“Wonderful getaway”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Lacey, Washington
“Wonderful getaway”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

It was exactly as advertised on their web page, and I was most happy with the Junior suite, especially the bathroom and balcony overlooking the pool. One of the more comfortable beds I've found while traveling. Looking forward to a return visit!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DeeDK
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We are glad to hear that you think we are wonderful getaway and I think we would have to agree. It's nice to hear how much you enjoyed our bed. You are not the first to comment how comfortable they are.

Thank you for taking time out to post a review.

Tom Whelan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Texas, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

The staff was courteous and accommodating. The rooms were clean. There were three issues with our restroom when we got there. I requested the repairs and because of miscommunication from the gentleman at the front desk to engineering, The problems were not fixed for three days. Once I spoke to engineering directly the gentleman quickly fixed problems.
My main concern with hotel is that the parking is $33 per day. We were there 9 days so of course this meant no parking at the hotelfor us. So we ended up having to park in the streets every night and with a young daughter in tow, that is definitely what will keep me away next time.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking time out to post a review.

I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate department and we sincerely apologize for the miscommunication. Due to our location in a residential neighborhood, we provide the service of valet parking. We have always tried to keep our rate lowest in the Greater LA area. Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity some time in the future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We spent 5 days here and LOVED it. The service was top notch! Prior to arrival I had asked for something special to be waiting in our room, and Edwin (at the front desk) made it happen exactly as requested! A+ for Edwin, as well as the entire staff that we had contact with. They were always friendly and accommodating. :) The grounds here are beautifully kept, with a good sized pool and hot tub. The rooms are spacious, with very comfortable beds and soft sheets. The hotel is within close proximity to freeways and restaurants. There is a grocery store and Starbucks right across the street. If you don't want to use the valet service, there is plenty of parking on the street. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to LA.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tammy N
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
So glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel Amarano. I have passed your comments on to Edwin, who really takes pride in delivering superior service. We are also happy to hear that you will be staying with us on your next visit to the LA area.

Thank you again for taking time out to post a review.

Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed here while visiting family in the area and was really surprised at the quality of hotel for the money! The rooms were large and clean, the staff was friendly, the pool was fantastic, and the bar/restaurant exceeded expectations! The only downside was that we were unable to get a room with out a connecting door (a big no no of mine) and specifically requested one when making the reservation. We were told the type of room we requested (Double Superior) only came with connecting doors. It would've been nice to know that going in or we may have chosen to upgrade.

Overall it was a great experience and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review and letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the confusion with regards to the connecting rooms.

Looking forward to your next visit with us.

san jose
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This boutique style hotel had a great price, great rooms, and great location for Universal studios. It was about a 5-7 minute drive. This hotel is small but worth every penny. the rooms are modern and nice sized. The fridge was stocked with wine, soda, water and much more. The food here was also pretty good. if you book directly with the hotel right now you get a "pick your perk" coupon that we used towards food. The staff here was extremely pleasant and valet was fast. I will book here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is the letter I wrote to the hotel after my most recent stay:

I am disappointed. Frankly, the service at the hotel, including booking reservations, has been unsatisfactory. The fact that there has been so much confusion surrounding the discount which I was given, then only honored reluctantly, and now the reneging of the original arrangement, calling it introductory, is symptomatic of a rudderless ship of a hotel. Even housekeeping is questionable, taking out trash if and when they feel like it.

Every hotel room has a bed, a bathroom, a dresser and a television. What distinguishes fine hotels from poor ones are the people who work there and the service they provide to the customer.

For my next trip, I will try a different hotel. As you know, there are many to choose and many hotels treat their customer with greater respect than what I have received from the Hotel Amarano. I would rather pay more money elsewhere than to keep going through this with you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I'd like to express my sincere apologies for any confusion with regards to your reservation. We pride ourselves on superior service and guest satisfaction and I'm quite surprised to hear that we were reluctant to honor a particular rate that was quoted.

I have also discussed your concerns with our Housekeeping Department. Again, my apologies for any confusion and hopefully, you will us an opportunity sometime in the near future. I would be more than happy to assist you with your reservation. I can be reached at 818-260-4750.

Cliffside Park, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel and very clean. Beds are comfortable. The hotel menu is diverse and fairly priced. The Spinach Mango Shrimp salad is delicious! Gym is small but has treadmills, elliptical, and nautilus weight machine. The pool area is gorgeous. Staff are friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your review and it's nice to hear that you would stay with us again on your next visit. I have informed our Executive Chef, Jose Sanchez how much you enjoyed the Spinach Mango Salad on our summer menu.

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Tom Whelan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
Universal City Area
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#95 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!