“Best of Local - But not Best”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
San Francisco
Reviewed February 2, 2006

The Mrs and I have been to some real winners and real losers in and around Los Angeles over the years: The Graciela earns membership in neither column.

If you must stay in Burbank, you'll find your choices are limited to be sure - no 5-stars around here: you are down to a couple of local chain hotels and others which, while interesting, don't qualify for 'luxury' status.

The Graciela is clean, there's that - and it is relatively quiet. Rooms are spacious, but as others have mentioned the generosity stops there.

Room service and other amenities are priced as if this really were a 5-star. And don't think you'll just pop-out for fine dining: This is Burbank, not New York or San Francisco: The whole town goes to bed at 8pm and you may end up with Graciela's room service as your best option. As it is, the food is very good, possibly some of the best in town: It's just dramatically overpriced.

Mandatory valet parking will set you back almost 20 bucks a day.

Wireless Internet access was inoperable during our single-night stay.

The staff was very professional - they seem to think it's not The Ritz - let's not let-on, as it would only break their hearts.

Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Queen Creek, AZ
Reviewed January 24, 2006

I just returned from my stay at The Graciela Hotel for 2 glorious nights. We had 4 in our group, 2 rooms. The rooms were fabulous! The staff went above and beyond what I have ever experienced before. We had very personalized service from everybody. Aday, Marie, & Jane at the front desk. Nick,Paul, & Aday with their driving of the complimentary transportation. (Not to mention Nick's awesome singing). Norm, Tan-ya, & Shannon in the bar. Great drinks & atmosphere! The wonderful housekeeping lady that came in to make up our hide-bed in the one room. The 2 wonderful male waiters in the breakfast dining area. I cannot name one person that did not make this stay fabulous.
The ambiance, food, and drinks are excellent. I also enjoyed the the quietness & elegance of the total atmosphere & surroundings of the entire hotel.
We even saw drummer, Silver Taylor & producer,
Garry Marshall! It was a great addition to our short trip to Burbank for the filming of the Ellen Degeneres Show. (I wish that I could say as much positive about that experience, but that is a whole other story.)
The Graciela made me WANT to go to Burbank sometime again soon. Thanks to all of you. Jan H.

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2005

I stayed at Graciela Burbank for over a week and found it to be lovely, quiet and cozy. The staff was wonderfully attentive, GREAT valet service, delicious room service. IF YOU HAVE TO STAY IN BURBANK, I WOULDN'T STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!!!
The bed is unbelievable (and I am a VERY picky sleeper!!) I know everyone raved about the bed and I can see why!!

The cons are that the gym is very small and the tread mill was broken when i was there, the rooftop hottub that they advertise is kept at about 65 degrees, and there isn't much in the area.....if you want that...stay in West Hollywood.

But if you find yourself in Burbank, don't even think twice about staying here. It was great! I'd stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank GSinNYC77
Reviewed November 6, 2005

My sisters and I spent 3 days at the Graciela while in town for a taping of "The Ellen Degeneres Show". I have traveled all over the West and have never been treated as well as we were at the Graciela. The staff, from the front desk to the lobby bar to housekeeping and beyond went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. The rooms are spacious and spotless, the beds are very comfortable, the bathrooms large and well appointed. There is a small fitness center on the top floor with a charming little patio area, a nice place to sit and have a glass of wine in the evening. If you find yourself in the Burbank area I would not hesitate to book a room at this wonderful hotel, I promise you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank BrodiesMom
Reviewed October 29, 2005

I just returned from a 2-night stay at the Graciela. This hotel was outstanding. The staff was extremely courteous and polite, I never had to open a door. We did not have a car and the hotel shuttle (a Suburban) was often available to take us to our destination. If not, the staff called a cab immediately. The rooms are spotless and comfortable. The food at the bar was excellent and the servers friendly and knowledgeable. I can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank MaryalndFamily
Reviewed October 3, 2005

We stayed at the Graciela during our mammoth tour of West USA in August. During our holiday we stayed in 10 hotels and this was by far the best and not the most expensive. This hotel has got everything just perfect. The bedrooms are excellent, beds are the most amazingly comfortable beds we have ever slept on and my daughter now compares every bed to the Graciela's. The staff are the most helpful and friendly we have ever encounterd - nothing was too much trouble. Immediately we arrived after an 18 hour journey we felt relaxed and at home. We originally booked for 2 nights, then on our return to LA changed our prearranged hotel to the Graciela and were not disappointed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and can't praise the staff enough for being so professional yet extremely friendly and helpful. The management and staff of this hotel have alot to be proud of and should pass on their secret to other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank FranceSuzy
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 2, 2005

I have stayed at the Graciela twice now, and each time, I have experienced the finest in guest and customer service. The hotel itself is wedged into an OK part of Los Angeles/Burbank. Inside the hotel is like stepping into a peaceful oasis of grace and tranquility. The staff specializes in taking care of you from the time you drive up until the moment you drive away. I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff. I not only recommend the Graciela, I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to stay anywhere in LA.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Universal City Area
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#83 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!