Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was placed in this hotel by my company and was set to be here for 8 weeks. Let me just say that I have found another hotel in the area to move to. This hotel is okay for a night or two but that is it. Even though it has been re-done in the company's new design and color scheme it still is just cheap. The bedding is fair and the towels are the same. The rooms are not fresh and the cleaning leaves a lot to be desired but it's not gross. The desk clerks are very young and don't have much experience nor do they have much authority to do anything. They are very friendly however and do try to do what they can. There is usually just one clerk on at any given time so most of the time you have to wait to be helped. The location is nice if you want to shop and there is a 24 hour fitness within walking distance. Restaurants within walking distance too....Outback, Olive Garden, etc...There is also a Marriot across the street as well.
This hotel has NO amenities and the "breakfast" is definitely "grab-n-go"....Some of the clientele are questionable despite the location. My first room smelled so bad that I had to change rooms. I would stay elsewhere if you have to be here for more than a night or two.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is reserved for smokers which I think is awful... I would try and stay on the either e...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Helen - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the encouraging comments about how friendly our staff was and how much you liked our central location; however, we apologize that the room as well as the grab-and-go breakfast was not completely to your satisfaction. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are committed to improving our service and guest room cleanliness standards.

We continually work to improve our hotel amenities , so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at BBT@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport

Reviewed July 13, 2013

.Me and my wife,we like to travel and we always stay and diferent hotels. In almost 6 years of traveling this is the best hotel made us feel like our house. I will highly recommend it. Stores are just 20 steps away from doors. Park is just a block away. Burbank airport is just 2 blocks away but you can't heart any noise of airplane, amtrak is by the airport as well.. I will comeback and stay for a whole month. I love it

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that our newly refreshed rooms and facilities as well as central location suited your lodging needs. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future at our Burbank location

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed there just one evening. The location was great. The price was right. The room was great. They are still renovating but even so things were in very good shape. The front desk staff was very helpful.

We will most likely stay there again when we go back to Burbank!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Richard - Thank you so much for sharing your experience and posting the wonderful review of our newly refreshed hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with all the new updates and our location.

The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This Extended Stay hotel was undergoing "refreshing" at the time of our visit, and we were assigned one of the newly refreshed rooms. Our experience was very good (we had stayed here once previously, before the "refreshment" began, and it's an improvement). The "refreshment" is not "remodeling." It's just fresh paint, new flat-screen TVs, some carpeting, a new recliner chair, etc. These rooms are very comfortable. Equipped with a small desk, queen bed, small (but very serviceable) bathroom, and a fully-equipped kitchen area with good cabinets, sink, fridge, stove, microwave. Air conditioning and shower work well. These are not "suite" rooms; they're a single large room including the kitchen area. This Extended Stay is located behind a Marriott (and was probably previously an Extended Stay Marriott), and adjacent to a "big box" shopping center (Lowe's, Target and a few others). There's a Starbucks and a few other fast food restaurants within walking distance, and several large office buildings next door. The neighborhood seems safe at night, and driving distance to Burbank Airport is very good. Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The overall experience is "economy/utility," but clean, safe and quite comfortable. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Projournalist
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your positive experience at our newly renovated hotel. We are so pleased to hear that we were able to accomplish our goal of providing each of our guests with a clean and comfortable rooms. As well, I am so glad that you enjoyed our location.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for choosing our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near a shopping complex with many quality restaurants within walking distance: Outback, Olive garden, Hook burger, Mexican and Starbucks ..... It also less then 10 min drive to universal and most other Hollywood destinations. Very clean and well maintained and about 1/2 the price of Marriott courtyard next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Girish - It is so rewarding to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly renovated rooms. We are so glad that you found our location convenient, close to different establishments in the area, and very well maintained.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I picked Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport about a week before my trip. After my previous trip to Burbank at a less-than-choice hotel, I wasn't expecting much, especially since it was rated in the middle of Burbank hotels on TripAdvisor (and below the place I stayed in last time).

What a surprise this place was! In the process of being renovated, the finished floors (third and fourth while I was there) are very nice. My room was absolutely fantastic. Kitchenette with full-size refrig, microwave and sink, two good-sized beds and nice bathroom. And located in a huge shopping center with Target, Best Buy, Lowe's and several restaurants nearby (we recommend Daphne's), all within walking distance. Can't get much better than that.

Though next to train tracks, I didn't hear more than a couple during my stay and they never caused a problem. The breakfast, a grab-and-go affair, has snack bars, coffee and oatmeal packets, which works for me.

On the down side, the check-in isn't till 3 p.m. I wasn't told that at the desk and found the maid still in my room at 2:15 p.m. I also didn't realize until after I got there that there's no ice machine, no swimming pool or fitness room, though a 24 Hour Fitness is nearby. The hotel also can be hard to find. I passed it a couple of times before I finally did. A friend who visited also had the same problem.

But the place is very comfortable and very quiet (other than some movement the first night above me at 4 a.m.). I'd recommend this place to everyone, especially with all the stores nearby. That's such a hassle when you're on the road, and this ESA eliminates that completely. If you're staying here for several days or longer, this place is perfect. I definitely look forward to returning next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Steve - I appreciate you taking the time to write such an encouraging review. It's great to hear that you were happy with our newly renovated rooms and, of course, our location within the shopping center. Being centrally located between shopping & restaurants can't be beat!

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here after the Marriott across the street was sold out. At first we were bummed out especially because the hotel does not have a pool. We were given a renovated room and were very surprised! The room was very clean and very spacious with a full kitchen. The staff was young and had the upmost professionalism. We would definitely stay again. One suggestion would be an updated breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KD52385
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hi there,

The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience in our newly updated rooms .We really do appreciate your kind words about our staff and service as well. Thank you again for posting your review and I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.