot. It was quiet and just fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MissingKailua88
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel was very conveniently located and the first one of many on our family vacation to California. We kept comparing all the following hotels to this one. It was very nicely decorated, the pool area was very pretty and there were these seating areas with fire pits going at night. Our room was clean and spacious, would love to stay here again when we come back to CA.
The price concerned me at first, it was the most expensive of all the hotels we stayed at, but for what we got and how it looked, I think the price was very fair. It is more business hotel like and not as family like, but we were there on a weekend so there weren't a lot of people. The breakfast was very good, lots of choices and even though it was not included, since it was right there and had so many choices the price was worth it. Really loved this hotel!

Room Tip: We had a pool view and it was very beautiful, we did not ask for it though...but it was a great view...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Alicia S
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Kudos and accolades to the management and staff at this Marriott property in Burbank for this flagship Marriott Courtyard. I was in town to catch a few Dodger games (They spanked the Cubs,... thank you. :-) and this was a great choice with an easy 15 minute drive to Chavez Ravine as well as offering many great restaurants in the area. The Courtyard provided a great place to unwind and relax after the games as it was landscaped with beautiful palm trees and a nice fire pit for enjoying a glass of vino with friends. I'm making a few more games next month and will definitely be staying here again. GO DODGERS!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends