“Chic, Classy Boutique Hotel”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We spent 1 night here and were pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The exterior of the building looks like a NYC penthouse building with doorman service. The valet guys were very nice ($28/night) as was the front desk personnel. The lobby is very intimate yet has a hip feel to it. There's a nice bar and restaurant too. The room was fairly spacious and my significant other and teen son very pleased with the 42"plasma. The bathroom was clean, minus a mild moisture odor coming from the shower curtain. The room had an ipod dock. It was conveniently located 10 minute drive from Universal Studios... we would DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
georgia626, Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

The Hotel Amarano Management & Staff want to thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Tom Whelan

Reviewed August 13, 2010

I am currently staying in this hotel for business, and have a lot of nice things to say about my experience thus far. This is actually my first review with TripAdvisor--my time here has been good enough that I was finally motivated to register on this site and submit a review! The rooms are clean and comfortable, with nice linens, calm/neutral color scheme, lots of desk space, enough outlets for all my electronics, free and fast wireless internet, the biggest flat screen TV I've ever seen in a hotel, and lots of room to walk around.

When I first got to my room, I was there for about 20 minutes before I heard loud voices and laughter coming from the adjoining room next to mine. It got pretty loud over the course of a few minutes, and though I HATE being that person who calls the front desk with complaints, I decided to give them a call to see if I could switch to another room--either one with no adjoining doors or a room that didn't have anyone currently staying next door. The employee at the front desk gladly moved me to a new, quieter room that had no adjoining room doors, and better yet he came up to give me the new room keys himself, and also offered to help me move my luggage. All the while he was super accommodating, and didn't once make me feel like I was being a pain in the butt. I really appreciated the flexibility! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
georgia626, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during the beginning of your stay. I'm pleased that we were able to remedy the problem and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Tom Whelan

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Everything about this hotel is lovely. Clean, plush, great location, and a free business center. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free shuttle ( but the two tips to the driver was almost the same as the parking fee.) to Universal Studios was nice. There is a little kitchenette which was helpful. Supermarket across the street was open all night. It was worth paying more and staying in a lovely place. There was a special rate for guests going to Universal Studios. Parking is extra but one might find free parking on the street.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2010

The reason to choose this hotel was simple. We were in Los Angeles to visit the Universal Studios. This hotel was 10 minutes drive from there(hotel offered free shuttles to the theme park). It lies in a quiet neighbourhood of Burbank close to the burbank airport.

I only stayed one night here but the room was excellent. The amenities were very good. Staff well informed and extremely courteous.

Hollywood boulevard, Universal studios and Warner brors studios are all nearby. Would not recommend this hotel if you wish to see the remaining parts of Los Angeles.

Breakfast spread is nice. There is always starbucks nearby if you need anything else. Also a supermarket is across the street.

Overall suited our purpose very well. The transfers offered to and from the hotel is very comfortable. Food is all right. Location is nice and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2010

The service of the staff was fantastic - helpful, friendly, professional and attentive. Our room was gorgeous - great decor, super clean and quiet. We used their complimentary valet shuttle (a town car) several times and each time the driver/valet staff were gentlemen. The beds were super comfortable. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Overall, this is a good boutique hotel. I've stayed a few times, and found the staff responsive, and facilities very good. I asked to be moved this stay after being disturbed well into the night by other guests in the hall ... on multiple occasions. No problems - made the switch without a hitch. parking is too expensive. But overall a good stay. Well priced compared to neighboring chains.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mattnaylor
Reviewed February 20, 2010

I selected this hotel for two reasons---it was very close to the Warner Brothers lot (we went to the Ellen Show) and second, they offer free town car service to and from the Burbank Airport as well as within 3 miles of the hotel.

When we arrived, we were in love with the decor of the lobby! We arrived at 12noon and our room was ready which was very comfortable and nice. We had lunch outside at the hotel restaurant which was delicious. Our server, Jorge, was excellent and took great care of us.

When we returned from the Ellen Show (which was amazing and so much fun!) we were exhausted so we ordered room service and it was prompt and wonderful.

There is a grocery store across the street (a neighborhood street not a busy street) so one of my friends ran over and got pastries and juice for breakfast.

We really enjoyed this hotel and would return again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
The Garland
#15 of 355 in Los Angeles
The Tangerine
#2 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!