“Decent hotel, needs better maintenance and better trained staff”

Hotel Amarano Burbank
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I rarely write reviews even though I travel frequently throughout California for work, and internationally for fun. But there were a couple of things that really needed mentioning about the Hotel Amarano. I checked into the Hotel Amarano for 2 nights while staying in Burbank for work near to the hotel. The hotel has a modern, clean, pleasant lobby. The room I was given was directly off the elevator and needed some better attention to maintenance. It was clean, but pain chipping on walls, stains were visible on the walls including in the bathroom, water damage was also visible to the bathroom door. The window in my room had a broken handle and couldn't be closed. Not a big deal, because they sent an engineer up to fix it. Though a room inspection should have discovered that before.

The least desirable point about the hotel was the front desk staff. When I checked in the tall gentlemen who wore a badge that said "supervisor" was about as disinterested and unfriendly as I have experienced in any recent stay. I had just called him from my car to ask about parking and asked if they had self-service or street parking. He tersely said, "No. Just Valet. It's $33." Well, truth be told, the hotel is in a very nice area of Burbank with TONS of street parking day and night. I don't appreciate being misled by the hotel.

After checkout, I checked my credit card account and saw a separate charge for $7.00. I called the hotel to ask and was told, "it must be the mini-bar." I told them I definitely didn't take anything from the mini-bar because the items looked old and dusty. They took off the charge, but again, the attitude was superficial and cold.

I've lived and worked in LA at various times over the past 20 years. I know it better than any city except perhaps my hometown. Next time, I need to be somewhere in the Valley, it won't be the Amarano.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your review and my sincere apologies for your experience. The Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction, that's why we continue to retain our 4 diamond rating. Obviously, we did not deliver throughout your stay and I am sincerely sorry for that.

I have addressed your concerns with our staff and would very much like to ask if you would give us another opportunity on your next visit to Los Angeles and I would personally like to assist you with your reservation. I can be reached at 818-260-4750.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Amarano Burbank

Reviewed February 10, 2014

beautiful rooms, great hotel staff, the room was set up for a beautiful romantic night. We were given champagne on ice, chocolate dipped strawberries, robes and slippers. There were rose peddles in the room. overall everything was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Romance package, which is very popular with so many of our guests. Thank you for taking time out to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had an amazing stay at Hotel Amarano! We would recommend it to anyone visiting Burbank. Plus there was a great breakfast place across the street called Bea Bea's. Our most enjoyable part of our stay was our Bartender Harvey in the hotel lobby! We would definitely make a trip back just to see him. Great hotel that was nice and clean!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We will pass your comments on to Harvey, who has been with us since the opening of the hotel and he continually delivers superior guest service.

Look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is not a chain and it stands out with it's own unique "personality" that is elegant, high quality, stylish and comfortable. We loved the bar (which I understand is going to be remodeled) but while we were there, it was small (cozy) with friendly bartenders (Harvey & Norm) and the food was fantastic actually -- I recommend the burger especially! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you so much. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and how much you enjoyed the food and service at the bar, along with our guest rooms. We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future and please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist with your reservation. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We loved our Jr. Suite room! It was clean, and spacious. I came with my sisters to see the Ellen Show (walking distance to WB Studio's) and we were able to host a gathering with some local friends, with plenty of room for all. Kitchen a huge plus! The staff, starting with my pick up from the Burbank Airport, to the check in, to the bar staff, and cleaning staff were all very helpful, and in good spirits, so it made our accommodations that much more enjoyable!

I highly recommend this hotel and plan on returning again soon!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

The Management & Staff would like to thank you for taking time out to post a review and we are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on superior service and guest satisfaction and it is always very gratifying when we hear back from one of our guests that we delivered. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We really liked this hotel. No kidding, the best bed we have slept in ever. Cleaniness of the hotel and room were excellent. Their free shuttle service to Universal Studios was great. I would go back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Nice location if you want to be close to Universal Studios at a good price.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

We want to thank you for posting a review and for letting everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay. Time and time again, we hear from our guests how comfortable our beds are and they always want to know where they can be purchased.

Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction. and it is always nice to hear when we have delivered. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I chose this hotel to be close to the WB studios. I was surprised at how lovely the hotel was, I hadn't picked that up from my trip advisor research. They have a beautiful lobby lounge and bar and the service was top notch.
The room was amazing. It had a full kitchen and dining area with a separate master bedroom. There was also a fabulous walk in closet that could accommodate all our luggage.
The hotel is in a nice, safe, quiet area with a Starbucks and grocery store across the street as well as other places to eat a short drive or walk away.
The only negatives were no breakfast included - but with a full kitchen you didn't need it, however there wasn't any dishes or cutlery (to be fair, I didn't ask for any either) and the valet parking was expensive but I'm sure you could park in the car park over the road if need be.
The staff were super friendly and professional, a pleasure to stay there.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Janren2013

Thank you so much for taking time out to post a review. I have passed your comments on to our team. We are thankful that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Tom Whelan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Central L.A
Universal City Area
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#93 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!