“Nice stay at Amarano”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Mill Valley, California
“Nice stay at Amarano”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. The staff is super friendly for a boutique hotel- not snotty at all and very helpful. We drove up to the valet and he nicely informed us that it would cost 30 bucks to have him park the car but there was plenty of parking just around the corner which I thought was very nice of him. We really enjoyed the pool which was kept at a very nice temperature. There's Starbuck coffee in the lobby and another Starbuck coffee house and grocery store right across the street. We were going to Universal Studios so this hotel was located in the perfect place for that. They hotel shuttled us to the park and picked us up as well. The staff helped us plan our day at Universal and gave us tips on what to do first which really was helpful. We accidentally left our bathing suits in the closet and they FedEx'd them to our home for us. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took time out to post a review. It's always nice to hear that you would stay with us again on your next visit. Your comments have been passed on to our team and they are again very thankful for your kind words.

Tom Whelan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

For all the effort to appear as a first class hotel, the Amarano loses it in the bathroom:

1. The shower head was worse than what is available in a Motel 6!! It was not just the fact that the head was partially encrusted with mineral deposits, it was also that it was a very CHEAP shower head in the first place. The shower stream was weak and irregular, and could not be adjusted otherwise.

2. The faucet head in the basin was the same. A very poor flow of water. Replace those things with an good aeration-type faucet head.

3. Overall, the price value for these rooms is just not there. Contributing to this problem is the "mandatory" valet charge. It's ridiculous. Make the valet service optional, and allow ordinary people to park their own cars.

4. On the positive side, the lounge area and restaurant were first class and very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience with regards to the shower head and faucet. We have already addressed these issues with the Engineering Department.

Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction. We would ask that you give us another opportunity on your next visit to the LA area.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay at Hotel Amarano. The location was perfect and very safe. Only a 15 cab ride to Hollywood. Walking distance to the various Warner brothers studios too and to Ellen's studio ( the main reason we came to LA) The hotel staff at hotel Amarano were excellent and so very helpful. We will definitely stay here again but only if I get the new wing.

Room Tip: Ask for new wing -pool view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angie118
Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write a review. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be staying with us again on your next visit to the LA area. Your comments have been passed on to our team and they are very much appreciated.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Honestly, I have stayed in better, but for the area it was pretty good. My 7 year old son and I thoroughly enjoyed the pool. It was small but adequate for the number of people that used it. I liked that even though the hotel is trying to be more of a "hip" singles spot, they were actually pretty family friendly. Beds were very comfortable. Their showers could use a little more thought to their redesign. The hallways could be a little brighter but the big bad here is the lack of adequate self parking. Having to use their valets just to be absolutely sure that your car isn't parked where it might get towed or "other" is frankly ridiculous. Just because you have valets doesn't necessarily put you in a higher star rating, particularly when your facilities are equalled by 3 1/2 star chain facilities. They need to lose the valet parking requirement.

Other than that. It was a good stay overall

Room Tip: There is an older section to this facility. Avoid it if you can.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and we are glad that you found us to be family friendly and that you enjoyed our heated salt water pool. With regards to Valet parking, the hotel is situated in a quiet, residential neighborhood, very close to Disney, Warner Brother and Universal Studios. Due to virtually no street parking, we implemented the service of Valet parking and have been diligent about keeping our rates the lowest in the LA area.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed for two nights and enjoyed the experience. Mike at the front desk and the valet staff were excellent. Our room was little bit nosiy from traffic. Only real drawback was the valet parking. It cost $35 a day , coming from Las Vegas we weren't expecting this. We were tipping the staff as if we were at a casino, so it turned out to be overly expensive.

1 Thank Vegasranger
twhelan, General Manager at Hotel Amarano Burbank, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to complete a review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We also want to thank you for recognizing our Team members for their service. Due to the fact that we are in a residential neighborhood, parking is limited that is why we provide the service of Valet Parking at a minimal price, compared to other hotels in the LA area.

If there is anything we can do in assisting with a future reservation when you are traveling to the LA area, please don't hesitate to give us a call directly with your special request.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been a huge fan of Amarano the past 8 years until my last 2 stays. I just returned from a horrendous 5 night stay. I learned there is a new section and old. I was placed originally in the old section that is very tired. The tile floor was stained with foot grease. I arrived at midnight from the east coast. I pulled up and no one even offered to help with my luggage as I lugged 3 large peices in. I checked in and went to my room to find down pillows. I called the desk and asked for anything without feathers (I have asthma). I waited a half hour exhausted only to have more down pillows delivered. I asked again and they finally found 3 non down pillows. I was so tired. I finally got to sleep when at 5:30 am the children from another family in the adjoining room started opening the slamming the adjoining door. I slept about 2-3 hours that night. Night 2 I got into bed at 10 to hear the same children screaming and banging the walls. I finally fell asleep and was awakened at 12:30 with a sheet delivery that I didn't order. Another error. Night 3 the screaming continued, I called and I don't know what was happening but the desk didn't believe me. I called 3 times when they heard the screaming from the other room over my phone. Eventually I was allowed to move to the new wing. It was much cleaner, quieter, and had foam pillows. I did have the opportunity to speak with the manager and he apologized profusely which was good because I really was about to go to the Holiday Inn. He said he would comp a night or 2 for my trouble. I was impressed that he was acknowledging the problem and doing a nice thing.

The next morning I felt so fabulous after a good night sleep and went to make my coffee in the Keurig provided but there were no stirrers or spoons so I called the desk and asked for a spoon. They said " would you like coffee and creamer as well?", I said "no just a spoon please". 5 minutes later, the bellman arrived with a tray filled with coffee and creamer and no spoon. I am just amazed and disappointed at the place.

I went to check out on Sunday morning and was given the bill. There was no compensation just the full price. I told the man at the desk what the manager had said and he said " wait for a few minutes and Ill get the manager, he is in the other office"

I have been waiting in this hotel far too long for things that were supposed to happen. I don't get to LA very often and when I do I am there to spend maximum time with my kids who live there. I have no desire to give Amarano another minute waiting for them to find a way to right all the wrongs.

I left and probably will not return. It is too time consuming.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing without a connecting door. Check for spoons, coffee, pillows and anyt...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
My sincere apologies. I do remember our conversation on the phone and as I mentioned, the Hotel Amarano prides itself on superior service and guest satisfaction. Unfortunately, that was not your experience. It was my understanding that the issues had been resolved and if not, I would like to make it right. At your convenience, you can contact me at 818-260-4750 or email me at twhelan@hotelamarano.com.

I look forward to your correspondence.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travel to LA for a 4 day weekend with my teenage son and his friend, we spent a couple of days in Disney and one day in Hollywood. For our Hollywood stay we selected the Amarano since it was very close to the WB studios with no expectations, once we were pleasantly surprised by the location, the look of the hotel, the rooms and mostly the staff. The staff made you feel like welcome right from the start, from the valet parking attendant to the receptionist, everyone greeted us with a smile. It was a very pleasant stay even if it was just for one night. The room price was fair, the only thing that I would recommend is that they should alert customers that there is a charge for valet parking, since there is no self parking and the only option would be to find parking in the street.

Overall this hotel is great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Due to residing in a quiet, residential neighborhood, there is limited parking that is why we offer the service of Valet parking for your convenience. Our Valet charge is the lowest in the Greater LA area and we try to keep it at a minimum.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the LA area.

Tom Whelan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
The Garland
Universal City Area
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#94 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Amarano Burbank? Share your experiences!